• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

It was shown in leaked footage. He has two types of arrow attachments; a blue one that releases smoke and a orange one that releases fire sparks.

Fire sparks dont look too damaging at all. Which is good, but I hope they last a while. Would be great at denying defenders

Not sure how useful this attacker will be. Why create mini smokes and fire sparks? Montagne denies rooms really well, but the c4 craze in this game makes him impossible to rely on. I seriously hope c4 only destroys his shield and not kills him (depending on distance of explosion)

I feel Smoke is really hard to play in bigger rooms. His range on throwing smoke grenades is awful. I want to see room defenders buffed a bit. Especially tachanka

LAM09

Fire sparks dont look too damaging at all. Which is good, but I hope they last a while. Would be great at denying defenders

Not sure how useful this attacker will be. Why create mini smokes and fire sparks? Montagne denies rooms really well, but the c4 craze in this game makes him impossible to rely on. I seriously hope c4 only destroys his shield and not kills him (depending on distance of explosion)

Both of the new operators' abilities seem a bit weird to me, but the defender more so. I'm intrigued to see what it's like in an actual match.

Both of the new operators' abilities seem a bit weird to me, but the defender more so. I'm intrigued to see what it's like in an actual match.

Yeah, they do. Defender just seems dumb to me. In this video, you see her waiting for Glaz as he enters by his lonesome. How often does that really happen? It doesn't.

More than likely, you're running around with her shotgun and c4, and maybe you come across a solo enemy from behind. Why bother interrogating them and risking death by their teammate?

Im just trying to wrap my head around the operator but I can't.

Yeah these new operators are really going to have to prove their worth. Its not that hard to tell where an attacker is coming from so why rish interrogation mechanic? Plus there's plenty other roaming defenders which will just tear through the attacking team. Oh well, we'll see. Still waiting for IQ to be a valuable team player outside of her THREE EXCLUSIVE ASSAULT RIFLES. Do the Devs know she's terrible and so incentivize her being picked with cool ARs?

I get voted out of a ranked match because a dumbass got caught in a trap. Thinking our other teammate would cover (which is in a party with the other 3 players) we get rushed. 4-1 kd on the second round and get the boot. GG.

Idiots
The kick option shouldn't be available if the game hasn't detected the player idling or team killing.

moai

the ability to interrogate sounds great but it doesnt work in a game like this. attackers never enter the building alone and with the low TTK it seems impossible to get near them to use it.

the ability to interrogate sounds great but it doesnt work in a game like this. attackers never enter the building alone and with the low TTK it seems impossible to get near them to use it.

I think it will be so situational that it, overall, may be useless...but how many videos have you seen of defenders teabagging a DBNO operator? If they have time for that, they probably have time to interrogate.

At best, it will make players think more critically about going for the kill and try to push to "recover" a DBNO player. I know when roaming, if you sneak up on a group of 2-3 attackers and start firing, some are straight kills but there is often one who is DBNO.

Havent played this in quite a bit, just finally starting to get the itch to play something not Overwatch and itll probably be going back to this. PS4GAF still going strong?

Yeah these new operators are really going to have to prove their worth. Its not that hard to tell where an attacker is coming from so why rish interrogation mechanic? Plus there's plenty other roaming defenders which will just tear through the attacking team. Oh well, we'll see. Still waiting for IQ to be a valuable team player outside of her THREE EXCLUSIVE ASSAULT RIFLES. Do the Devs know she's terrible and so incentivize her being picked with cool ARs?

Her being a dedicated Pulse counter is very limiting. Pulse's buff is more a problem of that he's too good not to have because there aren't enough defenders worthwhile.

Valkyrie, Pulse, Rook, Jaeger are a pretty all star team. If Ubi could buff Castle, Doc, Tachanka, Smoke, Mute (his gun has no ACOG, his shotgun is weaker)... we could see fewer Pulse players.

Right now, Pulse is a must, making IQ a must.

IQ should be able to mark electronics for her team. Just temporarily, like an ordinary mark. Itd be great to ping Pulse to teammates without struggling to take him out on my own. Most Pulse players are way too tricky and dip when they know IQ sees them.

Even if IQ can see 10 ft before Pulse, most kills have to be done in CQC or require you to enter the building, as Pulse is somewhere near an entrance.

I think it will be so situational that it, overall, may be useless...but how many videos have you seen of defenders teabagging a DBNO operator? If they have time for that, they probably have time to interrogate.

At best, it will make players think more critically about going for the kill and try to push to "recover" a DBNO player. I know when roaming, if you sneak up on a group of 2-3 attackers and start firing, some are straight kills but there is often one who is DBNO.

Yes, but this happens so rarely that it makes the ability totally useless and easily the most impractical. I wonder if it would work better as an attacker ability. With so many roamers (Valkyrie, Pulse, Jaeger) it could be useful for attackers to find a lone enemy in bigger maps and interrogate them

moai

Yes, but this happens so rarely that it makes the ability totally useless and easily the most impractical. I wonder if it would work better as an attacker ability. With so many roamers (Valkyrie, Pulse, Jaeger) it could be useful for attackers to find a lone enemy in bigger maps and interrogate them

this sounds much better but right now 4 out of 5 defenders are using shotguns so good luck getting near them.
i think the only way the interrogation ability could work is by making it trigger from far away, something like modern warfare knife lunge.

this sounds much better but right now 4 out of 5 defenders are using shotguns so good luck getting near them.
i think the only way the interrogation ability could work is by making it trigger from far away, something like modern warfare knife lunge.

If Im not mistaken, you can use her pistol to incapacitate. But you have to be close by the opponent. She seems to have 3 abilities actually. She can run silently, use a pistol that knocks down players, and interrogate.

I think perhaps we are focusing on the wrong thing in regards to interrogations. If anything, it's a bonus ability.

She can run silently... that could be good for surprising enemies. And let's be honest, if Ubi doesnt rebalance shotguns for the next patch, her shotgun/C4 combo is going to be enough for most people to pick her.

I dread having 3 operators with shotgun/c4 combos.

Speaking of C4, I wish theyd take C4 away from Valkyrie. Give it to Castle instead

Agreed that IQ should have a marking ability, she's ridiculously useless as anything other than a Pulse counter and even then you're not effective with your pistol. Even if it's only marking Pulse, that's still a great feature. Although guess it wouldn't work in the new hardcore playlist.

Pulse is so strong that even if you could mark him he still has the upper hand. He has the auto shotgun and the new scanner shows up to date positions giving him the ability to preaim every time.

Truly baffling buff. I hope they revert 3.4.

So I booted this up for the first time for the free weekend. It's a lot of fun, but 9 times out of 10 I felt almost useless. Right now I'm on the fence to purchase, but those 9 times can suck pretty bad. Probably need to read more about the Operators.

Pachimari

Does this map exist in multiplayer, in night time and all?

HxNeaOF.jpg

So I booted this up for the first time for the free weekend. It's a lot of fun, but 9 times out of 10 I felt almost useless. Right now I'm on the fence to purchase, but those 9 times can suck pretty bad. Probably need to read more about the Operators.

Don't feel bad, it's got a steep learning curve and is unforgiving, but very rewarding as a result. Watch a few YouTube tutorials and you should be a valuable member of the team in no time!

Yessir.

Ugh, I really wish they released 2 maps per season. Yeah I know I'm greedy but they're so good.

I wish they'd let us play the Article 5 map. It's there in the game, MADE! Ready to be fucking used and they just won't let anyone access it outside of the singleplayer mission.

Jb

I wish they'd let us play the Article 5 map. It's there in the game, MADE! Ready to be fucking used and they just won't let anyone access it outside of the singleplayer mission.
It's gotta be because it's not properly balanced for competitive right? I only played through it once but it seemed a little small.

KodaRuss

It's gotta be because it's not properly balanced for competitive right? I only played through it once but it seemed a little small.

Being too small has to be the reason. The map is pretty much done but yes it is kinda small. I really hope they add it because the more maps the better but its been over 7 months now since the game released, I am sure it is on the backburner

Reule

Anyone getting Error 2-0x0000C003? I bet you live in Florida or have Brighthouse. For some reason the game won't get past that error now. I check on Twitter and see people with the same error are also from Florida. Trying to resolve this before Tuesday. Missing out on Renown.

KodaRuss

This game is a horror game to me. I'm pissing my pants protecting my lover from stalkers coming into our house in those Situations.

I love the rush that this game gives. When you are the last one alive your heart just starts pounding.

I am going to have to post a clutch I had last night 4 v 1 killed them all in about 10 seconds while pinned behind the bar downstairs in the biker bar.

Being too small has to be the reason. The map is pretty much done but yes it is kinda small. I really hope they add it because the more maps the better but its been over 7 months now since the game released, I am sure it is on the backburner

It is! They are still promising to release it. It just needs to be redesigned somewhat for balance.

So we at least have 3 maps left. I pray for a season 2. I dont even want more operators. Just more maps

KodaRuss

When is the stream today? 4 pm est?

Yes, not sure I really even need to watch it. Already saw the leak, they may just have some commentary on it.

It is! They are still promising to release it. It just needs to be redesigned somewhat for balance.

So we at least have 3 maps left. I pray for a season 2. I dont even want more operators. Just more maps

We are definitely getting Japanese Operators but I think it would be fine for Year 2 to focus on Maps/Game Modes/Events as opposed to more and more operators.

LAM09

I'm sure they'll be more content next year, but I doubt it will be free.

When they first revealed gameplay, weren't there aerial drones in the game? I would like that, to have flying drones strictly for surveillance.

When they first revealed gameplay, weren't there aerial drones in the game? I would like that, to have flying drones strictly for surveillance.

You might be thinking of Ghost Recon, the drones were ground based since the initial E3 reveal. They did used to have a helicopter insertion on House, though

Jb

I still want NVG battles to be a thing in this game.

If they do a sequel I hope they implement some system where you can turn off the lights in specific sections of the building before entering.
But then again it would mean coordinating with randos so everyone picks NVGs before the round begins...

I wouldn't mind a larger 10v10 game mode, honestly. I don't know why but Favela reminds me of some of the larger levels in the first three R6 games. Probably because it seems like exterior combat may be a thing.

manhack

I think that's a good deal higher than the max count last season? I thought that topped out below 20k but could be wrong.

I can see Siege 2 coming in late 2017. They have no reason to not just produce another season of content for this, considering the DAU.

Not only that, but there were almost 35,000 playing during the free weekend today at peak:

30,022 35,922 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

http://steamcharts.com/app/359550#6m

KodaRuss

I wish they would do a Free weekend on PS4. More people need to get exposed to this game. PS4 has a healthy community but kinda frustrating Xbox is getting a lot of the love console wise

Top Bottom