• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten three nagas, and five tyrans during 2x drop, still no fire mech. I should be able to do three more today (due to level after 2,500 exp). Any tips on the lowest stamina dungeon that will give me that much exp?

Owzers

These drop rates are pretty fucking terrible. Even with 2x, the stamina drain makes it annoying to even try and farm.

The problem with Puzzle and Dragons is that we like the gameplay, yet have to put up with a terrible free to play system that would normally have gamers quitting a game after 40 mins.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've gotten three nagas, and five tyrans during 2x drop, still no fire mech. I should be able to do three more today (due to level after 2,500 exp). Any tips on the lowest stamina dungeon that will give me that much exp?

Dragons of the Tower in Tower of Giants gives the most exp/stamina, ESPECIALLY during 1/2 stamina weekends.

Ran through expert, no mecha, but at least a tyran that I didn't have yet... I'll keep trying til midnight, oh well.

The problem with Puzzle and Dragons is that we like the gameplay, yet have to put up with a terrible free to play system that would normally have gamers quitting a game after 40 mins.

I think its a pretty decent f2p system. Terrible would be Battleland, or one of the Ville games. Its genuinely possible to enjoy PAD without spending any money. These dungeons will come back around, and youll be strong enough to do master / legendary. Theres no reason you HAVE to have it righht now. But if you really want it, you can refill stamina and farm till you get it. Thatts the entire point of a f2p system, incentevizing purchases but maintaining fun for free customers

Smiley90

I think its a pretty decent f2p system. Terrible would be Battleland, or one of the Ville games. Its genuinely possible to enjoy PAD without spending any money. These dungeons will come back around, and youll be strong enough to do master / legendary. Theres no reason you HAVE to have it righht now. But if you really want it, you can refill stamina and farm till you get it. Thatts the entire point of a f2p system, incentevizing purchases but maintaining fun for free customers

I think the stamina recovery rate and the magic stone "get" rate are just a bit on the "annoying" side of the enjoyment scale. Just move them a bit over and the game would be a pure funfest.

Jinko

I think the stamina recovery rate and the magic stone "get" rate are just a bit on the "annoying" side of the enjoyment scale. Just move them a bit over and the game would be a pure funfest.

I'm still hoping they will make a retail version for Vita.

How long does it take for them to cycle back around, I mean are half of us even going to be playing in 1-2 months time :p ?

I'm still hoping they will make a retail version for Vita.

How long does it take for them to cycle back around, I mean are half of us even going to be playing in 1-2 months time :p ?

theres a large enough variety of monsters that it might not matter. maybe youll be doing zeus or whatever the other dungeons are in 1-2 months.

these mechdragons have such high cost that most people cant even really use them in a team yet anyway. and besides, theyre not necessary in any party for any. dungeon, kind of just a novelty for now

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The magic stones just cost too much, that's really my only fault with the game. There needs to be a better deal on them, because $5 for a pull is completely ridiculous (disregarding the fact I've done it many times, trying to be objective). A decent compromise would be raising the lowest possible pull to a 4* silver egg and making the 3* eggs rare PAL pulls.

A stone for a stamina refill seems ridiculous at first, but fairly rewards long term players because if you're like the guy in the youtube video the other day, you'd be getting 200+ stamina back. Enough to do quite a few colored or metal dragon runs, weekday dungeons etc. The problem is getting to that much stamina. I'm at 73 stamina/128 team cost after a bit over a month, and I've spent a fair amount of money. So I feel stamina refills are ultimately fair, but rare pulls are just theft. =p

The magic stones just cost too much, that's really my only fault with the game. There needs to be a better deal on them, because $5 for a pull is completely ridiculous (disregarding the fact I've done it many times, trying to be objective). A decent compromise would be raising the lowest possible pull to a 4* silver egg and making the 3* eggs rare PAL pulls.

yea i agree there, although it's $3.50 / pull if you buy in bulk. still agree though that its quite expensive

xelios

yea i agree there, although it's $3.50 / pull if you buy in bulk. still agree though that its quite expensive

Yeah I buy in the 85 bulk, but I expect the average person just wanting to make a few pulls to get started or when an event comes up they really want something from is just buying maybe $10 of stones.

Jinko

Agreed stamina doesn't really scale very well, ideally it should replenish faster the more you have or something, but agree that using stones to replenish it is definitely better value for money the more you have.

Owzers

The first thing i'd change is box space being tied to magic stones. It should be increased as you level, maybe every 5 or 10 levels. You have to spend your stones on space and yet you get no satisfaction for it, almost as the game "taxing" you to continue playing since we all know the higher you are leveled the more monsters you have and need to level up, thus the more space you need for combination and evolved points. This wouldn't be so bad if the drop rates weren't pitiful, making it so that every time you expand your storage, you strangle your ability to get better creature teams. The next of course would be $5 a pull if you buy stones, discounted if you buy more, but it's still ridiculous. THEN i'd complain about stamina. Combine them all and argh real monsters ect ect.

Agreed stamina doesn't really scale very well, ideally it should replenish faster the more you have or something, but agree that using stones to replenish it is definitely better value for money the more you have.

Yea thats something i mentioned a while back. Even if it was just 1 second per rank, by the time you got to rank 100 you'd be at 8 min 20 seconds per stamina, which is not too drastic, but still enough to make a difference.

KuroNeeko

We got a new Special Dungeon today, I'm going to go ahead and just call it the Ancient Dragon of Water dungeon. It's limited to three colors and water is the main element. It's no damn joke, even at normal.

The boss dragon (Bowmore) chain hits for 15990 damage and has a 10000 DEF. He only has about 1600 HP though and a fairly long wind up so you need to burn him down before he attacks. The monsters up to him are no joke, or at least they would be if I had ANY decent green creatures. You'd think 3-colors would be awesome, but my strongest units are in black and red. :/

Will keep trying but I blew 30 stamina on two attempts this morning. Felt bad, but at the same time it's cool because it has me stewing about what team compositions will work. Fun stuff.

Any of you guys just maxing out and then saccing your unevolved Pendras? Feels like evolving them is too much of a pain. Metal Dragon dungeons are pretty damn expensive.

Quantum

Unfortunately I'm very addicted to the game but unwilling to buy the magic stones.

I certainly fall into the category of overpaying for games that I enjoy, I am the first to buy the lifetime offers for mmorpgs that then go fremium or btp - no regrets with that at all as I know I will grind items over time.

That being said, I have terrible luck. I can not justify buying stones because I would use them in the rare pull and get crappy mobs *every* time.

I've been playing for about two weeks and will be the first to admit that I will not stop playing - but - I am a little disheartened as I've run the flame mechdragon on normal countless times without a drop.

I have no issue farming as I have almost maxed skill on my level 70 siren (prior to the final upgrade), have farmed echidna, a vampire, a liltih and my "inital" roll was a loki (the 1.5 unevolved version).

I would by a 'retail' version of this game for 60 dollars in a heartbeat if it would allow me to play on my terms - over my time - and would allow offline gaming (I work in an internet free area)

Smiley90

We got a new Special Dungeon today, I'm going to go ahead and just call it the Ancient Dragon of Water dungeon. It's limited to three colors and water is the main element. It's no damn joke, even at normal.

The boss dragon (Bowmore) chain hits for 15990 damage and has a 10000 DEF. He only has about 1600 HP though and a fairly long wind up so you need to burn him down before he attacks. The monsters up to him are no joke, or at least they would be if I had ANY decent green creatures. You'd think 3-colors would be awesome, but my strongest units are in black and red. :/

Will keep trying but I blew 30 stamina on two attempts this morning. Felt bad, but at the same time it's cool because it has me stewing about what team compositions will work. Fun stuff.

Any of you guys just maxing out and then saccing your unevolved Pendras? Feels like evolving them is too much of a pain. Metal Dragon dungeons are pretty damn expensive.

Wouldn't that be a super-easy Shiva one-hit dungeon then?

KuroNeeko

Wouldn't that be a super-easy Shiva one-hit dungeon then?

Sure, if you have Shiva. Beating the actual dragon is not too hard - it's getting up to the dragon and having your skills charged that's hard (for me.) Well, that and when I started running the dungeon, no one had any information about it. I just knew that my attacks were coming back as 1s and that he burned through my friend's Odin.

I'm pretty confident I'll get through Normal today, Plessie should be able to one-shot him if I can pre-charge it. Advanced will probably be impossible.

thing is, the only reason to do tech dungeons is pengdras, so youre already blowing stamina to get them, and if you dont evolve them youre getting a terrible exp/stamina ratio.

youre going to do metal dragons anyway for chance of kings, so the dragons are free. that leaves only the plants. in about 10 runs (100 stamina) you can get 10 plants, so pretty worth it imo, just requires delayed gratification and planning

KuroNeeko

Forgot to mention that the new dungeon appears in the Special Dungeon section, but is actually a Technical dungeon. I just managed to clear the normal dungeon, but no thanks to my Plesiosaurus who only spat out a 6000+ water attack. :/ The actual champ was my little level 15 Leaf Chimera (ATK 568) who managed to cough out a 14000+ dmg attack after a mad, frantic combo chain. :D

Got the mad urge to pull on the rare slot machine and got a Dryad. Sad, yet not devastated. I mean, I already have a Siren so I can't see using her. Was hoping for a green unit though. :/

Jinko

Got the mad urge to pull on the rare slot machine and got a Dryad. Sad, yet not devastated. I mean, I already have a Siren so I can't see using her. Was hoping for a green unit though. :/

Always handy to have a healer of each elemen,not that fire and dark are much of healers.

Forgot to mention that the new dungeon appears in the Special Dungeon section, but is actually a Technical dungeon. I just managed to clear the normal dungeon, but no thanks to my Plesiosaurus who only spat out a 6000+ water attack. :/ The actual champ was my little level 15 Leaf Chimera (ATK 568) who managed to cough out a 14000+ dmg attack after a mad, frantic combo chain. :D

Haven't tried Ice Whiskeydragon on Expert yet, but the lackeys do a ridiculous amount of damage on Adept. Any idea how much damage the boss does on Expert?

Getting really sick of fire mech dungeon. It would be so bad if it did not take so long to beat the dragon. Seriously, a royal pain.

When you are running a primarily black and green group at least.

Pluses are I have two nagas, a halfway decent aurora dragon, and have ranked up three or four times

All I want is the drop... It would be nice after all this effort.

Smiley90

I got two red starters and a Naga to drop in my runs, but no Mecha dragon either -sigh- Now xelios's healer is down so I'm running Ice Mech with Kosh's Alraune. (running Alraune instead of Amu against Fire is just too frustrating with how long it'd take so I'm not doing that to myself)

Boken

Banned
Stamina might piss you off, and sure it IS a limitation, but it does have the neat side effect of making you plan every move and makes dying more punishing. These things are positive effects IMO

massoluk

Banned
Bwahaha, I can't use my Ice Mechdragon at all in my team because of cost requirement (50/53), but apparently it's a big hit for my pal egg.

ok ok, facebook group is saying that 2 heroes dungeon might appear tomorrow (special event). THe wiki's say that these have Beserk and Highlander drops.

also wind mech dungeon? should that not be "leaf" mech dungeon?

still no fire mech dragon. Betelguese, do I really have to say your name three times in order for you to appear?

This is ridiculous,

ccbfan

This game is really feast or famine with me.

Did like 12 fire mech runs yesterday. No naga and no mech.

Did like 4 this morning, No naga and no mech.

Planned it so I could do 6 straight run when 2x drops start.

Did 5 run, no naga and no mech.

I'm pissed and went to supermarket. Got home

and in my next 5-6 runs got a naga, the fire mech and the water mech. (Didn't need the siren since I already have one.)

xelios

What's the main drop in Wind?

Tornado Aircraft Dragon (lol - thanks to Google Translate!)

Wood (Mech) Dragon type

4126 Max HP
1552 Max ATK
SKL: 30k AOE wood damage
Leader: 2x wood team member damage

Going to sleep with Ammy up, but I can put Lv.55 Flare Drall or whatever up later on if someone needs for a higher difficulty.

Pet285.png

xelios

Wind Dragon Cannabis would be more interesting.

Still, I prefer the ORIGINAL name of Tornado Aircraft Dragon [Cano Phillips].

In my heart it will now always be Tornado Aircraft Dragon. So much more awesome.

Just did it twice on expert, no drop of course. Its easier for me tham fire because i have a lv. 60 firedragon tyrannos so double ADK group does a lot of damage. Against water / fire dragon i died a few times with 2x adk due to not enough healing

Will probably ignore this dungeon for a while to level up all my other stuff. Need to concentrate on metal dragons

raiot

Damn... No fire mech or naga for me!:( Tomb of the saint is also no joke... Couldn't even survive the 3rd round with a resolve team...

Damn... No fire mech or naga for me!:( Tomb of the saint is also no joke... Couldn't even survive the 3rd round with a resolve team...

Did you do a low hp resolve team or high hp resolve team? Should be high, since you get 6 turns between boss attacks to heal. Basically just build your strongest possible team with orochi as leader and a high lvl Ama as helper. Weird that you couldnt do it since i didnt even have orochi, just some shitty lv 5 ogre. Use orochi's skill to stay alive if you need to. Hardest part was the Basilisks

raiot

My Team was: orochi and amaterasu as Leader. Lvl 42 Hades, 17 Chaos Devil Dragon, Keeper of Rainbow, 39 dark Dragon Knight.

Edit: Ok, I'm now at hades with the same team... It was a cakewalk, I just had to activate brain mode and not play like a total idiot!

ParityBit

So today is the ruby dragons? I saw that when I logged in.

On a side note, my Ammy team got wiped hard by a power punch in the red tech dungeon (4th level) I am trying to get to the first light so I can try and farm a light mask (and 2 rainbow ghost things)

Jinko

Just did it twice on expert, no drop of course. Its easier for me tham fire because i have a lv. 60 firedragon tyrannos so double ADK group does a lot of damage. Against water / fire dragon i died a few times with 2x adk due to not enough healing

Will probably ignore this dungeon for a while to level up all my other stuff. Need to concentrate on metal dragons

Yea I feel as if I have completely neglected my levelling because of these crappy dungeons, no progress is fun :S

Kosh

[US] lightless devil's nest at 12:00 pst

[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/28/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom