• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainmaker Comes to Splatoon This Weekend

Are we sure Nintendo knows about this issue? I've had a look around and it feels like there are just a handful of EU players complaining about this
I've contacted Nintendo UK and they thought it was the servers (which makes no sense) and have now "escalated a full transcript of your comments to the relevant department" (which I've never seen result in action, even when it comes to clear cut mistakes like deciding to £=€ when the Denpa men went on sale meaning the advertised 20% discount was actually around 11% instead).

Edit: Just sound this reply from Nintendo from someone on reddit

That was posted 6 days ago, so it's not fixed, but at least they're aware of it
People keep passing that Nintendo UK response around. The problem is it is not clear what head office is as it could be just the office in Windsor let alone the NOE HQ in Germany nor NCL itself (which is the only part that can actually do anything).

Now if NOA knew. I'd be more confident. I did contact NOA by their form but they wanted me to phone instead which I'm not in a position to do. While it is mostly a European problem I am seeing Americans with the problem too.

Some of these people with problems only just got the game and thus don't know the game working prior to v2.0.0. That has not got to be good PR.

oni-link

I've contacted Nintendo UK and they thought it was the servers (which makes no sense) and have now "escalated a full transcript of your comments to the relevant department" (which I've never seen result in action, even when it comes to clear cut mistakes like deciding to £=€ when the Denpa men went on sale meaning the advertised 20% discount was actually around 11% instead).

People keep passing that Nintendo UK response around. The problem is it is not clear what head office is as it could be just the office in Windsor let alone the NOE HQ in Germany nor NCL itself (which is the only part that can actually do anything).

Now if NOA knew. I'd be more confident. I did contact NOA by their form but they wanted me to phone instead which I'm not in a position to do. While it is mostly a European problem I am seeing Americans with the problem too.

Some of these people with problems only just got the game and thus don't know the game working prior to v2.0.0. That has not got to be good PR.

Where did you go to message NIntendo UK, I had a quick look before work but didn't find anywhere

Even if this is only an issue for 3% of players that is a huge deal, considering it makes the game impossible to play, it would be like MK8 kicking you from all onlines races at the start of the 2nd lap, it will drive players away for good if it's not resolved quickly, and it's been over a week now

Maybe when 2.1 is out that will fix it, but who knows when that will be?

Hopefully they add a fix with the rainmaker update. I know Nintendo were late to online games but this is pretty serious, imagine if CoD or FIFA had an issue where a lot of players were unable to finish a single match 90% of the time, something like that would be resolved in hours, not weeks

I echo the comments before this one, I really do wonder if it's actually been passed on to the Splatoon development team. Though if it's gone to the "head office" (which could be NoE in Germany) maybe it's gone to NCL, and then through to the team working on Splatoon. Hope so.

I played a few matches last night. As usual, turf war just doesn't work at all, but I got in ranked battles 70% of the time. Didn't stop me from now moving down to a B- rank. I'm almost back on C+ now. Sigh...

Here is footage of a match that goes into overtime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36dJbtsvf4&feature=youtu.be
Am I right in noticing they could fire the rainmaker partly charged?

Also hacker NWPLayer123 has looked at the mode including how big the initial opening blast is (if I'm right isn't this BDZ style beam wars) are and where the goal is one a few maps. I won't post as spoilers and all but look at their twitter timeline.

Where did you go to message NIntendo UK, I had a quick look before work but didn't find anywhere
customer-support@nintendo.co.uk

Anyone know if Splatoon's working again for the minority of affected players post Rainmaker update? I've packed away the game for the time being because I keep getting burned by disconnects. Down to a B- on ranked battles from an A-, now close to a C+. And Ranked battle was the only mode that worked a sizeable chunk of the time.

Anyone know if Splatoon's working again for the minority of affected players post Rainmaker update? I've packed away the game for the time being because I keep getting burned by disconnects. Down to a B- on ranked battles from an A-, now close to a C+. And Ranked battle was the only mode that worked a sizeable chunk of the time.

Only played a ranked session and no disconnects at all.

I just tried the Testfire and that worked perfectly. It was based on ver 1 of the game. Back to my disc copy and the first match had an unstable connection.

I really hope this will actually get fixed soon, or in the next point update for the game.

Top Bottom