• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Champions - Large Scale Tech Test on 05/11 - 05/22 + NDA drops & Sacrifice mode

Tokubetsu

Art style is great too? Particularly the maps. I love how they're leaning more towards Quake 1 in terms of setting. Blood pools and cthuluesque statues \m/

The Flash

Banned
Alright time to give Mr. BJ "Terror-Billy" Blazkowicz a try.

Stoked that he's in the game. Hopefully Doomguy will be too. Maybe he's ability can be glory kills or something.

Skyzard

Banned
Who knew Quake would still be the best all those years on.

I really recommend unlocking the framerate in-game and locking with RTSS to get at least 100fps constantly, even if your monitor doesn't support past 60fps. Your mouse will thank you. Such a fluid game. Don't remember my reflexes being like this since cs 1.5 days

Wish they'd put more money behind a UT4.

commissar

Art style is great too? Particularly the maps. I love how they're leaning more towards Quake 1 in terms of setting. Blood pools and cthuluesque statues m/
Yeah the maps are nice, its the champions and cosmetics I largely dislike :/

Would like to see less...expected characters. Fewer humans tbh. They kinda go there with Scalebearer but then he's also just a dude. But mainly I'm mad that Ranger is a baby-faced space uncle now. All the edges are shaved off and the ppl are just kinda bland and exactly as they seem on the surface. Would have hoped for the cosmetics to tell more of a story than 'hey i'm a punk', cause we got that idea with the base character.

It's a small thing for sure, but definitely less characterful than I had hoped, given the precedents of TF2 and Overwatch.

Probably conflating gfx and art style.

I reckon the gfx are good, artstyle however is...well...I can put up with it for the gameplay.

The art style is great too, they stuck with the quake look.

Who knew Quake would still be the best all those years on.

I really recommend unlocking the framerate in-game and locking with RTSS to get at least 100fps constantly, even if your monitor doesn't support past 60fps. Your mouse will thank you. Such a fluid game. Don't remember my reflexes being like this since cs 1.5 days

Wish they'd put more money behind a UT4.

whats wrong with the new ut? it seems fine.

Top Bottom