• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radamel Falcao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iJudged

Banned
As a Manchester United diehard, I am ecstatic!

10553766_10152412289552746_7591346700589128891_o.jpg

Manchester United sign Falcao on loan

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Radamel Falcao has joined the club on a one-year loan deal from AS Monaco, with an option to buy at the end of the loan period.

Falcao, 28, became a Monaco player in 2013 after very successful periods at Atlético Madrid, where he made 91 appearances, scoring 70 goals and became the first player to score a hat-trick in a single-legged UEFA Super Cup; and formerly at FC Porto, making 87 appearances and scoring 72 goals.

Radamel Falcao said: “I am delighted to be joining Manchester United on loan this season. Manchester United is the biggest club in the world and is clearly determined to get back to the top. I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal and contributing to the team’s success at this very exciting period in the club’s history.”

Louis van Gaal said: “I am delighted Radamel has joined us on loan this season. He is one of the most prolific goalscorers in the game. His appearance-to-goal ratio speaks for itself and, when a player of this calibre becomes available, it is an opportunity not to be missed.”
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Sep/radamel-falcao-signs-for-manchester-united-on-loan.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Cookie18

This is amazing, been following it all day and I was getting a bit nervous towards the end when it looked like they hadn't got the signing in time. Excited to see him play and hopefully make a difference.

Manchester united has no morality, they are making a joke of the sport with these fees and wages. Can we please soon get a salary cap and some player drafting system like the MLS? Because this is disgusting, and just shows how little respect they have for the world. They might not have won their matches yet this season, but you gotta look at things such as possession and shots on target, where they have been better than their opponents. It has been purely down to luck that they lost so far, no need to go out and make a joke of the sport with these fees just because you lose out to luck.

Vhagar

Neo Member
It's a shame that without champions league football, we weren't able to attract the talents of Lallana and Lambert.
Instead we'll have to settle for Di Maria and Falcao.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Manchester united has no morality, they are making a joke of the sport with these fees and wages. Can we please soon get a salary cap and some player drafting system like the MLS? Because this is disgusting, and just shows how little respect they have for the world. They might not have won their matches yet this season, but you gotta look at things such as possession and shots on target, where they have been better than their opponents. It has been purely down to luck that they lost so far, no need to go out and make a joke of the sport with these fees just because you lose out to luck.
United are the ones making a joke of the sport? What? Have you heard of a team called Real Madrid (whom I cheer for as well)?

Mesousa

Banned
Also wenger needs to kill himself for not getting falcão first. Arsenal deserves better than Welbeck as first choice.

Wilbur

Banned
all the people who dont post in the football thread

come post in the football thread

share in our joy at the signing of radamel el tigre RUMBO falcao

share in our pain at losing daniel nii tackie MENSAH welbeck

share in our cock

RUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AngryMoth

I don't get why they've bought a forward when they already Rooney and RVP. Defense and central midfield is where they are weakest. Also I am salty that arsenal didn't get him :p

Lol@ Wooden..Falcao was pretty damn good at Porto and Atletico not sure how well he has recovered from his injury..after the Torres debacle I can't in good faith trust any player coming off a long injury.

Vhagar

Neo Member
I don't get why they've bought a forward when they already Rooney and RVP. Defense and central midfield is where they are weakest. Also I am salty that arsenal didn't get him :p

RVP needs knee surgery that would put him out for most of the season. Rooney hasn't exactly been prolific in front of goal recently.

Wilbur

Banned
If everything goes right for them, United could finish as high as third, behind Manchester City and Chelsea.

Would mean keeping Herrera, Blind, Jones and Rojo fit all season because even with that embarrassment of riches up front we still need some absolute substance.

Caode

What are his wages like?

They're unkown at the minute, far too many rumours out there.. initial reports put them £346,000 per week which was later shot down by Guillem Balague as completely false, reported to be between £180,000 - £246,000 per week.

£265,000 a week.

He took a fucking pay cut, bitches.

Oh God, are United supporters going to do this "only believe this one guy who says what we like, and ignore everything else" again?

There's no morality or respect for the world left in football anymore.

Football is dead.

GHG

Doing a Leeds.

At least you can throw him back to Monaco easily when you fail to secure a CL spot.

Welbeck will make you suffer.

Oh God, are United supporters going to do this "only believe this one guy who says what we like, and ignore everything else" again?

There's no morality or respect for the world left in football anymore.

Football is dead.

Not even the Chelsea bus can stop rumboooooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom