• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I'm back online now, how long will the servers hold out for this time.

Edit: and they are down again, just managed to get friends in lobby then disconnected :-(

Auctopus

Yeah servers went down for that and were back up and running, this is a new crash since that planned maintenance.

251f7346bef745d41a893e056502589a.jpg

A community manager on the Ubisoft forums is recommending restarting your PS4. I'm going to, see if it helps.

I think I need to shelve the game for a couple days though. Hopefully they'll do another bonus event or give out a lot of boosters as this one has been a dud.

Disgraced

Bana feels like the best solo attacker if you can run her with the Nova and B. 9. A lot of utility there if you can manage it. If you have to be the lone wolf I say she's the one to run. She's definitely my own go-to these days if I'm playing casuals with the sort of disorganized teams expected there.

TheKeyPit

Banned
My skill is all over the place. I can make a comeback during a 1v4 and win the round and sometimes I spray like a moron and won't even hit the opponent once. It's probably a mix of opponent's movements + my mood + already too late to keep playing.

Pakoe

Trying out ranked, and getting matched with people with a level of 100-200.
I just reached 23 myself, so it's kind of unfair and i get my ass handed to me.
I hope after the placement rounds, my opponents are more on my level because this isn't fun at all.

My skill is all over the place. I can make a comeback during a 1v4 and win the round and sometimes I spray like a moron and won't even hit the opponent once. It's probably a mix of opponent's movements + my mood + already too late to keep playing.

Yea I'm the same.

One match I can go 8 kills 1 death, the next I'll go 0 - 3.

Auctopus

I hope after the placement rounds, my opponents are more on my level because this isn't fun at all.

You can't really be that surprised. When you're unranked, you can be playing against anyone who's unranked also. You're at the beginning of the season in a game that's been out since December 2015 being set up in games with people who have put in hundreds of hours. The way ranking tends to work is once you have a rank, you lose or gain points dependent on the skill of the enemy team. So let's take an extreme example...

You're Silver and for some reason, you're matched against a team with Diamonds. If you beat them, your score will increase quite dramatically. If you're pitted up against a team of Bronzes and you lose, you will lose points.

Whilst you're unranked, you're pretty much going in blind in matches until you have a rank. What your actual rank will be at the end of your ranking matches can sometimes surprise you, for the amount of faults the game has, it has a pretty fair ranking system compared to other games.

For what it's worth, I think Level 20 is way too early for Ranked (despite it being available). I think it should be raised to Level 50. I'm Level 70ish and I still learn important things every week. Additionally, if you're solo queuing, you're adding anothing RNG element to your success.

Dont get discouraged with being low level. Everyone had to start somewhere. I got called out for being a level 78 with some other high end players and guess what i ended up winning the last round we needed to win. If anything keep on unranked for a bit to level up and get used to the operators.

Aaaaaand servers are down again. More emergency maintenance. These servers have gone down every day since I've got the game.

Yep just managed to get on about half an hour ago to use up the last of my booster I fired up yesterday and servers are down now :-(

How can they require this many maintenances for a game that has been out so long, surely by now it should be running very smoothly.

Yep just managed to get on about half an hour ago to use up the last of my booster I fired up yesterday and servers are down now :-(

How can they require this many maintenances for a game that has been out so long, surely by now it should be running very smoothly.

Because it's fundamentally broken. Like CrayToes said earlier in the thread, they should skip this Season 2 nonsense and release R6S2 with a non-garbage engine. With a proper matchmaking setup.

LAM09

Aaaaaand servers are down again. More emergency maintenance. These servers have gone down every day since I've got the game.

Was thinking of firing it up as well. Ubi need to do something about their servers in general, as For Honor beta is a mess on PS4 too.

Because it's fundamentally broken. Like CrayToes said earlier in the thread, they should skip this Season 2 nonsense and release R6S2 with a non-garbage engine. With a proper matchmaking setup.

Yeah for sure the matchmaking is really something to behold in this day and ages with having to wait 5-10 mins in some cases between games. When people are used to other games where you litterally get thrown into matches in seconds from launching it is a bit of a jarring experience. It's a shame really as I find the actually gameplay amazing but having to fight my way through server and matchmaking issues just to play the damn game is dampening what would otherwise be a fantastic game.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yeah, I'm not spending 25k on any S1 operators on the assumption the 20 dollar bundle gets a sale or the renown price drops at some point

Auctopus

Yeah, I'm not spending 25k on any S1 operators on the assumption the 20 dollar bundle gets a sale or the renown price drops at some point

I really think S2 should get you the S1 Operators as well now. I've said it before but the game is balanced around these operators now and enticing players in to the game where they're being sold extra DLC that doesn't give them the whole game anymore is kinda sucky.

level doesn't matter

Every day after I bought this game the servers have been on and off for me on PS4.

Whenever I get to play I normally pick Mute and Thatcher and I'm enjoying them a lot.

EL CUCO

Every day after I bought this game the servers have been on and off for me on PS4.

Whenever I get to play I normally pick Mute and Thatcher and I'm enjoying them a lot.
Some people think its related to the For Honor open beta. I've been able to get on, but matchmaking can take its sweet time.

Rocketz

Got the renown bug so I called it quits for today. Xbox has been ok today. Sometimes takes a long time between matches as it tries to find one person plus dealing with people quitting out during match-making

Mira da god though. The vector is amazing.

nOoblet16

Anyone wants to play this on Xbox now?
I really think S2 should get you the S1 Operators as well now. I've said it before but the game is balanced around these operators now and enticing players in to the game where they're being sold extra DLC that doesn't give them the whole game anymore is kinda sucky.

That or they reduce the price of Season 1 DLC operators.

nahlakhai

As someone who recently switched over to PC, its time they made all of the original Operators included, and lowered the price on the Y1 DLC Operators. 25k made sence when you had like 3-4 months in between to grind out renown but for someone who is jumping in the game right now, they'd have to play forever to unlock everyone or pay ridiculous cash just to get the whole game.

Top Bottom