• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
VMKq74u.jpg

Um, okay, I think I can buy the game at that price (^___^)

Disgraced

Is it common knowledge that you can break down an enemy Castle's barricade by punching it a bunch of times? I won a match with Castle by trapping a player in that basement area that has the home gym. They dropped in from the ceiling into a room I had totally fortified, and they just ran around trying to find a way out until the clock ran down. It takes like a dozen punches to knock a panel down, which makes me wonder how many people even figure out that you can do it.
Honestly, I don't recall learning about that until was like level 40. I'm level 142 now, and I know there's tons of shit I still don't know.

Just reading the issues sticky thread on Reddit, unbelievable how badly they broke the game with this update.

Some of the worst QA I've ever witnessed. This patch should've stayed in the oven for another month or two.

I'm not condoning UBI in the slightest...but...yeah...it's how every patch is lol

I had a post somewhere saying how this game was sent out to die but somehow survived and thrived...*looks*

EDIT: Here we are:

I sorta half believe that Siege was never meant to be the diamond in rough it turned out to be.

It turned into this thing that Ubi didn't know would take off the way it did. They might've known they had a mechanically excellent FPS MP on their hands but...with all of its initial problems, expected it to be DOA after a few months.

This game was like....years in the making......Siege is what the canceled Rainbow Six: Patriots game turned into. I feel like at some point, they put in all the money and resources they could to warrant the Tom Clancy and Rainbow Six name, and threw it out there. Rebooted projects don't tend to turn out very good, let alone excellent like Siege has managed to.

A year later, they have a hit on their hands, and they are literally scrambling at every single update to fix or unfix whatever it is they just updated. Everything seems very "flying by the seat of our pants" with Siege.

CrayToes

I'm not condoning UBI in the slightest...but...yeah...it's how every patch is lol

I had a post somewhere saying how this game was sent out to die but somehow survived and thrived...*looks*

I've been here since day one. This is the worst major update they've released, easily. They've broken so much.

Gator86

I sorta half believe that Siege was never meant to be the diamond in rough it turned out to be.

It turned into this thing that Ubi didn't know would take off the way it did. They might've known they had a mechanically excellent FPS MP on their hands but...with all of its initial problems, expected it to be DOA after a few months.

This game was like....years in the making......Siege is what the canceled Rainbow Six: Patriots game turned into. I feel like at some point, they put in all the money and resources they could to warrant the Tom Clancy and Rainbow Six name, and threw it out there. Rebooted projects don't tend to turn out very good, let alone excellent like Siege has managed to.

A year later, they have a hit on their hands, and they are literally scrambling at every single update to fix or unfix whatever it is they just updated. Everything seems very "flying by the seat of our pants" with Siege.

Based on the reception and graph of the pop numbers, this sounds pretty possible. Ubi is definitely still getting it together with the whole games as a service thing. The Division has been pretty up and down over the course of its run as well.

Auctopus

Jesus playing Ranked solo is cancer. These teammates I'm getting have no idea what there doing and constantly leave making 4v5.

Yeah, I remember when I hit Level 50, I thought how ridiculously low Ranked minimum requirements are. After the free weekend, it needs to be about 50.

These first 10 games are going to be rough. Especially seeing as I can't play with my friends from outside the UK.

The useless players are on both sides luckily, we might be okay for unranked... maybe.

Foxxsoxx

These first 10 games are going to be rough. Especially seeing as I can't play with my friends from outside the UK.

Yeah I finished mine and got Gold 3 and just can't progress, I'm constantly in first but these teammates are leaving literally every match and get 1 maybe 2 kills per game. Frustrating to say the least, as some of these dudes seem like they've been playing maybe 5 hours but they're in the 100s...

Just came back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 on Bartlett ranked. This game delivers when it's not on fire!

I sent you a message earlier Auctopus about joining you but didn't get a reply... I get it I smell and you hate me :(

Auctopus

I sent you a message earlier Auctopus about joining you but didn't get a reply... I get it I smell and you hate me :(

Sorry, we were just about to head off. We'd been just doing 2v2 custom as for some reason the game still won't let Brits party up with Americans anymore.

Furio53

I picked this up this past weekend on sale on ps4, and have been having a blast. Not very good yet, but it's taken me by surprise by how fun it is.

Arttemis

How is it that this game can make you wait 4 minutes to find a match, but there's no audio cue letting you know the match was found and the character selection screen is up?

jay23

I purchased this game after the free weekend and I don't think I've played an entire game yet without someone quitting. What's up with that?

OG Kush

How is it that this game can make you wait 4 minutes to find a match, but there's no audio cue letting you know the match was found and the character selection screen is up?
People have mentioned this before but I swear when a match is found and there's 3 seconds or so till you enter the match and see the character selection screen, there's a few different audio beats and then chord or something and then the background noise/music slightly changes.

I guess it's not very noticeable and should be more significant, but it is there.

Soooo do we have a timeframe for the whole 'Alpha Pack' look-box system? I was under the impression that it'd be incorporated with Velvet Shell. Also, wasn't there going to be a UI update from the exp breakdown at the end of the match? I assume these are both mid-season reinforcement additions.

I purchased this game after the free weekend and I don't think I've played an entire game yet without someone quitting. What's up with that?

I guess there's a lot of new people that get salty when they're bested. Happened regularly when the game first came out, but everyone seemed to learn to be an adult. Guess the influx of new players makes it happen more often.

Auctopus

Soooo do we have a timeframe for the whole 'Alpha Pack' look-box system? I was under the impression that it'd be incorporated with Velvet Shell. Also, wasn't there going to be a UI update from the exp breakdown at the end of the match? I assume these are both mid-season reinforcement additions.

I know there's people looking forward to these but their whole content timeline should be halted right now to fix this mess they've made. If the game starts selling Alpha Packs whilst it's in this condition then I'd probably consider leaving - it'd be a pretty strong message from the developers.

mrproducto

Neo Member
Bought this around Christmastime, and dabbled a bit. I'm a longtime Clancy gamer, back to the original R6 days.

I find a lot of the randoms I end up playing with on Casual kind of obnoxious. I always preface the game by saying I'm a FNG, and they still yell and carry on like I should be an expert.

I was a bit surprised to be honest, I expected that from Overwatch or something, but thought the community here would be better. Guess it just pays to play with friends.

OG Kush

I know there's people looking forward to these but their whole content timeline should be halted right now to fix this mess they've made. If the game starts selling Alpha Packs whilst it's in this condition then I'd probably consider leaving - it'd be a pretty strong message from the developers.

Yeah definitely. Screw everything else at the moment and fix the goddamn game.
Funny video posted on reddit that sums up my feelings about this patch. I got this game in january 2016 and then stopped probably didn't play from march till June, but this patch seems like the worst one I've experienced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZfuNF-Imk

EL CUCO

Seeing a lot less roamers now that Jackal is in the mix.

I know you unlock a few skins and uniforms with the season pass, is there an easy way to find this stuff? I can't find it anywhere.

CrayToes

Seeing a lot less roamers now that Jackal is in the mix.

This is what Ubisoft obviously wants and I admire them for that. Siege is at it's best when It's attackers focusing mostly on one objective and not having to clear the whole map whilst watching every corner for roamers.

Arttemis

People have mentioned this before but I swear when a match is found and there's 3 seconds or so till you enter the match and see the character selection screen, there's a few different audio beats and then chord or something and then the background noise/music slightly changes.

I guess it's not very noticeable and should be more significant, but it is there.

It's not nearly enough! There's already weird ambient music with industrial-ish effects, and there no discernible difference to anyone who has looked away because they're tired of waiting minutes. Just a single voice cue of "Operators are standing by" would do the trick. Throw in some unique sound effect or noticeable background music, and there would be no problem at all.

So frustrating. I also can't believe the game doesn't auto-balance team population before the match starts when people quit.

Auctopus

lots of quitters/connection issues this morning. Rarely had a game finish 5-5.

Yeah, I've played about 8-10 games since the patch and nearly all of them have finished (and sometimes started) with uneven teams.

I thought I'd just play a game right now but got sick of the matchmaking screen after 5 minutes. Went to TH to do some Renown challenges and despite being connected to the nearest server, nobody in the match had <500 ping. Pretty broken game right now.

Arttemis

lots of quitters/connection issues this morning. Rarely had a game finish 5-5.

Yeah, I've played about 8-10 games since the patch and nearly all of them have finished (and sometimes started) with uneven teams.

I thought I'd just play a game right now but got sick of the matchmaking screen after 5 minutes. Went to TH to do some Renown challenges and despite being connected to the nearest server, nobody in the match had <500 ping. Pretty broken game right now.
Fuuuck me. I have lost 4/4 of my ranked matches, and I was actually on my way to an MVP this match but it boots me from the game a second after I land a headshot on the second to last enemy! Now the servers are listed as offline!

Animator

Bought this around Christmastime, and dabbled a bit. I'm a longtime Clancy gamer, back to the original R6 days.

I find a lot of the randoms I end up playing with on Casual kind of obnoxious. I always preface the game by saying I'm a FNG, and they still yell and carry on like I should be an expert.

I was a bit surprised to be honest, I expected that from Overwatch or something, but thought the community here would be better. Guess it just pays to play with friends.

Just like OW , Siege has a huge player base so you will run into assholes. Though I am playing solo ranked last couple days and vast majority of the people I meet are chill and awesome. It is a way better community than the shitty OW community where almost every ranked game I played is filled with assholes and armchair generals.

Top Bottom