• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raj Patel (Xbox Canada CM) tease something on Twitter.

bombshell

Maybe it was a crazy coincidence, but the logos are different.

DnulQuv.jpg

original tweet
https://twitter.com/AnonymousUK2015/status/558272772548603904/photo/1

Activision could have altered the logo a bit between that tweet leak and today just so it would seem different :)

Dawg

Is it a "2" or are they just trolling and is it a pause mark? :p

Black Ops 2 was revealed with morse code btw.

Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-2-Confirmed-by-Morse-Code-on-Official-Website-2.jpg

MS can afford it. It all depends on their willingness. They have had great success with the marketing aspect of it. A holiday exclusive ruse can work. Keeping the game 2 months out of your main competitors platform at the right price to maximize holiday sales like in 2014 can be a strategy in order.

The amount of revenue lost from keeping CoD off PS3 and PS4 for the holidays is probably somewhere in the realm of $400-$600 million. No one is spending that kind of money for a time exclusive of a single game. Assuming that MS reimbursed Activision to the tune of half of that (because the delay out of the holidays would certainly hurt PS sales before the end of the fiscal year), that's still the amount of money that could be used to finance 5-10 brand new AAA games.

Not worth it for a declining franchise.

jbug617

Banned
Would they really start teasing a May reveal so early though?

edit: Microsoft is the one to reveal the next COD for the past couple of yrs. It doesn't mean anything exclusive other than first access to maps.

Megasoum

Banned
Would they really start teasing a May reveal so early though?

edit: Microsoft is the one to reveal the next COD for the past couple of yrs. It doesn't mean anything exclusive other than first access to maps.

Well whatever it end up being, there's no denying the fact that it's teasing something that will be revealed in May.

Theonik

Well if it were World at War I'd welcome it with open arms. Kinda weird in hindsight as I really disliked WaW when it came out for being bad, but now I am willing to take any WWII I can get my hands on.

Chris1

The amount of revenue lost from keeping CoD off PS3 and PS4 for the holidays is probably somewhere in the realm of $400-$600 million. No one is spending that kind of money for a time exclusive of a single game. Assuming that MS reimbursed Activision to the tune of half of that (because the delay out of the holidays would certainly hurt PS sales before the end of the fiscal year), that's still the amount of money that could be used to finance 5-10 brand new AAA games.

It might be declining, but it's still going to be the biggest selling game of 2015.

I doubt it's exclusive though, if anything, MS will probably pay to get it next gen only if it isn't already and offer a good bundle to get the xbox 360 owners to jump on board since 360 AW has sold the most. But actual exclusive? I doubt it, not when they have Halo5 dropping aswell in that timeframe.

Kiljaro

First line is "PRESENTED BY XBOX".

My guess at the moment is Perfect Dark II. I need more time to finishing translating.

All this shit taste in this thread.

World at War was the tits. Blops and Blops 2 were great successors, but W@W was fun as hell. I lived the gibs with shotguns and explosions, War was the best game mode, weapons were all great, MP40 was a literal God. And since, yknow. They're the same company and in the same universe it's not like it's not going to continue on Blops2's formula or anything.

That is. If it's even World at War 2. I want to believe.

yooo i would be so hype for World at War II if they bring it back to the basics. still my favourite COD game when it comes to multiplayer. but then again, Black Ops 1 felt like a worthy sequel to World at War and still felt similar in terms of map design/game mechanics. Black Ops II went in a whole different direction though.

I'd love it if it were World at War 2. The first one was the last CoD that I really got into.(BO2 and MW2 were alright too but eh)

Edit: At the same time though, I'm hoping it's not CoD.

GnawtyDog

Banned

I stopped paying attention to logic when MS bought Minecraft and Mojang. So I am free now to make wild speculations about crazy things.

Top Bottom