• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Nexfero

Neo Member
I actually feel the opposite, I prefer plants, but that's not the point.

If the Zombies already have 2 more people and it lets me switch, that means Zombies outnumber plants by 4.

How can that be fun for anybody? Why is this now allowed? When I used to play you could only switch sides if the teams were roughly even, although even then it would allow you to switch while even, which gave +2 advantages.

*EDIT* This evening it's the same thing. Worse, in that people who want to switch to the team with 4 more players but can't get a handful of points and then just basically afk, doing absolutely nothing.

I was just in a game where the game was 12 on 5. Really 12 on 9 but only 5 of the 9 had > 1000 points(above the freebie points), the rest were standing behind boulders doing nothing..

Gardens and Graveyards is a totally ruined mode. And for what? What's the point of unlocking more to play in this environment? Maybe other modes are better.
Perhaps it's not intentional, I prefer zombies and usually switch sides if there's room. Also there are alot of kids playing this game so that might be some explanation too.

thenexus6

Finally got the plat on my first retail PS4 game!

There was a couple I didn't think i'd get such as

10 kill with peashooter turret.. just because its so underpowered and slow to refresh
10 kill with drone corn strike.. same as pea turret
and my god the gnome trophies. Really annoying game mode where no one plays the objective but I got lucky a couple of times either a solid team or literally just 2-3 people in the game.

Overall very good fun, still one of the best on the PS4

Mindlog

Finally got the plat on my first retail PS4 game!

There was a couple I didn't think i'd get such as

10 kill with peashooter turret.. just because its so underpowered and slow to refresh
10 kill with drone corn strike.. same as pea turret
and my god the gnome trophies. Really annoying game mode where no one plays the objective but I got lucky a couple of times either a solid team or literally just 2-3 people in the game.

Overall very good fun, still one of the best on the PS4
The 10 kills with a pea shooter turret was my hardest as well. I tried it a couple times early and didn't come close. A couple months later it was no problem.

The 10 kills with a drone strike though. That was super easy for me :] Running up vanquish streaks with the engineer/cactus classes is what I do.

vypek

Game needs a radar or minimap bad.

I think it does well without one. You have to actually pay attention more to your enemies and their paths. I've come to enjoy surprising players as they come through doors or hallways

EDIT: Thought PS4 would get trophies for the latest DLC but I guess not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDZtT_PTQH4?t=1m35s

This game makes me laugh when little things like these happend, which is quite often.

LOL. That was freaking incredible. That cactus put in so much effort and it was useless.

Nexfero

Neo Member
I think it does well without one. You have to actually pay attention more to your enemies and their paths. I've come to enjoy surprising players as they come through doors or hallways

EDIT: Thought PS4 would get trophies for the latest DLC but I guess not.

LOL. That was freaking incredible. That cactus put in so much effort and it was useless.

Does the Xbox get new trophies?

I've seen the drone get used like that but not in any useful way like that, it was funny when I saw the cactus actually try to get away like that.

nampad

Anyone know until when the Happy Halloween packs are available?
Just rebought the game for PS4 and now I have to level up again. Would rather buy character stickers but some of the halloween customizations are nice like the zombie mask for plants. They offer some camouflage :)

thenexus6

Anyone know until when the Happy Halloween packs are available?
Just rebought the game for PS4 and now I have to level up again. Would rather buy character stickers but some of the halloween customizations are nice like the zombie mask for plants. They offer some camouflage :)

Its weird because i'd get a pack per day, sometimes I would play come back a few hours later and get another pack..but lately I haven't seemed to get any.

nampad

Its weird because i'd get a pack per day, sometimes I would play come back a few hours later and get another pack..but lately I haven't seemed to get any.

Maybe you are confusing them with the trick or treat packs?
Didn't play the game so I don't know what the trick or treat packs were but apparently, the Happy Halloween pack has the same stickers for people who missed the trick or treat packs.

I assume this is where I go on GAF when I want to talk about how much I'm enjoying my free PS4 copy of this?

Yes. Yes it is. I picked it up on release and this promo has been great, new people to play with! :D

If anyone ever wants to play some Garden Ops, my PSN is ScareGoat.

PepperedHam

Yes. Yes it is. I picked it up on release and this promo has been great, new people to play with! :D

If anyone ever wants to play some Garden Ops, my PSN is ScareGoat.
I will add you when I get some free time later tonight. Or if you beat me to the punch my PSN is LordHoag.

That goes for anyone here, feel free to add me. I'm loving this game so far and would like some people to play with.

Vashetti

Banned
EA giving this away on the PS4 recently was such a great gesture.

I'm in love with the game all over again because I don't need to put the disc in, so convenient just having it right there on the HDD at all times.

Mindlog

It's a great game. Deserves much more GotY consideration than I believe it will get.
Everyone that worked on it should feel proud about what they produced.

Just played a couple of games, no problem for me (PS4).

Edit: Thanks for letting me know your end is fine. :)

I still can't get on. Pretty much sucks. I've tried everything I could think of. Deleting and reinstalling the game, restarting my router. Open ports, putting ps4 in DMZ. My NAT is definitely open.

I keep getting these error messages:

"Unable connect to EA Servers."
"Failed to retrieve save data!"
"Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection and try again later."

Guess I'll just wait it out. I really don't think it's my end because all my other games work perfectly online.

Psyae

Hi everyone! Me and a group of friends are going to be playing today (Sunday, May 10) at 5pm Eastern and try to get the trophy for doing Garden Ops on crazy difficulty. We're going to need one more to join our party! Feel free to send me a PM here if you're interested!

PS4 btw

SiDCrAzY

Finally completed my stickerbook, now I just need to get to level 313 and get the Garden Ops Crazy trophy(losing hope on this one).

SiDCrAzY

I got my Garden OPS Crazy trophy and with that the Platinum is mine. My first ever platinum :D

Sorry for the triple post, I realize this thread is pretty dead, just had to post something.

I got my Garden OPS Crazy trophy and with that the Platinum is mine. My first ever platinum :D

Sorry for the triple post, I realize this thread is pretty dead, just had to post something.

Congrats dude, I really need to get back to playing this. Destiny has stolen all my gaming time lately

Nola

I will add you when I get some free time later tonight. Or if you beat me to the punch my PSN is LordHoag.

That goes for anyone here, feel free to add me. I'm loving this game so far and would like some people to play with.

Are y'all still playing this??? I'm obsessed and still play it a lot on PS4. I'm NolaDaControlla if you (or anyone else) want to play sometime. :)

Top Bottom