• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick question about One-Piece and Naruto (manga)

Status
Not open for further replies.

john tv

Just wondering -- how much of One-Piece and Naruto has been published in book form (graphic novels, as Viz likes to call them) in the US? Last I saw of One-Piece was volume 5, I think; how far are they now? And what about Naruto?

I'm about to make an order from Amazon, so I was looking to catch up. But Viz's site seems to be down so I can't figure out what the latest volumes are.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Rightstuf.com is usually the best way to get a grip on ship dates if the publisher website isn't getting you the info you need.

To elaborate on Mugen's post, Naruto V6 is due out mid-april, while One Piece Volume 7 is due out in July. Viz is justifying the heel-dragging as keeping a steady pace behind Shonen Jump, which apparently is still quite popular here. Personally I think speeding up the release schedule could only help, but I dunno, maybe there is something so intrinsically amazing about a monthly phonebook that will need to be read for a decade before it finishes one of the big series.

bjork

SJ is slowly phasing certain series out of the book in favor of others, then taking the GN to monthly printing...

Like with DBZ, it ran until this past SJ, now it's GN only for all the Buu stuff.

Though, with Naruto expected to be huge, I would imagine they'll milk that one all they can, and if OP does better on Cartoon Network, same for that one also.

But yeah, Naruto 6 is soon, OP 6 is like two weeks old or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom