• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 IOTI 60 Brains Per Second, 1080 Pea

Falchion

The whole hub world instead of a menu is kind of cool. It would either be awesome or very tiring if things are too spread out.

JonnyKong

What the hell, I don't know if my game glitched or what, but I'm finding just the third mission as the zombies freaking impossible. I have to locate the scroll. Everytime I get near it an alarm starts going off and then bigger and bigger boss characters come out and it's just freaking impossible to take them all down. I had four huge guys walking around at one point. And the worst part is, I can't even find a way to quit the freaking mission. And the game doesn't stop when you pause it arghhhh

minx

The scientist does have a healing station. This helps alot.

Yeah the scientist is awesome with heal station and heal bomb. Chemist an tear through teams not paying attention.

Popcap return Rose to beta tracking and damage please and thank you.

JonnyKong

Well would you look at that, just tried the mission again and it was perfectly fine! God knows what happened the first time.

SiDCrAzY

qysnMU7.gif

DJ_Lae

Played about five hours of the trial and immediately paid for the full game - it's great. Singleplayer seems a bit grindy, but sometimes I just like to unwind while playing podcasts and the little 'kill X' missions seem like they'd be good candidates for noodling around in their adorable little overworld.

Splitscreen is the only question I have, as it won't be working until launch (if it works in the trial at all), but my daughter has amused herself enough just with solo ops so far. Looking forward to playing with her, though.

JMizzlin

My OT suggestion was 60 Grains per second, 1080 Pea! Hm.

Excited to play this! GW1 was a fantastic game at a time when not much was out. Hopefully this can live up to those early days.

Syriel

Op says single player is still online but reviews mention playing offline modes, so which is it?

SP is like playing a solo game of Diablo on Battle.net. You're technically playing solo, but you're still online because all of the loot is managed server side.

Yaari

Already put a lot of hours in, really fun game.
Wonder what packs I should be buying though. The 75k ones are nice, being guaranteed a new outfit. Kind of wants different abilities though.

Did Garden Warfare 1 maintain an active community? Tempted to pick this up but I'm wondering if it's the kind of game that could be dead in a few months.

I want this game and really enjoyed the first but don't want to pay $51(GCU) for it damn it. I'd be totally on board for $40 and was really hoping for a $10 cert but alas. GRRRRRRR

minx

Great video showcasing how OP Rose is. This player barely even uses the abilities which are one of the things that makes her very difficult to kill considerding two abilities essentially render the enemy worthless being a goat or stuck in place. Then the "I need to get the fuck outa here" Arcane Enigma. She is supposed to be a support character but is instead a killing machine who barely has to aim.

https://youtu.be/7MzLDJiPDpA

Lucifon

I want this game and really enjoyed the first but don't want to pay $51(GCU) for it damn it. I'd be totally on board for $40 and was really hoping for a $10 cert but alas. GRRRRRRR

Russian Xbox store pricing + EA access discount made it a steal. I paid £26 ish for the deluxe edition. Can't wait for launch after maxing my EA Access trial.

Several times the content of Battlefront....

This. Although it's not that Battlefront is exactly a benchmark. There's a tonne of stuff in this though. Literally thousands of unlockables. It's much much more fleshed out than GW1.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's completely platform agnostic! I played the first game on both Xbox One and PS4 and when I did my import it found EVERYONE I'd gotten between both platforms. For example I only had the radioactive Pea on PS4 but he popped into my X1 GW2 right along side characters I only had on X1.

Pop Cap can't be praised enough for this!
giphy.gif

Great video showcasing how OP Rose is. This player barely even uses the abilities which are one of the things that makes her very difficult to kill considerding two abilities essentially render the enemy worthless being a goat or stuck in place. Then the "I need to get the fuck outa here" Arcane Enigma. She is supposed to be a support character but is instead a killing machine who barely has to aim.

https://youtu.be/7MzLDJiPDpA
I might switch. I just discovered Chomper. Lol

SZips

I'd like to pick this up some day. Kind of hard to swallow the $60 price right now when I really only have enough in PSN funbux to pre-order Uncharted 4 and I was eyeing up the new Ratchet & Clank.

I absolutely loved the first Garden Warfare though. =/

I may be stupid, but how do you close the game down without pressing the xbox home button and closing the app? I cant see a log off option in the menu.

Audioboxer

Digital prices on UK PSN store are a riot so I'll have to pick up a physical copy.

I'll be playing it nonstop anyway. Got the plat in the first and loved it.

JonnyKong

This game is bonkers and hilarious online.

I do feel like the flowers have the advantage though. It's very rare I see a zombie victory.

EhoaVash

After playing splatoon, I can't seem to get into pvsz1 anymore. Movement is too damn slow for me now x.x have they improved this

SiDCrAzY

After playing splatoon, I can't seem to get into pvsz1 anymore. Movement is too damn slow for me now x.x have they improved this

I'm the opposite, bought Splatoon during Christmas and whenever I play it I just feel like I'd rather be playing PvsZ1 instead. In a world without PvzZ1 I think I might have actually enjoyed Splatoon.

VariantX

It's completely platform agnostic! I played the first game on both Xbox One and PS4 and when I did my import it found EVERYONE I'd gotten between both platforms. For example I only had the radioactive Pea on PS4 but he popped into my X1 GW2 right along side characters I only had on X1.

Pop Cap can't be praised enough for this!

This is the shit i've always wanted for the Battlefield games. I bought BF3 on first console, then PC, but I had to spend 40-50 hours on PC unlocking everything again, even the most annoying assignments. If I bought BF4 for PC right now, I'd be forced into an even longer grind than I had with BF3 due to there being far more things to unlock so I never made that purchase.

MrBlonde

Already put a lot of hours in, really fun game.
Wonder what packs I should be buying though. The 75k ones are nice, being guaranteed a new outfit. Kind of wants different abilities though.
I thought u got abilities by ranking up? I was planning on focusing on the 75k packs for a while but if I need the others for upgrades I might have to rethink that

Top Bottom