• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 IOTI 60 Brains Per Second, 1080 Pea

YgVQ35H.jpg

Snazzy banner, no?

Welcome, friends, family and opponents, to another glorious Elzar thread.

#AllHailElzar #AllHailPenisMan

Garden Warfare 2 is the sequel to (whisper it as not to offend the sensitive pls) the best new IP shooter this gen (Titanfall who?), made by the people best known for Bejeweled and nothing of note since then.

But all that changed during the sweet sweet summer of February 25th 2014, when they released what would go down as the most inspirational game of the decade, that's if you paid uncle bill money for an Xbox One? or already had an Xbox 360 at the time (80 million and counting baybeeeee!).

But anyway, that's all in the past, irrelevant like Ody's personality (oooooh), let's get down to business, zombie killing business if you will.

DHKZkjB.jpg

Release date: 23rd of February 2016.

Platforms: Released simultaneously on the XB1, PS4 and PC.

Price: $59.99

Size: 19Gb

PC minimum specs:

OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
CPU: Intel i5 650, AMD Phenom X4 9850
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, AMD Radeon HD 7730
RAM: 4 GB

Editions: Only two editions, normal and deluxe.

Deluxe Edition includes:

• Exclusive plant class custom accessories pack – full customization set for a plant class character.

• Exclusive zombie class custom accessories pack – full customization set for a zombie class character.

• Mystery character variant pack – guaranteed plant or zombie character variant unlock.

• Coins Starter Pack – get an instant pack of in-game Coins to spend on accessories and more

Pre order bonus: Get early access to Z7 Mech and a Emoji pack consisting of 14 emoji style (why is emoji a word?) style accessories.

4bc113ad-c383-4082-905f-0486a3167a6a_zpsfdut1jyy.jpg

Number of players?:The game supports up to 24 players online, 4 player co-op, and 2 player splitscreen.

Can I play all the modes in split screen this time?: Why yes, Jimmy, yes you can. Unlike the first one all the modes are available to split screen players, with the opponents being bots.

Is this always online?: Okay, this is gonna be a deal breaker for some, so I'm mentioning it, to play any of the modes, whether it be campaign, solo, custom and split screen, you will need be always connected to the GW2 servers.

I heard you can transfer GW1 characters into GW2? Was I lied to?!: Settle down! no you weren't, every character you have previously unlocked minus the licensed ones. The ability to transfer is done via the mailbox, found to the right of your character when you spawn into the Backyard Battleground.

I have played many many hours of GW1, what's in GW2 for me? Waaaa waaaaa: You entitled whiny bitch:

plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-2-rewards.jpg

Note, you have until 2017 to attain the glorious unicorn chomper.

Whats changed from the beta?: On the whole a lot of balancing has been done, the game is now significantly slower and such plays far more better, the list of all post beta changes can be found here, inb4RoseIsOP.

Resolutions: What is this, 2013?
PS4 - 1080, XB1 - 900

FPS: The game runs at 60fps, the performance is significantly better than the beta, though, there are frame drops when everything gets CRAAAAAZZZZY!

JQno6OC.jpg

The game has no traditional menu, instead the Bejeweled developers created something bigger, badder, more impractical....introducing the back yard battleground! A massive hub world where you can join, setup MP games, customise your character, a get yourself in all kinds of shennani-goats etc.

650_1200.jpg

Lets take a look at what you'll be looking at when crazy dave drops you off, yes, you!

xosvxbr.jpg

The middle of backyard battleground features the flag of power mode, an instant horde mode, for up to 4 players to partake in. The game ends whens when the opponents, either zombies or plants manage to take your flag.

Other features of Backyard Battleground:

Campaign missions
NPC missions
Stats book
Bobble head collection and character prestige area
Secrets and gnomes
Mailbox, where you can transfer your GW1 characters over
Options such as setting up a custom game in either the horde mode or competitive games
Split screen set up
Sticker shop
Customisation booth for characters
Target range
More S E C R E T S !

Lastly the quest board, where you can take MP, SOLO, or a mix, meaning the challenge can be done in either PvE or PvP modes, but lets take a closer look shall we?

myp0QQG.png

Every time you finish a quest you progress a pin towards an xp multiplier, eventually, you can be earning double xp. The double xp is permanent provided you log in each day to play, otherwise you start losing a pin (0.25 xp multiplier), for every day that you do not log in.

For each quest completed you will either earn, cash and xp, or stars and xp, stars are used to open chests Zelda style, or grant clearance to passages SM64 style.

The sticker shop

The sticker shop is an integral part of unlocking items, consumable, accessories, characters and character parts can be obtained via spending coins earned in game on the various sticker packs.

Fun story, I was gonna elaborate on the stickers themselves, but Caayn did it last night, thanks buddy:

Stickers can fall into different categories.

1. Character parts, though you have to collect every character part to complete the character and thus unlock him
2. Character customization parts. These ones can be used to customize characters, these parts are character specific. So sunglasses for the sunflower for example can't be equipped on the peashooter.
3. Turrets. These come in the form of plants that can be planted in pots which will help you during battle or zombies which can be placed in mechanical pots like thingies. These can help you by healing you if you're close by or shooting enemies for example. There are many different types.
4. Summon characters. These are your more generic plants/zombies that you'll come across which can't be controlled by players. In certain modes these can be spawned in specified locations.
5. Misc. Such as retries and revives. Which can be used to instantly be revived or retry a round in garden- graveyard-ops.

Adding to:
6: Weapon skins, for each variant can be obtained via sticker packs.

Sticker packs cost from 2.5k coins to 75k for a phenomenal character pack

TbOw7P4.png

Remember these guys?

LdCxMkGAi6IP2hdFzPa8r1OAFlZ6yImsWv4-54OXZmdu9OHsk8NdQNEG0y_GXRnRL5Y66AqmYRQuD8TDCj9NXxzm6g=w426-h240-n

Well they're old news, welcome to the new generation my friends...or are they?

Joining the old cast, are some new variants in the GW1 classes, as well 6 new classes, bringing the total to 14 classes and over 100 new variants.

The abilities of each new character can be found here.

How do I upgrade my characters: Upgrading characters is a lot different this time, instead of unlocking them via sticker packs, you now get upgrades as you level up your character, there are 10 upgrades available for each variant.

How do I prestige my character, and what does it do?:

You can level up your character once you reach level 10 with it, go to the bobble head part of backyard battleground, behind the quest board and initiate the promotion on the bobble head of your choice.

Once prestiged, your character gets a unique in game name and plaque on the gravestone, you can prestige each character 5 times.

qiYrlv2m.jpg

i5rKuyh.jpg

There is 12 all brand new maps in the game, the split is 4 for Turf Takeover, and 8 for the smaller modes in the game. All 12 maps are available for garden ops however.

Me44NAz.jpg

These maps can be soiled by your antics on the followings modes:

Welcome Mat - Get your bearings here, you wuss.
Team Vanquish - TDM without the industry standard killstreaks.
Vanquish Confirmed - TDM, but with orbs that need to be 'confirmed'.
Gnome Bomb - Bomb, 3 plant sites, first to 3, not made by valve.
Turf Takeover - A mix of gardens and graveyards and herbal assault (where the plants attack, and zombies defend).
Suburbination - Like conquest, but smaller, probably because of the budget.
Mix mode - Cant decide what to play? Popcap's got your undecided ass covered.

Custom Games

GW2 features a wealth of options for custom game, wanna play against just cactus'? or imps? or what about just fire and ice characters? well, Mr. Weirdo, you can!

As well as the opponents you customise, so shall you have the power to customise the map settings, with the following options:

FqOLNIy.png

ok7gE79.jpg

Launch Trailer

Solo Play Options

All Maps Trailer

Backyard Battleground Trailer

Announce Trailer

FIN

I hope you enjoyed this OT, because I certainly had no fun making it, Now, I must go, Bejeweled wont go play itself now will it?

But(t) here, have these parting gifts to spread among friends and families on social media.

tt11116542fltt.gif
tt11116544fltt.gif
tt11116545fltt.gif

Mikey Jr.

Anyone who didn't like the beta but now like the full game?

Really didn't like the beta. Not sure if I'll like this game. Loved the original.

The random card-based progression/unlocks ultimately turned me off to the first game (I must have spent at least 30 hours in it and unlocked maybe two full character variants) and I fear it'll keep me away from this one entirely, even though I did quite enjoy my time with the first up to the point where I fell off.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is the unlock transferring locked down to platform? I played the first on PC but were I to ever pick up 2 it'd likely be on PS4 or the 'Bone.

Yaari

Really didn't like the beta. Not sure if I'll like this game. Loved the original.
I didn't like the beta and am having a blast with the full game now.

Rose is really BS lol. I got some Druid Rose, and I can just hold the shoot button and jump, it racks up kills.

There's a few of us. Me included.

The slower pace has drastically changed the game now, very much GW1 but more.

woodland

Debating whether or not to get this or get 313 on the original first ;\ 313 would be a hell of a job though, since I'm 50-something on the original. However, I'd be able to let the price go down on this and let some balance changes (hopefully) get patched in too.

I love the first game, but I think there's a ton of problems with the new characters and don't think I want to get it in that state.

Nice OP.
Will pick it up this summer at half price, only have 30 hours in the first one and I still enjoy booting it up once in a while, beta was really disappointing for me. I only care about TDM really.

Kas

I wasn't too fond of the beta, but after hearing about balance changes, I'm definitely getting it this week.

Is there any info about the super rare characters like the Crunch Scientist?

Nori Chan

ot sucks just like the op

But I'm loving the game so far. It's so much better, but the rose is so op

Wish I could've gotten the unicorn chomper though :(

MMaRsu

Banned
I really want this game but did they really drop 2 player online splitscreen?

Also OP should add it launches on the 25th in Yurop :(

bombshell

The random card-based progression/unlocks ultimately turned me off to the first game (I must have spent at least 30 hours in it and unlocked maybe two full character variants) and I fear it'll keep me away from this one entirely, even though I did quite enjoy my time with the first up to the point where I fell off.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is the unlock transferring locked down to platform? I played the first on PC but were I to ever pick up 2 it'd likely be on PS4 or the 'Bone.

I know from the beta that you can buy a character pack for, I think, 75k credits which gives you a guaranteed full character variant. The 75k credits was easy in the beta to come by if you focused on completing the quests.

And yes, character transfer is only available on the same platform that you played GW1. <--- ignore

I really want this game but did they really drop 2 player online splitscreen?

What do you mean by drop?

The random nature of the unlocks was annoying, but there was a pack that guaranteed a new character variant. It was the most expensive pack at 40,000 coins, but it never took more than a few games to get that much.

Lucifon

I'm hooked and completely sold thanks to the EA access trial. Really didn't enjoy the beta at all, but they've slowed it down and it feels like GW1 just with more stuff. I've less than 1hr left :( this week will be a long one (UK release is thurs).

I have a few questions though -

- Hero showcase: can you unlock those classes with coins? Swear I read that... Or did it mean the 75k pack combined with luck?

- XP bonus from quests : any idea how long it takes for this to reduce back to 1? I came back this morning and my xp bonus was where I left it last night.

I have several hundreds hours in the first game as well as being 313 on the Xbox One version.

I prestiged twice in the Beta with a K/D ratio of 5, so I have a better understanding of the metagame than most players.

The beta was nearly perfect and then they took all the terrible feedback from people that were playing the game wrong (Yes, there is such a thing in objective based game modes) and ruined the nearly perfect metagame.

In the beta, there was a well thought out, balanced counter for every class/game mode, but since people decided to disregard the strengths of each class instead of trying them out long enough to learn them, they complained that everything was OP when nothing was OP, people were simply trying to take on classes with the wrong characters, characters that happened to be very weak against the ones they were facing off against which gave the incorrect impression that things were OP when they weren't.

If class A is weak against class B and you always play as class A and the enemy always plays as class B, how can you expect to ever get a leg up without switching to a more effective class?

Cynn

It's completely platform agnostic! I played the first game on both Xbox One and PS4 and when I did my import it found EVERYONE I'd gotten between both platforms. For example I only had the radioactive Pea on PS4 but he popped into my X1 GW2 right along side characters I only had on X1.

Pop Cap can't be praised enough for this!

bombshell

It's completely platform agnostic! I played the first game on both Xbox One and PS4 and when I did my import it found EVERYONE I'd gotten between both platforms. For example I only had the radioactive Pea on PS4 but he popped into my X1 GW2 right along side characters I only had on X1.

That's amazing! Sorry about posting the opposite further up.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Now that is nice. More developers should do this.

Ooooh excellent!

statham

but how does it know your PSN account name?

Will wait for Digital Farmery to confirm the number of Peas.

First game was fun. Will wait to get this on a discount though. Not enough money for all these up coming games.

Excellent title change, and day 1 for this game! My whole family still plays the original, and after playing the beta I am stoked to kill some plants and or zombies!

Cynn

but how does it know your PSN account name?
I'm guessing it's looking at your linked EA Account. That's the only way I know it could do it.

Edit: JUST to make sure I'm not an idiot I double checked my games again and my "Toxic Pea" only appears in the PS4 version of GW and not the Xbox One version for me. Yet he was imported into my Xbone GW2. (with other cross platform guys)

So perhaps it needs added to the OP that linking your PSN and XBL accounts at EA will do this for everyone. You can import multiple times so if anyone missed it the first time they can get in on it now.

Top Bottom