• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Auctopus

So, if the new operators are revealed at Pro League, that means, the earliest they'll be released is May 22nd.

Then Season Pass players get 7 day early-access which means the earliest that regular players will get the new operators is May 29th. That is barely May, ahah.

LAM09

That's because finals for the Pro league is coming up. They'll reveal stuff there.

I'm talking about teasers, leaks, etc.

So, if the new operators are revealed at Pro League, that means, the earliest they'll be released is May 22nd.

Then Season Pass players get 7 day early-access which means the earliest that regular players will get the new operators is May 29th. That is barely May, ahah.

I expect the release schedule to follow last year (month delay).

I'm still new to this (level 17), and while I'm comfortable on attack, I'm not on defence.
I have Doc, Rook, Kaplan, and Pulse unlocked, and while I enjoy Doc, I dunno if I should be roaming or camping the objective.

Who are the best solo queue defenders for beginners outside of any of those 4? Smoke and Jager seem interesting skill wise.

I'm still new to this (level 17), and while I'm comfortable on attack, I'm not on defence.
I have Doc, Rook, Kaplan, and Pulse unlocked, and while I enjoy Doc, I dunno if I should be roaming or camping the objective.

Who are the best solo queue defenders for beginners outside of any of those 4? Smoke and Jager seem interesting skill wise.

I'd say Rook is the best for getting comfortable with defence. His ability is useful in every situation, and requires no skill on your part to use (just so long as you remember to put your armour down!) and his MP5 is a superb all around weapon.

EDIT: Oh, you said outside of those 4, i thought you said out of those 4. My mistake. (Rook is still my answer)

I'd say Rook is the best for getting comfortable with defence. His ability is useful in every situation, and requires no skill on your part to use (just so long as you remember to put your armour down!) and his MP5 is a superb all around weapon.

EDIT: Oh, you said outside of those 4, i thought you said out of those 4. My mistake. (Rook is still my answer)

Oh, so his MP5 is the better weapon? I've been using the P90 with him.

Auctopus

I just chose the P90 because it's usually my go to gun on games that have it, like MGO2, MW3 etc.

The MP5 outperforms the P90 on versatility alone, whilst the fire-rate is impressive, it's near enough useless unless you're pretty close - especially if the opponent has picked something like an Ash, Hibana or Twitch. I'm always surprised by some of the lucky shots I'll pull off against even a Glaz with the MP5.

If you're still new to the game, I recommend buying Mute with an MP5 setup. I've been doing pretty well with that lately.

The MP5 outperforms the P90 on versatility alone, whilst the fire-rate is impressive, it's near enough useless unless you're pretty close - especially if the opponent has picked something like an Ash, Hibana or Twitch. I'm always surprised by some of the lucky shots I'll pull off against even a Glaz with the MP5.

If you're still new to the game, I recommend buying Mute with an MP5 setup. I've been doing pretty well with that lately.

Right, I'll try Mute as well. Thanks.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
got two more aces, such an andrenaline rush.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6HHHz7itRY

This videos you can hear my team mate saying "you got this" The scenario before was we were down 0-2, we made a comeback and 2 of our teammates left because they thought we were going to lose. The two of my team mates get taken out early and i said "i am so screwed, I don't go this", to which he said "nah man you got this" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pnITvGxFzc

Fury451

Banned
Just note, his each single jammer can defend two(!) reinforcements, if you place it in the middle of the them.

PLEASE heed this instruction. I'm baffled by how many people in Ranked (even ones who aren't new to the game) don't use Mute properly to jam walls, Castle barricades, or TWO metal barricades at once, instead preferring to use them for the relatively useless purpose of blocking drones and nothing else.

Also, don't deploy them before the round begins, and always hold on to one if possible. Otherwise a good Twitch or Thatcher will render him instantly useless.

PLEASE heed this instruction. I'm baffled by how many people in Ranked (even ones who aren't new to the game) don't use Mute properly to jam walls, Castle barricades, or TWO metal barricades at once, instead preferring to use them for the relatively useless purpose of blocking drones and nothing else.

Also, don't deploy them before the round begins, and always hold on to one if possible. Otherwise a good Twitch or Thatcher will render him instantly useless.

Hide them under a desk or something near a reinforced floor opening thing. Can be funny. Nobody expects it.

So, I decided to try the MP5 on Rook last night (I bought Mute too but other people picked him), and I found it a lot better, and even though we lost 2-3, I came first on our team in score and kills, so I'm happy with that.

I also bought Twitch for attack, who I'm finding fun to use. During the drone phase, I've basically been going around the map and shooting out cameras, then if someone finds the objective, I've been parking it close to it, but out of sight. When the action phase starts, I've been sticking to my team until we get close, then using my drone to clear gadgets from the objective/distract the enemy team while my team focuses on breaching/killing them. Is that sort of the right game plan for her?

Auctopus

I also bought Twitch for attack, who I'm finding fun to use. During the drone phase, I've basically been going around the map and shooting out cameras, then if someone finds the objective, I've been parking it close to it, but out of sight. When the action phase starts, I've been sticking to my team until we get close, then using my drone to clear gadgets from the objective/distract the enemy team while my team focuses on breaching/killing them. Is that sort of the right game plan for her?

Pretty much perfect, yeah.

Pretty much perfect, yeah.

Hey, I'm doing something right at least!

I'm still not familiar with maps properly yet, so locating the cameras is a bit tough for me, but from checking the feeds from when I die as a defender (so I've checked these feeds a lot lol), I can see that most big rooms and staircases usually have one, so that's ​helping a bit.

Fury451

Banned
Hide them under a desk or something near a reinforced floor opening thing. Can be funny. Nobody expects it.

I always wondered about this, but it seems like it would be really hard to do in most cases

So, I decided to try the MP5 on Rook last night (I bought Mute too but other people picked him), and I found it a lot better, and even though we lost 2-3, I came first on our team in score and kills, so I'm happy with that.

Yep, perfect plan. Now that she has two drones, keeping the first one alive for the initial phase is really key. I've gotten so many assist kills by distracting operators with the drone during breaching.

I always wondered about this, but it seems like it would be really hard to do in most cases

Yep, perfect plan. Now that she has two drones, keeping the first one alive for the initial phase is really key. I've gotten so many assist kills by distracting operators with the drone during breaching.

Yeah, I think that's why I ended up with a load of points. I'm definitely enjoying playing her, and she seems to be one of the most useful attack operators for a beginner like me. I also bought Fuze as well, to try a more offensive one, but I've not tried him yet.

When you drive a drone into a signal jammer, does that just cut the video feed, or do you lose control of the drone?

Also, I apologise for all these really basic questions. It's the first multiplayer game that I've played that's as fast paced and intense as this. I've played the other games in the series, mostly R6 on PS1 and Raven Shield on PC, but they're not as bad due to the fact that you can obviously go through at your own pace. I want to get decent at this, and I know from experience with other team based games, that having someone who isn't pulling their weight can be frustrating at times, and I hate being that guy.

Don't forget to save your twitch drone for Miras if there is any. Popping a Mira window open in the drone phase or start of round is such a huge advantage to the team and completely nullfies one of their operator's gadgets. It basically gives you two free hibana kill holes onto the objective.

It takes some proper positioning but if you get it right it'll tuck itself right where you want it. It's only good for a distraction though because most people will pick up on it but it is funny.

Don't forget to save your twitch drone for Miras if there is any. Popping a Mira window open in the drone phase or start of round is such a huge advantage to the team and completely nullfies one of their operator's gadgets. It basically gives you two free hibana kill holes onto the objective.

Oh, I didn't realise you could shatter her windows with it. That being said, I think I've only played 1 round against her so far (although she's been on my team a few times).

Auctopus

Oh, I didn't realise you could shatter her windows with it. That being said, I think I've only played 1 round against her so far (although she's been on my team a few times).

Just to clarify because of the way you phrased it...

On the Mira side of the Black Mirror, there is a small red tank, you shoot that with the Twitch - not the actual window.

Auctopus

r6_op_health_3pillars_vf_289784.png

Make of it what you will. When I first read the title, I thought "Operation Health" was the new DLC.

Turns out Hong Kong is pushed back to August.

Fury451

Banned
Yup. This is dumb. The game has a million issues that they should fix, but that shouldn't affect their character releases.

Mentioned this in the announcement thread, but if the team is relatively small, they would need to dedicate like this. The game didn't really pick up speed until like 6 months after release to become popular, so the team has probably been limited on resources

OG Kush

Yup. This is dumb. The game has a million issues that they should fix, but that shouldn't affect their character releases.

How so? I'd rather they dedicate all resources to actually fixing the game than trying to milk more money from users. On another note, I really wish they enabled a push to talk option on consoles. Really annoying that mics are always on. All they have to do is split the touch pad in half, one side for scoreboard and one side for push to talk.

Auctopus

Besides the delayed content, the thing I don't like about this image is it feels like they're advertising these bug fixes as "content". Without sounding entitled, these are fixes that they sort of "owe" us.

Not to mention that all the PS4/XONE stuff is stated to be available "when ready" so there's a good chance that console players go a whole Season without any "content" whatsoever.

I'll leave my whining there but this whole plan relies on one massive IF and this isn't the first time they've said they're gonna fix these things.

Fury451

Banned
Besides the delayed content, the thing I don't like about this image is it feels like they're advertising these bug fixes as "content". Without sounding entitled, these are fixes that they sort of "owe" us.

Not to mention that all the PS4/XONE stuff is stated to be available "when ready" so there's a good chance that console players go a whole Season without any "content" whatsoever.

I'll leave my whining there but this whole plan relies on one massive IF and this isn't the first time they've said they're gonna fix these things.

You're not wrong. The game at the very least should've been stable for a long time.

Really not sure how i feel about that long of a delay - I really don't think the two updates should be separate.

I'm also reading that they've dropped the Polish expansion completely now? Sorry this info came from reading the forums, they've just dropped the map - which is still quite an issue for me. They really should be dedicating more resources to the this project instead of gutting content to fix what should have been fixed a year ago. I would be rather upset if i'd have bought the season pass.

This development team seems determined to make being a fan of this game as challenging as possible.

CrayToes

Yes, because the content that we've received for Siege thus far has been amazing. We've had one or two good operators and 2 good maps in 18 months. New content isn't what's kept this game alive.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Really not sure how i feel about that long of a delay - I really don't think the two updates should be separate.

EDIT: I'm also reading that they've dropped the Polish expansion completely now? They really should be dedicating more resources to the this project instead of gutting content to fix what should have been fixed a year ago. I would be rather upset if i'd have bought the season pass.

This development team seems determined to make being a fan of this game as challenging as possible.
If they really dropped the Polish operators from Season 2, I'll try to get a refund for the season pass on Xbox.

fr0st

Banned
Dunno why they announced this so late instead of in early april so people wouldn't be mad about delaying the new operators

Top Bottom