• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Qatar accused of paying hundreds of actors for World Cup fans

It's amazing how well dressed and brand new all those shirts/merchandising on fans are. I can tell you from Melbourne, Australia and sports events regularly in the 50,000-100,000 attendees that no crowd ever looks so manufactured and uniform. Real fans have all sorts of memorabilia and years of the club jerseys or hats etc. Fans over time create a diverse wardrobe in the crowd within even the same team. None of that is present in these staging events at all, not even a faded club shirt.

Footage of USA fans arriving

giphy.gif

Fuck Qatar, fuck Fifa and fuck this World Cup.

Part of the fun of a World Cup is traveling to a different country, getting drunk with your mates, being loud and trying to hook up with the local talent. And those things are banned in Qatar.
Not even the travel part seems to be working well. They have too little hotel capacity there. Pretty much a World Cup for the ultra rich that can afford paying for a private apartment or travel every day to a nearby country like Iran.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
My main fucking problem right now is human right activist trying to force their goddamn view and ideas on everyone and everywhere, when in fact that in itself is contradictory and simply stupid.

Respect other cultures and dont force yours on others end of fucking story.
I think they are boycotting because of slave labor and the deaths of 2600 workers. Human rights issues?! That isn't 'views' or 'ideas' that is just what is right (unless you are ok with that)

Last edited:

Blade2.0

I'm one of the people who knew that Qatar bought this world cup it was not given.

I worked in qatar for 10 years, and let me say this, there is a lot of gays in qatar, not openly but they are there and if you think the government doesnt know, you would be wrong. Drunken people in open beach partys and after partys and coming out from clubbing in one of the hotels drunk has always been fine in qatar.

My main fucking problem right now is human right activist trying to force their goddamn view and ideas on everyone and everywhere, when in fact that in itself is contradictory and simply stupid.

lol, nah. we don't have to respect cultures that actively kill workers and others for football or any reason for that matter (and before you say I'm a hypocrite, I don't respect my own country's culture for the same reason).

Alebrije

Money plus Corruption....the old formula that never expires.

The sad about this WC is that a lot if people will travel no matter how obscure has been this event.

Really hope it fails.

Cyberpunkd

Do we have a list of world leaders that decided to go and participate in this sham of an event? Curious to see if any Western nation had a lapse of judgement.

No love for french fans? Come on Qatar...
Please don't, France wants nothing to do with this even if the captain is an idiot:

Last edited:
I'm one of the people who knew that Qatar bought this world cup it was not given.

I worked in qatar for 10 years, and let me say this, there is a lot of gays in qatar, not openly but they are there and if you think the government doesnt know, you would be wrong. Drunken people in open beach partys and after partys and coming out from clubbing in one of the hotels drunk has always been fine in qatar.

Piss off clown

Respect cultures don't make us laugh

Qatar culture is:
State sponsored terrorist.
Safe havean for terrorists.
Mass employment of slave labour
Appalling treatment of humans thats led to deaths of thousands of workers.
State sponsored murder of foreign nationals
Women being second class citizens

It's a little tin pot shit hole in the desert that if it didn't have any oil would be more useless than out of date potato 🥔.

It doesn't deserve the world cup and deserves all the shit it's getting.

Piss off clown

Qatar culture is:

It's a little tin pot shit hole in the desert that if it didn't have any oil would be more useless than out of date potato 🥔.

Also this gem:
Australian Women Sue Qatar Over Forced Airport Vaginal Exams
Performed at gunpoint ^^^

How anyone can support or watch this fucking tournament is beyond me.

Last edited:
Do we have a list of world leaders that decided to go and participate in this sham of an event? Curious to see if any Western nation had a lapse of judgement.

Please don't, France wants nothing to do with this even if the captain is an idiot:

Well I read your president lobbied pretty hard for this world cup in qatar and after it was given to qatar they suddenly bought a shitton of fighter jets from france. He is now even saying to leave the politics out of the football. Convenient.

Coming from mister corruption himself, so take with a grain of salt:

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Well I read your president lobbied pretty hard for this world cup in qatar and after it was given to qatar they suddenly bought a shitton of fighter jets from france. He is now even saying to leave the politics out of the football. Convenient.
Yeah, I read that. Not to get too much into politics but the way the scene is set in France is rather flawed - if the far right-wing politician finds himself/herself in the second round of the presidential race they will have everyone from left and centre arguing to vote against them. That is how Macron has won first and second terms.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Why should I respect a homophobic, misogynist, terrorist supporting state?! Respect is earned, and Qatar will need to drag themselves into the 21st century if they want my respect.

These places like Qatar that still live in the past should be shunned from the rest of the world.

Saiyu

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qatar-world-cup-lgbt-laws-28485483.amp

"When you're a clown, nobody takes you seerious-llyyy"

Facism

Piss off clown

Qatar culture is:

Proper Bo post

Top Bottom