• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.Mika's Critical Art is censored in the latest build of SF5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaljinyu

As a human male, I liked the booty slap and will miss it. As a grown adult, I understand and its for the best.

My general opinion about topics like these. I'm an unabashed preev and am way into such stuff, but we need to be able to admit when such stuff is such stuff, and understand that some games don't wanna be "that kind of game." Happened with Skullgirls, may or may not be happening with Street Fighter. This was always a work in progress, they probably had other reasons besides "It's too risque" to change it.

Jenenser

this thread is hilarious on so many levels.

its just a buttslap people. (and this goes to both sides.)

i still don't get why its out because it was fitting for the character.
i have more problems with the ending without the split.

My point still applies, if you worked in a professional setting and slapped your ass in front of co workers while smiling at them they'd be pretty weirded out. Where I work you'd be immediately fired for it. But don't take my word for it, give it a shot at work. Next time you're joking around with a co worker make sure to find an opportunity to get up, smile at them, and slap your ass. I'm sure they'll find it totally normal.....

they would laugh, because its stiupid and they probaly know me good enough to get a joke. in what kind of stuck up enviorment do you work where your coworkers can't take a joke?!
(i did much worse already.)

entremet

I thought it was pretty fun. Fits Mika's character, but I'm not worried if it is gone for good. I play these games for their fun head to head competiton, not tittilation.

Sounds good! I previously recommended that we hire some observers to make sure game animators don't turn down the level of lewd at any point after it reaches a peak. Nothing may be toned down or adjusted, ever. Drafts and drawings of anything featuring less than the maximum sexual content must be destroyed, or the internet might get angry. You wouldn't mind someone watching over your shoulder at all times, right?

Yeah that's cool, at least then people would have actual confirmation of the changes at the time the thread is made.

Vex_

Banned
As a human male, I liked the booty slap and will miss it. As a grown adult, I understand and its for the best.

I def respect what you're saying, but I don't agree that it was for the best of anything. It was a bad move if it was censorship. ,(Im doubting it it was now)

I don't agree because it didn't bother anyone before enough. No one talked about it except people like me (but I'm always talking about da booty CUZ I like da booty, and I need da booty). People were more fussed over the outfit. I have a feeling they will find a good middle ground (pull the camera back while leaving everything else the same).

Akibared

Ass is VERY important. You don't know. Man *unf* the things I would do to bae mika, bae Cammy? *ahem*

WOOOT LAWD. I need to stop tonight. In Jesus name.

One of the reasons I got the Cammy Kotobukiya is for that nice toned ass. Maybe they will bless us with a Mika!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
To be fair, that was mostly stupid because Lab Zero is always crying about how they don't have any money but then they go and waste all this time and effort redrawing all these frames of animation for what? For who? Who plays a game like Skullgirls, who's cast is practically all busty women with mini skirts, and was really that messed up about some panty shots? I'm surprised they didn't start an indiegogo for it.
What the...? Classy...

poodaddy

I don't get what the hell you are arguing. The guy said that there is a difference between balls in the face and swinging around and smacking your own ass (as a taunt)...you took it and ran to "WELL ID GET FIRED IF I DID THAT AT MY JOB" like that even matters.

I think you might want to go back and read the rest of the discussion. His contention was that smacking one's ass is somehow not sexual. I was making the point that if it wasn't sexual, and indeed was just perceived as playful, then one could do it in public without cause for concern or even in a professional setting. The fact that smacking one's ass in front of others would get me, (and you too, unless you work in a strip club and even then I think you'd get some looks), fired or looked at like a pervert objectively proves that smacking one's ass is indeed a sexual action, or at least that action will be perceived as such regardless of the intent. This was part of a discussion I was having with a gentleman in which I was explaining why my wife finds R. Mika's outfit and ultra "pervy."
P.S. Calm the hell down, you're being so touchy on the subject that it's embarrassing. Why is it that every time there's a nice civil debate going on in the realm of video games discussion someone like this shows up and just starts typing all caps or getting incredibly unprofessional. Just chill out and debate; or at least try to behave like an adult.

entremet

I have no problem with the zoom in leaving, but Capcom was dumb to show it in trailers and then cut it after.

Again, these companies are terrible at managing fan expectations.

Another disingenuous argument that is also brought up all the time is the implication that there's nothing in-between a burka or over sexualized character design.

S2Hxyjl.png

Would everyone be more down with this if we called it self-censorship by the way?

poodaddy

this thread is hilarious on so many levels.

its just a buttslap people. (and this goes to both sides.)

i still don't get why its out because it was fitting for the character.
i have more problems with the ending without the split.

they would laugh, because its stiupid and they probaly know me good enough to get a joke. in what kind of stuck up enviorment do you work where your coworkers can't take a joke?!
(i did much worse already.)

Government job. Incidentally, I would never work in an environment where employees could behave in that manner, so we're just different minds in a professional sense.
Oh and by the way:
stupid*
probably*
environment*
:)

Kaljinyu

Who plays a game like Skullgirls, who's cast is practically all busty women with mini skirts, and was really that messed up about some panty shots? I'm surprised they didn't start an indiegogo for it.

They said their standards changed or something. Meaning that the kind of game Skullgirls was, a fanservice-and-pantyshots fighter, was the kind of game they didn't want it to be anymore. Even if it means they throw away money they could've gotten if they hadn't changed what kind of game it was.

Maybe they never intended for Skullgirls to be that kind of game, and decided "We need to set the record straight about what kind of game this is."

kurahador

They said their standards changed or something. Meaning that the kind of game Skullgirls was, a fanservice-and-pantyshots fighter, was the kind of game they didn't want it to be anymore. Even if it means they throw away money they could've gotten if they hadn't changed what kind of game it was.

Maybe they never intended for Skullgirls to be that kind of game, and decided "We need to set the record straight about what kind of game this is."

Then it should've been reflected on their next game, not their previous one where people already paid money for it.

It seems now we live in an age where censorship is acceptable just because it caters to our own sensitivity instead of an outright taboo.
For example, I hated the violence in MKX. But I don't agree on censoring it because it is properly rated, doesn't cross a taboo and inline with Mortal Kombat franchise.

Ferrio

Banned
It was easily the coolest and stylish looking CA in the game :(. Whenever you saw that ass get slapped you knew someone was about to get fucked up.

Gartooth

Shame, it was my favorite CA in the game. The double booty slam is still silly, but it has less punch.
Wondering if Cammy's win pose will stay the same...

Exodust

Banned
I usually don't like when stuff like this gets changed but I honestly don't see the problem here. I'm a PAWG lover myself but she's just a videogame character. Her move was silly and the change is fine and makes sense.

Vlaphor

Even if it is officially edited (which would be a shame), I still have two bits of hope to hold on to.
A: The beta is still available on PC (through nefarious means) and that has booty slap (so I could get my fix if need be).
B: I'm getting the game on PC, where I'm confident that mods can and will fix the bootyless issue. If you're getting the game on PS4, condolences.

But seriously Capcom, this makes almost as little sense as the edits in Fatal Frame. For those who are saying that the game hasn't shipped yet, it doesn't matter. We've seen the glory, we expect the glory, we are not going to enjoy having the glory snatched from us.

15strong

People aren't going to be happy if they see the root "censor" anywhere in the word, better off just coining an entirely new term to avoid this mess every single thread.

Complaining that this is censorship dilutes all of the cases in which things are actually censored.

The self-censorship thing doesn't even really fit this case. When a company is trying to get a product to be for a certain audience, a general audience, scaling that content and changing it over the course of a development cycle is not censorship.

Mik317

I don't think the issue is that it was change but rather how poorly it was done. She still smacks her ass, you still hear it, the real issue people had w/ the character is still present.

This solved nothing and is just shoddy work.

Complaining that this is censorship dilutes all of the cases in which things are actually censored.

The self-censorship thing doesn't even really fit this case. When a company is trying to get a product to be for a certain audience, a general audience, scaling that content and changing it over the course of a development cycle is not censorship.

So wait if the state of the media matters then censorship isn't really censorship until something has had an official release? What?

JDSN

Banned
Oh no, now the artists hentai people wont have some reference material so that their fanbase can appreciate wank to this.

So you agree with me - if people make up a new term we can avoid all the constant semantic arguments and start having discussions on the actual topics at hand.

I really don't care if people never use the word "censorship" again if it means we can put an end to this repetitive bickering on a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom