• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q3 Rapup 2015: It's Finally Out, What a Time to be Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Alright, that wdng crshrs album has some bangers. QM still sounds weird on the mic sometimes, but this is surprisingly good overall.

HiResDes

Alright, that wdng crshrs album has some bangers. QM still sounds weird on the mic sometimes, but this is surprisingly good overall.
I think he only sounds weird because you aren't used to his flow and cadence. Although he sounds really nonchalant he has some pretty unique and complex rhyme structures in his verses and employs the use of space and hesitates in really uncanny ways. I think the more people Quentin the more they'll appreciate him as an emcee.

Also I gotta say the Screaming Dreams Prelude is fire enough on its own to be in the top ten, but since it's basically just a teaser tape I decided to wait until it drops in full to reward it:

see5harp

I dislike nearly every song that Big Boi does with Phantogram. An EP and liveshow that would have been 10x better would have been a project with Little Dragon.

HiResDes

It's entirely too busy for me, and I don't think they compliment each other well at all. Let Phantogram be Phantogram and Big Boi needs to stop trying to be an indie/Pitchfork darling and get back to the streets, if he even knows the streets anymore.

It's entirely too busy for me, and I don't think they compliment each other well at all. Let Phantogram be Phantogram and Big Boi needs to stop trying to be an indie/Pitchfork darling and get back to the streets, if he even knows the streets anymore.
Yeah he's heading in the complete wrong direction and I kind of like that EP they dropped.

see5harp

I don't even dislike the beats and production. Phantogram does good stuff on their own. I just don't think they mesh well with his style at all. He sounds like a old ass man trying to be hip again. All he needs for a live show is a good band who can hold a groove. Little Dragon is honestly one of the better bands I saw live last year. I was shocked since I don't even love most of the stuff they put out.

HiResDes

can you put the artist's name and album title >_>

who the fuck are half these people neways
The album covers are links and sorry they're not all signed to Aftermath. There's like up to three different links on each post that will reveal information about the artists...If a description or cover interests the least you can do is press a link.

PlayDat

No problem mane where you been at, I need some new dark Memphis shit to listen to soon.

Ay! Didn't think anyone would've noticed my absence. It's been a whirlwind of a year. Was busy interning over the summer. Started my final year of college in August. I'm actually studying abroad in Asia right now and classes are killing me. I need to get my grades up so I've been laying low.

This came out in 2014, but I don't remember anyone posting it in Gaf-Hop.

Kari Faux - Laugh Now, Die Later

Nice poppy little EP. Some catchy tunes in here.

HiResDes

Ay! Didn't think anyone would've noticed my absence. It's been a whirlwind of a year. Was busy interning over the summer. Started my final year of college in August. I'm actually studying abroad in Asia right now and classes are killing me. I need to get my grades up so I've been laying low.

This came out in 2014, but I don't remember anyone posting it in Gaf-Hop.

Kari Faux - Laugh Now, Die Later

Nice poppy little EP. Some catchy tunes in here.
Yo finally had a chance to check this out, this shit is hella catchy, love how nonchalant she sounds on the mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom