• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick link to cancel your Star Wars Battlefront 2 Preorder - Vote with your wallet!

You guys are entitled motherfuckers.

You're going to bomb this game because the company is bringing in extra revenue from extra revenue sources? This is an opportunity to make millions for this publisher and to possibly keep this developer afloat for years. How bout not buy any loot crates? With all the gaming companies and developers closing shop and with AAA gaming dying before your eyes, why not allow companies to generate cash flow? You guys are going to destroy years of hard dedicated work from individuals who's effort could've been put into something else, I think this shit is insane on your guys end.

The shit you can buy in the game is performance enhancing in a multiplayer heavy game. I don't know what else to tell you, it's straight up pay 2 win bullshit so progression means fuck-all. There are other ways of making money through microtransactions; this is just a trashy shortcut and (most) everyone knows it. It's EA's fault for being completely oblivious to the current gaming climate. It's a quick cash grab and nothing more and gamers aren't to blame for hating that.

This game should bomb to be a lesson towards publishers. Developers still get paid as long as they have a job, they may have shares in the company but the vast majority of profit goes to the executives. Let the damn thing burn.

Nategc20

Banned
The shit you can buy in the game is performance enhancing in a multiplayer heavy game. I don't know what else to tell you, it's straight up pay 2 win bullshit so progression means fuck-all. There are other ways of making money through microtransactions; this is just a trashy shortcut and (most) everyone knows it. It's EA's fault for being completely oblivious to the current gaming climate. It's a quick cash grab and nothing more and gamers aren't to blame for hating that.
People would be happy to shill out 20 bucks extra to not worry about grinding their favorite gun. Fact.

PSlayer

You're going to bomb this game because the company is bringing in extra revenue from extra revenue sources? This is an opportunity to make millions for this publisher and to possibly keep this developer afloat for years. How bout not buy any loot crates? With all the gaming companies and developers closing shop and with AAA gaming dying before your eyes, why not allow companies to generate cash flow? You guys are going to destroy years of hard dedicated work from individuals who's effort could've been put into something else, I think this shit is insane on your guys end.

is this a joke?

the kool-aid is strong with this one. Embraced the Dark Side, he has.

IISANDERII

Lol good one
Glad to see gaf hasn't lost her sense of humour

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

And we owe them nothing. They earn our business. We don't give it. This is exactly how it is supposed to work.

Morbid

Banned

Suckle that corporate shlong you vile shill.

Sounds like you don’t realize that you’re effected by the loot boxes and micro transactions

Oh I'm fully aware of what's in the loot boxes and how little its gonna affect me or how much its gonna cost me which is 0 because its optional. I'm still waiting for proof that I'm gonna lose every gun battle in the game. Or the percentage of people who are truly gonna pay to win. Which is still random. You can't just pay 15 bucks to buy the best gun and character in the game. But if Friday comes and I cant win a single gunfight. I'll be sure to let everyone know. Can't be any worse then cod ww2 where you lose every fight due to laggy servers.

EA isn't entitled to our business. The game is designed to reward those who will throw piles of money at it to gain advantages moreso than through player skill. Fuck if push comes to shove, I'd rather they stuck with the season pass as a lesser of evils instead of this pay to win garbage. It's a shame that something like Titanfall 2 ,which shits all over this game, underwhelmed in sales a year ago when it's a far superior experience that rewards and respects the players time and efforts. Throw your money at that instead of this bullshit.

Top Bottom