• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break appears on Steam's Top Sellers list at #3

Daingurse

Love this. Game deserves every sale, fantastic title.

In spite of all the issues surrounding the Windows Store release, I think it's honestly my favorite title of the year so far. For whatever reason, nothing else has really been able to grab and hold my attention the way Quantum Break did. The story and visuals really pulled me in. The actual gameplay with it's emphasis on mobility, tight gunplay, and time manipulation powers is tons of fun. I keep coming back to the game to simply drink in the graphics, and replay combat scenarios.

Apathy

Then call it Content Delivery Platform, Storefront, whatever you want.

Steam needs competition, not competitors giving up.

And they have competition with services that offer something steam doesn't and that people want. Competition is all well and good but at the end of the day it's the consumer that decides. Consumers decided they didn't like the windows store. That's the while point of competition.

bigjig

Am I missing something here? Debuting at no 3 for a high budget AAA game at a budget price really isn't that good, especially with a lack of other high profile releases this week. It really needs to sit at no 1 for at least a week or more to have notable sales.

It must have sold hundreds already!

Am I missing something here? Debuting at no 3 for a high budget AAA game at a budget price really isn't that good, especially with a lack of other high profile releases this week. It really needs to sit at no 1 for at least a week or more to have notable sales.
You're not missing anything. It doesn't really take a large number of sales to momentarily break into the Steam top 5 on a sleepy weekday, if it stays there then we can talk about how well it's doing. I suspect it will end up doing fine though.

Zedox

In spite of all the issues surrounding the Windows Store release, I think it's honestly my favorite title of the year so far. For whatever reason, nothing else has really been able to grab and hold my attention the way Quantum Break did. The story and visuals really pulled me in. The actual gameplay with it's emphasis on mobility, tight gunplay, and time manipulation powers is tons of fun. I keep coming back to the game to simply drink in the graphics, and replay combat scenarios.

All the game needed was a Horde like mode and it would've been a godsend.

Apathy said:
And they have competition with services that offer something steam doesn't and that people want. Competition is all well and good but at the end of the day it's the consumer that decides. Consumers decided they didn't like the windows store. That's the while point of competition.

So MS should just quit now because consumers didn't choose it right now. Hmm, I guess that they should have done the same with Surface, oh wait. Sometimes things don't happen the way that you want. Iterate and improve, that's software development. Consumers don't have to buy now, but they can keep trying until it works. Just sayin.

Sydle

I cannot wait to see impressions from all these new folks. The narrative that its commercial failure should be blamed on the Xbox console or Windows Store will come to a grinding halt.

Jinaar

1080 GTX solid 70-80 FPS at 2560 x 1440 - Best settings across the board but Textures are set from Ultra to High.

coughlanio

I cannot wait to see impressions from all these new folks. The narrative that its commercial failure should be blamed on the Xbox console or Windows Store will come to a grinding halt.

Will the thing is, the zeitgeist is gone, the marketing push is done. If you're not available on Steam day one, then it's going to be an uphill battle for you later on.

Blam

What are you talking about? Windows Store is this "Steam competitor".

Actually Windows Store + Xbox App = Steam competitor. Windows Store itself won't change to be like Steam, you just get your apps from there. It's literally just a storefront. The Xbox App has all of the social features that Steam also has. It is smart for MS to have them separate as their store is not only meant for games.

I don't know where that user found information on "Microsoft's Steam competitor", MS doesn't have a 1:1 with it. It just has a Storefront, to me Steam is much more than a storefront. The Xbox App is more Steam like than the Windows Store. Yes, Microsoft still needs to fix things with the Store on PC (preloading, downloads being saved in progress, download speed are the biggest ones I see).

Anyways, I'm just happy more people are buying Quantum Break, it's still my favorite game this year (until Gears 4, and Titanfall 2, gotta see about those first). I want a damn sequel. I need to see the end of time and I need to find out about Jack/Beth (granted I have the most logical explanation of a "how"). It's also not surprising that it's selling better at Steam than Windows Store. #shrug

He probably listened to some of the things Phil Spencer was saying about how super important PC gaming is, then took a look at the Storefront they actually have and thought to himself "well they're obviously not talking about that..."

Have you, uh, actually used Origin recently? As in, since their big overhaul?

I'm looking for the article right now where I read that. It was a while back so I'd have to go digging, but someone from Microsoft said that there was a client being made.

LordRaptor

I'm looking for the article right now where I read that. It was a while back so I'd have to go digging, but someone from Microsoft said that there was a client being made.

There's an Xbox app, but its pretty unlikely anybody not paid money to by MS would ever put their games on a client based storefront while they're still trying to make fetch a thing pushing UWA.

Blam

There's an Xbox app, but its pretty unlikely anybody not paid money to by MS would ever put their games on a client based storefront while they're still trying to make fetch a thing pushing UWA.

I'm giving up. It's gonna take way too long to find this article.

vewn

The game lets me chose between the upscaling method which causes artifacts in motion, switching it off tanks my framerate.

Is there a way to have both 60fps and a not blurry game? Everything on HIGH at the moment on an oc'd GTX 980.

Weird omission. Figure that mode from American Nightmare would carry over.

One of my biggest WUTs with the game to be honest. Prefect opportunity to give players to hone their time powers, and it just ... wasn't there. Doesn't look like QB will get any DLC either, so *sigh*.

4jjiyoon

The game lets me chose between the upscaling method which causes artifacts in motion, switching it off tanks my framerate.

Is there a way to have both 60fps and a not blurry game? Everything on HIGH at the moment on an oc'd GTX 980.

turn off upscaling and put everything on low or medium?

Gestault

This may be a dumb question, but an i7 6700 (3.4 ghz) with 16 gigs of ram and a standard GTX1070 is considered pretty high-end, right?

Zedox

One of my biggest WUTs with the game to be honest. Prefect opportunity to give players to hone their time powers, and it just ... wasn't there. Doesn't look like QB will get any DLC either, so *sigh*.

And it's such a good game. Sad MS/Remedy missed the opportunity for that. Shit, give me the tools and I'll make it myself, fuckin a.

derFeef

Good for them! They also posted this on Facebook ;)

Also people just love to hate on specific products and can't stand if they sell well? Even with evidence? Why?

Top Bottom