• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

And I think what people are trying to say to you is that that started happening with Frost in "Season 1." Though Pulse's shotty has always been OP. Then we got Valkyrie as well and I believe Pulse's shotty got a buff as well as his gadget.

I don't disagree.

Shotguns still need balancing and Pulse needs a nerf of some kind.

Frost's sniper S90 was a legit imbalance and they fixed that.

The problem isn't necessarily the power of semi-shotties--it's that *every* defender so far has been a roamer-oriented Operator with a semi-shotty.

I think the shotgun buff wasn't an inherently bad thing, but coupled with the amount of defenders that have access to shotguns (particularly semi-auto), the problem kinda doubles down on itself. When you take a specialized role (which is what powerful but fragile roamers should be) and make it a viable strategy for the majority of the team, it alters the makeup of the game. I'm fine with the buffed shotguns (I still want pumps to be made more viable) if they aren't handed out to every roaming defender each DLC.

The amount of (extremely lethal) roamers has changed the meta of the game, too. I like that it's forcing attackers to be more careful and actually clear rooms (rather than rush to the objective), but I don't know that that's actually fun, considering it's basically encouraging you to not really play "the objective" within the limited amount of time.

Which legitimate criticisms have I brushed under the rug? I don't think I've ever outright dismissed someone's opinion--I just try to temper the perspective. I'd challenge you to find any instance (specific to team-killing, since that's the example you put forth) where I said I've never been teamkilled.

I'm saying that by stating you are tempering the perspective you are saying it's not an issue at all. Newbies need to hear both sides. I temper the conversation whether you will admit it or not. I constantly have complaints about the game yet I. PLAY. IT. EVERYDAY. I have said previously that despite having some broken aspects, at it's core, it's a very good game.

You're familiar with the idea that negative customers are the most vocal and loud, right? Like, no one routinely calls Tech Support to just say "hey, the product and service is great, thank you!" Uh, yeah. I'm not doing that. I've mentioned positives and negatives.

Half the time I'm chiming in to just balance out the exaggeration because it leaves such a skewed impression of a game that CLEARLY doesn't have game-crippling balance issues or it wouldn't be doing as well as it is. You want to see a cause-and-effect negative relationship due to shitty PvP balance and game mechanics? Check out The Division, a game whose audience is a fraction of what it was even a few months.

You're saying exaggeration again. If these aren't your experiences that doesn't make anyone else's bad experiences exaggerations.

I will happily go through my posts in this very thread, detailing my criticisms of the game, if it gets you to stop misinterpreting what I've said. Just because I'm not in a furor over it doesn't mean I haven't acknowledged something being an issue.

Look, believe it or not, I like your posts for the most part(not that you do or should care). They are well written and typically well thought out. Every once in awhile, you label criticisms as exaggeration. It's not accurate. That's what I'm saying.

Now, moving on, I love Favela. Awesome map.

Damn dudes!! Just played tactical realism and it's amazing!

So refreshing, and I REALLY wish ranked had some of these amazing features

It helps that I was playing favela for the first time too. It's so scary going down these claustrophobic rooms and not knowing if a teammate or enemy is coming

I think in order to add it to public ranked, there should be some kind of way to spot teammates better. Right now, their name appears above their head. I wish that was more readily apparent as its sometimes hard to see if you arent perfectly targeting a teammate

But it's a fantastic mode. I love not knowing who's alive and having to confirm kills

I think the Super 90 is pretty well balanced. It's a shotgun, in close quarters, it's gonna hit hard. It's not like people are sniping out windows at attackers with a shotgun.

Geist-

Hey guys, just got the game for PC. Are there any groups looking for a member? This seems like a great game to get regular teammates, one might say teamwork is overpowered. :p

Pachimari

Hey guys, just got the game for PC. Are there any groups looking for a member? This seems like a great game to get regular teammates, one might say teamwork is overpowered. :p
We have a Discord! If I only knew how to copy it on iOS.

Where are you located?

I joined the discord as well. Thanks for the link!

gUH3MJD.gif

RE: Frost's Super 90 - I just started using her and holy shit this is /post-nerf/?

They got rid of her C4. Which was a big hit to her capabilities.

I think the Super 90 is pretty well balanced. It's a shotgun, in close quarters, it's gonna hit hard. It's not like people are sniping out windows at attackers with a shotgun.

Of course it's gonna hit hard up close. It's the fact that across the room it still does massive damage. No, I'm not using hyperbole.

Don't know if y'all have seen this, but some great weapon stat information. Since we're talking about the Super 90, here's some quick info:

HS=headshot multiplier (1.5x)

8m against Armor 1 = 36dmg (HS=54dmg)
8m against Armor 2 = 31dmg (HS=46dmg)
8m against Armor 3 = 22dmg (HS=33dmg)
12m against Armor 1 = 40dmg (HS=40dmg)
12m against Armor 2 = 24dmg (HS=36dmg)
12m against Armor 3 = 17dmg (HS=25dmg)

I'm not sure how it actually counts this damage, considering that pellets are being shot, but according to this shotgun-lovers reddit post, these are the damage amounts per pellet:

We measured the actual power of one pellet from different distances (8 meters (26 ft) and 12 meters (39 ft)) to different type of armor. Light mean 1 armor (Pulse, Jager, Bandit, IQ, Ash). Medium - 2 armor operatives. Heavy is for 3 armor WITH CERAMIC PLATES (Rook, Doc, Fuze, Kapkan, Chanka, Blitz, Montagne).

Someone in the reddit post says shotguns shoot 8 pellets...so yeah, they could stand to tone these down, or just add a LOT more spread to semi-shotties.

Here's my brother's(PaulKersey) video that demonstrates how OP shotties are in this game.

Look and judge for yourselves. Also the video is funny. At least I think. If you don't your judgement is wrong.

zeox

Here's my brother's(PaulKersey) video that demonstrates how OP shotties are in this game.

Look and judge for yourselves. Also the video is funny. At least I think. If you don't your judgement is wrong.

sorry, but nothing in that video indicates anything OP in my opinion.
I think shotguns should get a nerfed a bit, but that video was nothing mindblowing

I think shotguns should get a nerfed a bit, but that video was nothing mindblowing

Not sure if serious. He killed at least 2 people from ~30 feet away like it was nothing. One of them being Blackbeard.

Ok....

S90 pre-nerf was just disgusting. Literally like a sniper rifle, its grouping (or was it damage at range?) was so good.

Not sure if serious. He killed at least 2 people from ~30 feet away like it was nothing. One of them being Blackbeard.

Ok....

Have you ever shot a shotgun? You can hit things much further away than 30 feet and destroy it. If you were complaining about 30 yards you'd maybe have a point, but 30 feet? No.

KodaRuss

Have you ever shot a shotgun? You can hit things much further away than 30 feet and destroy it. If you were complaining about 30 yards you'd maybe have a point, but 30 feet? No.

Shotguns always seem tough to balance for any MP game. They are usually either useless or one of the best weapons in the game. I think the pump action shotguns need to do be a little better and the auto shotguns need to be a little worse and I believe we would have good balance in the game.

Shotguns always seem tough to balance for any MP game. They are usually either useless or one of the best weapons in the game. I think the pump action shotguns need to do be a little better and the auto shotguns need to be a little worse and I believe we would have good balance in the game.

Very true.

HiiiLife

Yep.

Won too many firefights I shouldn't have with Valkyrie and I just barely bought her yesterday.

CrayToes

Honestly not sure just how much longer I'll be playing this. Attack has become distinctly unfun due to the effectiveness of aggressive defence and Ubisoft's desire to pander to it.

Honestly not sure just how much longer I'll be playing this. Attack has become distinctly unfun due to the effectiveness of aggressive defence and Ubisoft's desire to pander to it.

It really is puzzling how much they have leaned into the roamer defender angle of this game at the cost of actual defense oriented characters. Between the Pulse buff and Caveira it's like the game got two aggressive c4 and autoshotgun defenders within a few weeks. It's not uncommon now to go up against a 4 auto shotgun roamer defense team.

HiiiLife

I have fired a shotgun. Real life = Balance.

Yeah this isn't a simulator lol. The sentiment doesn't explain why pump actions shot towards center mass leave players standing strong. Connections are fine. Reasonable distance. Multiple instances from the community.

Use semi autos. Feel like God. Haha.

Foxxsoxx

If you team kill within the first 10 seconds of a round starting it should be an automatic kick.

Yep. Totally agree. Actually probably the first minute. This happens way too often on PS4, I've never had a play session where I haven't seen intentional team killing.

Last night I was playing with some random lobby and I join a match in progress. These guys are in a party chat and invite me. I don't immediately join fearing that these will be 11 year olds and I don't want to be a dick and leave after joining. I see a vote kick for one of my teammates and I'm not sure why they're trying to kick him but I'm not going to say yes simply because I haven't seen this guy do anything wrong. So I don't kick him and they start TKing this poor guy which causes him to leave and they then proceed to TK me 3 times in a row, without me ever trying to kill them.

I finally join the chat and ask what the their problem was and the 3 of them tell me that I should have kicked the other guy and since I didn't immediately kick him. After the 3rd TK they proceed to kick me from the match. I did nothing wrong and they just felt they were completely justified doing this. I can't believe there isn't a harsher punishment for scum like these guys.

Foxxsoxx

Is tk punishment not working? Even before the patch, three tks would get you auto kicked from the match.

I've never had a single TK ever kick anyone. But a flaw in the system is if you're against a party, they can just have 1 person kill you each and completely avoid it.

Top Bottom