• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

KodaRuss

Ubisoft must be updating the stats on the Siege website or something because they are telling me I have a 14.76 K/D right now. Heh, I wish

Auctopus

pete-souza-white-house-obama-favorites-39.jpg

Just saw this photo in the White House photographer thread. Is the map in Siege an exact copy of Air Force One? That looks so similar, they did a great job.

Javier23

Banned
Just saw this photo in the White House photographer thread. Is the map in Siege an exact copy of Air Force One? That looks so similar, they did a great job.
OK, I was scared for a moment that I've been playing too much Siege when my first thought was that they should watch out for Glaz.

Kind of annoyed that I can't play T-Hunt offline on PC.

Anyways, I'm back after being away for a few months. Excited to jump back into the fray with you guys.

Jb

The favela map is pretty fun so far. The weird complex layout and bright color palette make for a nice change of pace at the very least.

Patch is pretty good. Everything seems to look alot better when it comes to UI.

Did get a interrogation as my first kill with the new operator on Yacht.

It's okay, but you really have to be careful because of how long it takes.

KodaRuss

pete-souza-white-house-obama-favorites-39.jpg

Get your asses down!! GLAZ IS ON THE WING!!!

Edit: Played a few games last night but I dont think I have ever seen this before. Someone placed a shield in front of a castle door with not enough space to jump over the shield. This made it impossible to destroy without a well placed grenade or an Ash blast, I think they need to fix that. I saw it on the plane, they were defending the meeting room and placed it on the door to the left of the door to the meeting room meaning I literally could not get to that other side as I was not Ash and had no grenades.

We beat them in overtime though, got the last kill on Pulse (felt so good).

foxdvd

Now that the game can be had for 20 bucks, do you feel that there is enough content with the terrorist hunts alone for a group to pick this up? I might play MP, but 2 in our group will only ever be into the terrorist hunts, so I am curious if the 20 dollars is a solid price for the amount of content we will get out of that mode...

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Now that the game can be had for 20 bucks, do you feel that there is enough content with the terrorist hunts alone for a group to pick this up? I might play MP, but 2 in our group will only ever be into the terrorist hunts, so I am curious if the 20 dollars is a solid price for the amount of content we will get out of that mode...

Perhaps, but there's nothing stopping you from jumping into versus with just one partner. That can work really well. The game shines in PVP, I found the T-hunt so-so. Some maps featured wave based attacks, where you had to stay put and defend, but it's not very good imo.

atr0cious

Anyone having any trouble with the steam overlay not working in-game? I can get it to pop up in other games, so Seige is definitely the problem.

zeox

Anyone having any trouble with the steam overlay not working in-game? I can get it to pop up in other games, so Seige is definitely the problem.

battleye introduced some bugs with overlays (shadowplay is also not functional unless you have desktop capture on). it's being worked on

Miker

Posted in gaming side, but it might be more relevant here:

Anybody else on PC finding the new map to be more performance-intensive than the other maps? I'm running a 1070 and I can play maxed out 1080p w/ 4xMSAA at a steady 60, but Favela (at least at night, haven't tested it at day) brings it down to 45 fps in some areas.

HiiiLife

1v1 on Hereford. I was Montagne vs Smoke.

Definitely spent a 1:30+ circling around the table with him because he couldn't manage to get an angle on me lol.

Talk about a Mexican standoff. Surprised Montagnes shield was as protecting as it was.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I can't play multiplayer matches because of an error "Battleye isn't running, try again after restarting the game."
I already verified installation and it fixed some corrupted files. Anyone else getting this error?

CrayToes

Played a few games. Game still sucks. Semi auto shotties for all! Huzzah!

Honestly, I'm not all that fond of the way the game is evolving. Defense is now literally all about roaming. 3 dedicated roamers at pretty much all times with a semi auto shotgun and a C4 each. I would like to see semi autos nerfed and C4 to be distributed more evenly. High level games can make attacking a nightmare at times.

Pulse and Blackbeard nerfs would be nice too.

Honestly, I'm not all that fond of the way the game is evolving. Defense is now literally all about roaming. 3 dedicated roamers at pretty much all times with a semi auto shotgun and a C4 each. I would like to see semi autos nerfed and C4 to be distributed more evenly. High level games can make attacking a nightmare at times.

Yup. The semiauto shotguns are insane. I couldn't stop laughing when they announced they were BUFFING Pulse, who was already OP, while not actually making Tachanka or Castle useful. It is insane what they are doing with the game.

Yup. The semiauto shotguns are insane. I couldn't stop laughing when they announced they were BUFFING Pulse, who was already OP, while not actually making Tachanka or Castle useful. It is insane what they are doing with the game.

Agreed. The Pulse one is the one that really gets me. He was a go-to guy before the buff. Why? Because he was hella powerful. So what's the reason for the buff? I don't know a single person that felt he needed to be buffed.

Ya know, there are some people(that are certifiably insane)that think this game is well balanced. What a world.

Agreed. The Pulse one is the one that really gets me. He was a go-to guy before the buff. Why? Because he was hella powerful. So what's the reason for the buff? I don't know a single person that felt he needed to be buffed.

Ya know, there are some people(that are certifiably insane)that think this game is well balanced. What a world.

These posts feel pretty hyperbolic. What are some examples of the insane imbalances? Pulse was probably their first misstep in a while.

Shotguns still need balancing and Pulse needs a nerf of some kind.

Part of the problem with Pulse is that, on PC, his prior implementation was fine. Pulse is also about locating and reacting to what the enemy is doing. It's a lot easier to make quick adjustments and predictions using a mkb vs a controller.

As someone who plays Val and Kapkan pretty often, there are *plenty* of situations where you're fucked because enemies are at range and your shotty isn't going to do shit. Frost's sniper S90 was a legit imbalance and they fixed that.

The problem isn't necessarily the power of semi-shotties--it's that *every* defender so far has been a roamer-oriented Operator with a semi-shotty.

I agree that Tachanka and Castle need buffs, and so does Ubi, considering they said so a month or two ago. It's weird that Pulse got a buff before them, but it really depends on the complexity of their solution. I would assume they're looking at and testing the myriad of ways these Operators can be improved. With Pulse, their solution (to a dubious problem) was obviously much easier, since the technology was there since Alpha, when he was a wall-hack there, too.

KodaRuss

The Pulse stuff is starting to get to me a little. Playing Consulate and entering the building from the main floor from the side entrance with the two trap doors and waiting chairs.

Break down the barrier and check the room with a drone to see if anyone heard the noise , no one in there. So I get up the steps and strafe into the room to check the entrances as I walk in and die to a C4 from the floor below immediately as I take one step into the room.

Well you got me Pulse, should have known that that entire room is wood. Regardless two more of my knucklehead teammates (randoms) get killed in the same room from shotgun blasts through the floor with Pulse...

Again, Pulse buff... Not necessary he was a very good operator the way he was.

These posts feel pretty hyperbolic. What are some examples of the insane imbalances? Pulse was probably their first misstep in a while.

Part of the problem with Pulse is that, on PC, his prior implementation was fine. Pulse is also about locating and reacting to what the enemy is doing. It's a lot easier to make quick adjustments and predictions using a mkb vs a controller.

As someone who plays Val and Kapkan pretty often, there are *plenty* of situations where you're fucked because enemies are at range and your shotty isn't going to do shit. Frost's sniper S90 was a legit imbalance and they fixed that.

The problem isn't necessarily the power of semi-shotties--it's that *every* defender so far has been a roamer-oriented Operator with a semi-shotty.

I agree that Tachanka and Castle need buffs, and so does Ubi, considering they said so a month or two ago. It's weird that Pulse got a buff before them, but it really depends on the complexity of their solution. I would assume they're looking at and testing the myriad of ways these Operators can be improved. With Pulse, their solution (to a dubious problem) was obviously much easier, since the technology was there since Alpha, when he was a wall-hack there, too.

Come on, man. We do the same song and dance every time.

The fact that that Tachanka and Castle haven't had any meaningful buffs since launch is exactly what we're talking about.

Again, why buff Pulse? Why does it take so long to buff characters that actually need it but takes no time to buff Pulse who doesn't need it.

Ok, so that away Frost's C4 to "cripple" her. Ok, fine. Then, you release another character with possibly an even better shotty and give her C4, too?! What?

Defenders keep getting better and Attackers keep staying mediocre.

I mean, come on, dude. I like the game as well but don't defend idiocracy. The developers, not the movie.

KodaRuss

I think part of my issue is they keep buffing defenders (Mute, Pulse, Kapkan) with Castle and Tachanka liking coming soon and giving new defenders Auto Shotguns.

In the meantime Attackers have gotten costly nerfs. Thermite loses grenades, Thatcher's EMP grenade loses range.

Maybe Ubi is seeing overall that attackers are winning more games but it doesnt feel like it to me.

zeox

The Pulse stuff is starting to get to me a little. Playing Consulate and entering the building from the main floor from the side entrance with the two trap doors and waiting chairs.

Break down the barrier and check the room with a drone to see if anyone heard the noise , no one in there. So I get up the steps and strafe into the room to check the entrances as I walk in and die to a C4 from the floor below immediately as I take one step into the room.

Well you got me Pulse, should have known that that entire room is wood. Regardless two more of my knucklehead teammates (randoms) get killed in the same room from shotgun blasts through the floor with Pulse...

Again, Pulse buff... Not necessary he was a very good operator the way he was.

I don't see what this has to do with pulse being buffed, as I've been doing this kind of stuff since the start of the game.

I'm curious, what platforms are you guys playing on? Playing on PC I haven't really felt a huge problem with shotguns of any kind. (excluding frosts initial s90 for obvious reasons)

Come on, man. We do the same song and dance every time.

The fact that that Tachanka and Castle haven't had any meaningful buffs since launch is exactly what we're talking about.

Again, why buff Pulse? Why does it take so long to buff characters that actually need it but takes no time to buff Pulse who doesn't need it.

Ok, so that away Frost's C4 to "cripple" her. Ok, fine. Then, you release another character with possibly an even better shotty and give her C4, too?! What?

Defenders keep getting better and Attackers keep staying mediocre.

I mean, come on, dude. I like the game as well but don't defend idiocracy. The developers, not the movie.

I'm not defending idiotic decisions--my post pretty clearly states that they've made some mistakes. Tachanka and Castle need buffs. I also work in software development (though not games), so I know finding a solution isn't always as simple as "just do it".

Again, I already agreed that C4-wielding roaming shotty defenders are also tired. Not sure why you are acting like I'm not aware of that when I stated that very fact.

Again, the Pulse tweak was probably much easier to make compared to what needs to happen to make Tachanka or Castle more useful. Shit, all they probably need to do is tweak the responsiveness/refresh rate of Pulse and he'd be good. If not, I would want him to lose either the shotgun or the C4, considering both can guarantee kills through walls.

Attackers stay mediocre? I'm not even sure what that means, especially given how much whining there is over Blackbeard (who needs tweaking to his shield mechanic but isn't nearly as unstoppable as people make him out to be).

I just get tired of hyperbole in this thread. If it's not complaints about "insane" imbalance, it's how someone gets teamkilled seemingly every round or some shit like that. It gets whiny in here sometimes. We can talk about the game's faults without exaggerating.

I'm not defending idiotic decisions--my post pretty clearly states that they've made some mistakes. Tachanka and Castle need buffs. I also work in software development (though not games), so I know finding a solution isn't always as simple as "just do it". I agree that it's not just a snap your fingers sort of thing until.........

Again, I already agreed that C4-wielding roaming shotty defenders are also tired. Not sure why you are acting like I'm not aware of that when I stated that very fact.

Again, the Pulse tweak was probably much easier to make compared to what needs to happen to make Tachanka or Castle more useful. Shit, all they probably need to do is tweak the responsiveness/refresh rate of Pulse and he'd be good. If not, I would want him to lose either the shotgun or the C4, considering both can guarantee kills through walls. .........you say this. They changed the look and everything. More thought went in to Pulse's buff than you're letting on.

Attackers stay mediocre? I'm not even sure what that means, especially given how much whining there is over Blackbeard (who needs tweaking to his shield mechanic but isn't nearly as unstoppable as people make him out to be). I agree that Blackbeard is not some crazy overpowered guy. In fact, I've been headshot while looking through the shield straight ahead of the Defender.

I just get tired of hyperbole in this thread. If it's not complaints about "insane" imbalance, it's how someone gets teamkilled seemingly every round or some shit like that. It gets whiny in here sometimes. We can talk about the game's faults without exaggerating.
I can understand where you're coming from but you're brushing legitimate criticisms under the rug. Always do. That's great that you've lived in a non-teamkilling utopia. Others haven't. Myself included. But, hey, it didn't happen because you didn't experience it, right? You're right that we get whiny in here at times. I admit my faults as such. However, the defense league(you being the President and CEO) is a little strong here, too.

I can understand where you're coming from but you're brushing legitimate criticisms under the rug. Always do. That's great that you've lived in a non-teamkilling utopia. Others haven't. Myself included. But, hey, it didn't happen because you didn't experience it, right? You're right that we get whiny in here at times. I admit my faults as such. However, the defense league(you being the President and CEO) is a little strong here, too.

Which legitimate criticisms have I brushed under the rug? I don't think I've ever outright dismissed someone's opinion--I just try to temper the perspective. I'd challenge you to find any instance (specific to team-killing, since that's the example you put forth) where I said I've never been teamkilled.

You're familiar with the idea that negative customers are the most vocal and loud, right? Like, no one routinely calls Tech Support to just say "hey, the product and service is great, thank you!"

Half the time I'm chiming in to just balance out the exaggeration because it leaves such a skewed impression of a game that CLEARLY doesn't have game-crippling balance issues or it wouldn't be doing as well as it is. You want to see a cause-and-effect negative relationship due to shitty PvP balance and game mechanics? Check out The Division, a game whose audience is a fraction of what it was even a few months.

I will happily go through my posts in this very thread, detailing my criticisms of the game, if it gets you to stop misinterpreting what I've said. Just because I'm not in a furor over it doesn't mean I haven't acknowledged something being an issue.

andycapps

The problem with the semi-auto shotguns is that they have little recoil and the range and damage is better than the pump shotguns. Short to mid range gunfights favor a shotgun over an AR.

They need to focus on making the existing attackers feel more powerful.

Droning helps with ferreting defenders out but that doesn't help much when Pulse can see you and take you out unaware pretty quickly. One big thing for him would be to make the sound of him taking out his gadget and putting away much louder. Also, putting the range back where it was.

The problem with the semi-auto shotguns is that they have little recoil and the range and damage is better than the pump shotguns. Short to mid range gunfights favor a shotgun over an AR.

They need to focus on making the existing attackers feel more powerful.

I feel like the addition of all these shotties was to balance out the Attackers having the "best" weapons in the game early in the game's lifespan. Back then, I think Jaeger was the only Defender who was perceived to have a "good" gun because of his AR. They overcorrected, though, through the buffs and the quantity of semis.

andycapps

I feel like the addition of all these shotties was to balance out the Attackers having the "best" weapons in the game early in the game's lifespan. Back then, I think Jaeger was the only Defender who was perceived to have a "good" gun because of his AR. They overcorrected, though, through the buffs and the quantity of semis.
And I think what people are trying to say to you is that that started happening with Frost in "Season 1." Though Pulse's shotty has always been OP. Then we got Valkyrie as well and I believe Pulse's shotty got a buff as well as his gadget.

Top Bottom