• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvP-driven FPS in development by veterans from Respawn, Bungie, and Blizzard debuts trailer

kiphalfton

That's a good looking PS2 game.

we-have-just-received-breaking-news-we-have-news.gif

Oh wait...

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Meh, do something interesting. What’s the point of having all these veterans if all you’re going to do is make what everyone else is already making.

Yawn, looks like more of the same shit we’ve been seeing for the last few years. Anytime I see ‘PVP focused’ or ‘Multiplayer’ all I can see is a dogshit UI with prompts for micro-transactions.

I used to absolutely love FPS games. Most AAA publishers have ruined that though. Here’s hoping Id software have something awesome cooking up!

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It seems like the old developers have scattered everywhere. I no longer believe in this PR nonsense. Show me the game, let's see the reactions, and then I'll make a decision.

Ozriel

M$FT
We had similar take for Deviation Games. “Industry veterans making game changing, innovative FPS game” was the messaging.

Didn’t age well.

For their sakes, I hope this works out. It can be a bold, nerve-wracking decision to branch out into the unknown.

Knightime_X

Make maps small, chaos and player count high.

I miss arena shooters with loads in insanity.
Like unreal tournament 3 with mutators like rapid fire.

Kupfer

I can only imagine what happened:

"Okay guys, our game has nothing to generate publicity and big headlines with, what's the plan?"

"Let's just see which former trainees from bigger studios are flipping burgers right now and poach them for the names."

"So be it"

Last edited:
Top Bottom