• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
There was a GAF account assisted-suicide like 5 posts back, and everyone just moved on like nothing happened. Where is your compassion GAF?

I saw a couple posts directed at him with a hand weave which confused me. Any context?

Last edited:

Mitsurux

Going on a short overnight trip this weekend, and I think I'm going to dust off my 3DS and bring it along for the ride.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Unfathomably based.

Lol. It's funny since recently I had a talk with my dad in which he mentioned that he can't phantom (no pun intended) drinking coffee without a cookie. I was like that's so oldskool dad!
Which it isn't really but he has that really strong association. Kinda sweet <3

diffusionx

Gold Member
I switched jobs recently and the way modern computer programs operate is just so annoying. Especially Microsoft's shit. Like Teams with the constant pop-ups for features and the cutesy speak ("Got it!" To dismiss prompts), the "guided tours" that you have to click through, and that nauseating corporate art, apps and websites have no color or design, just shades of gray, it's really bad. I guess I never noticed until I was assaulted by all this stuff all at once.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
I switched jobs recently and the way modern computer programs operate is just so annoying. Especially Microsoft's shit. Like Teams with the constant pop-ups for features and the cutesy speak ("Got it!" To dismiss prompts), the "guided tours" that you have to click through, and that nauseating corporate art, apps and websites have no color or design, just shades of gray, it's really bad. I guess I never noticed until I was assaulted by all this stuff all at once.
I would totally run company coms on discord.
Fuck business software

Nydius

Our 14 year old cat is dying and may not make it through the weekend. If she does, I'll be taking her to the vet Monday to end her pain and suffering. I've made peace with it but I'm sad for my wife because this is the second time she's been in the hospital when a pet has passed away without the ability to say goodbye.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Our 14 year old cat is dying and may not make it through the weekend. If she does, I'll be taking her to the vet Monday to end her pain and suffering. I've made peace with it but I'm sad for my wife because this is the second time she's been in the hospital when a pet has passed away without the ability to say goodbye.

Fuck dude. I'm so sorry.
I've been there. And in a few years (🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽) again. I try not think about it but yeah.. one of my mom's (mimi) was put to sleep less than 2 weeks ago. I'm so sorry man.. heartbreaking.. wish you and your misses all the love and strength. Sigh..

I Love You Hug GIF by Chubbiverse

😥💗

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
We welcome pets in our lives fully knowing they will pass away before us.
And that's because of the pure Love they give us makes it all worth it.

My thoughts are with you during that difficult time.

Nydius

Fuck dude. I'm so sorry.
I've been there. And in a few years (🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽) again. I try not think about it but yeah.. one of my mom's (mimi) was put to sleep less than 2 weeks ago. I'm so sorry man.. heartbreaking.. wish you and your misses all the love and strength. Sigh..

I Love You Hug GIF by Chubbiverse

😥💗

We welcome pets in our lives fully knowing they will pass away before us.
And that's because of the pure Love they give us makes it all worth it.

My thoughts are with you during that difficult time.

Thanks to you both. She passed today after barely making it through the weekend. The veterinarian offered a necropsy on his dime because she went downhill so fast but the prevailing thought is she had acute kidney failure. She's had kidney issues in the past and this decline happened vert fast (within 1-1.5 weeks). Edit: My wife got to say goodbye over Facetime last night because she had a second ankle surgery scheduled for this morning (which I'm waiting to hear about).

Here's my old cat when she was much younger.

23cj8Jy.jpg

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sorry man... (huge sigh)

My baby girl is 13 and my dearest love. She had a grade 1 tumor next to her eye. We had it removed but the surgeon fucked up and it has grown back as you will see in the below picture. Since a year I've seen a slow but steadily decline and altough she's still relatively pretty cognitive at this point... you know it's coming...

My baby girl half maine coon half somali. Djhéla

Elon Muskrat now wants to hire 100 people to police content on Twitter.

Either he is lying to please advertisers, or he doesn't understand the scale of the problem, and needed all of those content moderators he fired when he first bought X.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The ex husband of a woman my wife knows was arrested today for embezzling over 1.5 million dollars from a Toyota dealership. I helped this guy move his furniture into a million dollar home years ago. I always thought he was just well off. Turns out he was pocketing the cash deposit customers made on their vehicles. I saw his arrest info on the county sheriff’s website and it’s like 10 counts of unlawful theft. The whole thing blew up when the car dealership came up short and they did an investigation. Crazy huh?

Nydius

I’m so burnt out from playing the caregiver role to someone who is completely stubborn and refuses to listen to her doctors.

I don’t know if that makes me a bad person but I’m just so fed up. Like, how do you devote your time and care to someone who can’t even be bothered to follow the bare minimum asked of them by their medical professionals?

Mitsurux

Godmode folder in Windows 11 is a real thing.... and actually quite useful. Never knew it existed.

Create a new folder on you desk top and name it: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Pretty amazing.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
If there was a tribe of people who took LSD daily and raised someone who never took it, would the LSD-abstainer see the world as if they were tripping?

In the above case, is what they're seeing reality? Just a different slice of it?

The Christian idea of Heaven sounds a lot like combining with the Godhead to where all is revealed, e.g., reality is seen in full. They don't teach it that way in Sunday school, but it slots in with the idea of universal consciousness seen in other religions.

Anyway, Arkham Knight is a badass game even 8 years on.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
When browsing Netflix I always stumble on neverending Liam Neeson "straight to video" action movies I wasn't aware of (Blacklight, The Ice Road, Honest Thief, Cold Pursuit etc...).

I wanna see Taken 4 where he gets abducted by aliens and just fucks their shit up.

Mitsurux

Had to have the Hyden Christensen/Sebastian Shaw Episode VI "Force Ghost" talk with my daughter this morning. As a parent you try your best to be prepared for such things, but it really just came out of the blue. I did my best, I think Alec Guinness would have approved.

Roxkis_ii

Man, writing papers was such a a weak point for me in school. I'm so jealous of kids in school now with access to AI.

It would have saved me from summer school in high school all those years ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom