• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Responds To Fan’s Request Of A Banjo-Kazooie Remake For Nintendo 3DS

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
While seeing the Banjo games in 3d would be neat, they would probably cost a good deal more on 3DS than they currently do on XBLA. That would be enough to dissuade me from getting it on the 3DS, although having a classic 3d platformer on the go would have its benefits.

I bet that Rare could handle this well enough in its current state, but I wouldn't be confident in asking for much more. Rare has been hollowed out to such an extent that it is indistinguishable from the Rare of five years ago, let alone the Rare that tore up the N64. It would be counterproductive to get excited about any future output from the studio before release because, in effect, they are an unproven studio.

Apparently Kinect Sports is one of the better Kinect games, but the one time I played it at a friend's house, it was pretty busted (though most of that was probably the Kinect). They've taken some huge hits in talent even since then, so who can say what quality they are capable of producing in a game for the next Xbox?

Dwingvatt

Banned
Because Banjo was clearly a spin-off of DKC in spirit (I know about Dream, but Banjo even first appeared in DKR), Banjo as a whole looks like something Nintendo would've created, because the games apparently used the Mario 64 engine (read this somewhere), because Nintendo is where platformers flourish and some of if not the best ones are on?

Banjo to me IS a Nintendo franchise that was robbed from them, I'd argue that Banjo would NOT exist if it wasn't for Nintendo, had the legendary partnership never had taken place, Rare would either not be the success they were, or possibly have even been shut down long ago.

Plus I'm pretty sure Nintendo had a huge positive influence on Rare, even going as far to suggest Dinosaur Planet be a SF game (for better or worse), and DP would've gone to MS had this not happened, Nintendo clearly influenced Rare, and Rare's greatest successes and most memorable franchises were created under Nintendo's wing.

Rare WAS Nintendo, those two saw eye-to-eye, had very similar philosophies, etc.

MS was the worst thing to happen to Rare, I would not be surprised if even the Stampers regret the sale (it was them who started it), Rare's biggest names sure do (Grant Kirkhope and Chris Seavor to name a few).

This is why Banjo does not feel right on the 360.

I'm sorry but that is bollocks. That logic doesn't make sense at all because a game is a game no matter what console you play it on. Your argument would've had more ground if it dealt more with controller preferences.

Top Bottom