• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

Blader

I've seen Radiohead 3x on 3 different tours, and they've played There There 3 times. And they're playing it this tour too. It's a cool song, but it's like 5th or 6th best on its own album.

...it's their best song.

Yeah, same with Jigsaw. Both incredible songs that they don't play live. :(

I really hope they bring them back.

I love Jigsaw on the album, but Thom always sounds drunk when he's singing it live.

I'll prolly need a better recording of Talk Show Host at Amsterdam to better judge, but right now I still think their Glasto 2003 performance is the best version of TSH thus far.

Does anybody have the full setlist of the second Amsterdam gig? Seems like it was badass.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/heineken-music-hall-amsterdam-netherlands-33fea83d.html

Deeku

I think True Love Waits (and probably Glass Eyes too) might hit too close to home for Thom to sing often, or ever, on this tour.

Only big omission for me from today's set would be Weird Fishes...that's a top 2 Radiohead for me, would be really disappointed if I didn't hear it at MSG (so, uh, all the more reason to get a ticket to both nights then?).
Yeah, I have a feeling he will never sing TLW. Also it's not exactly practical either cos it would just be him and the piano...or I guess it could be a Give up the Ghost situation with Jonny doing something else.

If they tour AMSP in 2017, it seems I would probably have to go to at least 2 shows to hear what I want to hear:/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, this version of True Love Waits was played almost every night on the last tour.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Okay there are still day tickets for the Lollapalooza Berlin festival, probably gonna bite before that sells out too.

I'm guessing their setlist will be a bit shorter because it's a festival, but I really want to see them this tour and that still seems like a good option.

Daeda

To be fair, this version of True Love Waits was played almost every night on the last tour.

What are you talking about, other than a piano intro it wasnt played even once last tour (according to the usually reliable SetlistFm): http://www.setlist.fm/stats/radiohead-bd6bd12.html?year=2012

Furthermore, people think its harder for Thom to do it now that he's been separated from his long term partner since last year, seeing as the song has an entirely different meaning.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
What are you talking about, other than a piano intro it wasnt played even once last tour (according to the usually reliable SetlistFm): http://www.setlist.fm/stats/radiohead-bd6bd12.html?year=2012

Furthermore, people think its harder for Thom to do it now that he's been separated from his long term partner since last year, seeing as the song has an entirely different meaning.
it was basically this version iirc on the EIIRP organ thing

actually, just did a quick search, it's a little more sparse and shortened a bit, but it seems very similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0El-qqdUmM

I like it because it gives me an Echo and the Bunnymen vibe, but I always assumed they stopped playing it because it's just so tiring for him to sing it and play guitar at the same time. The REAL reason to want it back on tour is because Jonny's guitar is so fucking good on it live.

https://youtu.be/lpk57gB1rBU?t=32m42s

holy shit thats so good.

and fuck yeah this version of Just is fuckin lit

Also, pretty sure its intentional that he's singing drunk AF.

Just as the drinks arrive
Just as they play your favourite song

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got a ticket for Berlin. First time since '03 that I'm seeing them live, can't wait. I do hope they come to Belgium at some point in the future.

Jigsaw is one of those songs that really gives the multi-guitar attack something to do. Also it's secretly the 4th best song on IR behind 15th Step, Reckoner and All I Need.

Edit: holy shit, I was at that very same Saitama show. I happened to be in Japan in early October 2008 and caught that weekend show. Brings back memories. Seeing a major show with a Japanese/other Asian audience is a pretty fun experience btw.

Xun

Got a ticket for Berlin. First time since '03 that I'm seeing them live, can't wait. I do hope they come to Belgium at some point in the future.
I pretty much instantly went for it when I couldn't get a London ticket.

I was planning on going back to Berlin this year anyway.

Linius

I was in Berlin just weeks ago. Can't really justify another trip for the money. Or I'd have to skip my summer holiday. I'll just wait for the next tour.

After a few many more listens, Glass Eyes might be my favourite track from this album. I love most of the rest too, can't think of any song I would skip past.

I like it because it gives me an Echo and the Bunnymen vibe, but I always assumed they stopped playing it because it's just so tiring for him to sing it and play guitar at the same time. The REAL reason to want it back on tour is because Jonny's guitar is so fucking good on it live.

https://youtu.be/lpk57gB1rBU?t=32m42s

Whew, that's is one hell of a set list and I just realized I haven't been listening to much Radiohead lately, or hell, music in general. I'll let that concert play out.

Released

Fun to see them still playing that song. Hope they still play Amazing Sounds of Orgy like they did for TKoL tour.

Edit: Shameful double post :<

Bloom is already an Encore level classic and Magpie is fantastic if for no other reason than Colin.

It's a weak album compared to IR or AMSP sure, but it isn't bad.

Myriadis

Berlin too for me and 4 others in my music group. I think it's the first concert of them in Germany for years, isn't it?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think TKOL is universally loved. Also for context, my favorite album of theirs is The Bends.

It was a line from Good Morning, Mr Magpie.

Bloom is already an Encore level classic and Magpie is fantastic if for no other reason than Colin.

It's a weak album compared to IR or AMSP sure, but it isn't bad.

Little by Little is the only one I don't get on with. Feral is great in its own way, but it doesn't deserve a place on an album. Everything else is top notch. Codex is divine!

Linius

Lotus Flower, Separator, Bloom etc. More than a few good songs on TKOL. I would agree it's one of the lesser albums (speaking in Radiohead standards) but still pretty damn good.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Berlin too for me and 4 others in my music group. I think it's the first concert of them in Germany for years, isn't it?

I have no idea. I'm going to Berlin because everything else is sold out. Probably gonna make a weekend out of it and see the city on saturday, never been to Berlin.

Linius

Two tour debuts tonight if setlist.fm is on point. True Love Waits and No Surprises.

They did soundcheck some interesting stuff though. Myxamatosis, Where I End and You Begin and Pyramid Song. So looks likely these might be played tomorrow or at some point during this tour.

No one's talking about the radiohead site update? Another mysterious pic:
MhwwLBj.jpg
there is no evidence

So this album is pretty good. My girlfriend forced me to listen to some tracks because she thinks I need to expand my playlist beyond gaming and movie soundtracks.

Pretty great so far. Identikit (I think that's what it's called) is the standout so far.

Listen to your girlfriend, she sounds like a smart woman.

To be fair, there are a lot of amazing gaming and movie soundtracks out there. Inception, Max Fury Road, Transistor and TLoU are on constant loop.

But yeah, I guess I should try to mix things up sometimes. This and Grimes are both pretty great. Might need to see what Coldplay and Daft Punk have been up to too...

Xun

I've never been massively into Creep, but that was a decent rendition of it.

I have no idea. I'm going to Berlin because everything else is sold out. Probably gonna make a weekend out of it and see the city on saturday, never been to Berlin.
It's a brilliant city.

I was thankfully planning on returning to Berlin this year anyway, so that made buying the tickets easily justifiable.

Also I know it's ages away, but if anyone who is going to Lollapalooza Berlin fancies meeting up on the day let me know.

No one's talking about the radiohead site update? Another mysterious pic:

there is no evidence
It even includes Nigel and Phil at the bottom!

Released

Most of the fun in them playing Creep is the audience reactions to it lol. Also played No Surprises and soundchecked Where I End And You Begin. Damn I wish I was seeing them on this tour.

Blader

Most of the fun in them playing Creep is the audience reactions to it lol. Also played No Surprises and soundchecked Where I End And You Begin. Damn I wish I was seeing them on this tour.

Yeah, I don't really care about Creep itself but would love to see it live just for the novelty of it.

That said, Thom sounded pretty good singing it! Sounds like it was rehearsed, so maybe it'll show up again?

I guess I should have post my periscope here, but it was a first try for me. I didn't know whever my connection bandwidth was good enough, or if the sound was clear. Looks ok.

I'll stream tomorrow too.

Top Bottom