• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

NinjaBoiX

l.jpg

iu00oElWFz7dD.gif

lingiii

Banned
far too many people saying Radiant Historia for that to count.

I've got Ogre Battle 64, which I know was a limited run. Also that Diamond Trust of London game, which is sort of a curio as far as this conversation goes because it wasn't ever available at retail.

Edit: in fact, Diamond Trust of London is still available! http://diamondtrustgame.com/buy.php guess that doesn't count now, but probably will eventually.

BosSin

I guess the rarest games I own are near mint condition PAL versions of Earthworm Jim and Earthworm Jim 2 for the MegaDrive

I also have a copy of Star Trek Birth of the Federation for PC, but sadly without the big cardboard box to put it in, so it loses a lot of its value...

Brofist, I have no 2 sans the booklet.
Found it in my cousin's attic and he let me have it. The top of the cartridge label was peeling off and I tried putting it back on, but the glue I used was no good. It's now taped on and darkened.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
here's my rarest:

bought it years ago for $30. had no idea it would become super expensive. I used to have Gameboy Megaman 5 complete in box too, but i sold it about 10 years ago. :(

Sakaguchi signed copy of FF7 for PC :)
Signed copy of PES by Messi lol
Plus a lot of shmups, metal gears, weird press kits and more. But my favourite rarest game is SEGAGAGA :D

sggg.jpg

Rule of Rose. I don't know if I'll ever actually play it,
but it looked interesting on youtube.

After that...Well I don't know if they are rare exactly,
but I've got the Super Famicom version of Super Metroid
and Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo and Seisen no Keifu.
All in excellent condition.

Was considering getting Thracia too, but that would have
been obscenely expensive...

- Premium Packages for MGS1 - MGS3
- MGS3 Subsistence LE (Actually own the US & JP versions)
- 20th Anniversary Set for MGS
- 20th Anniversary MGS games (MGS, MGS2, MGS3, Portable Ops)
- MGS: Ghost Babel (mint in box)
- Boktai 1 & 2 (mint in box)
- Lunar Knights DS
- 1st Run Phoenix Wright games 1-4

But right now?

C113998E-90D7-45E9-8F49-D3C6C28A3108-580-00000086111F9AF5_zps535aa326.jpg

Gamejunky

Chrono Trigger SNES
Super Mario RPG
Wild Guns
Snatcher
Christmas Nights
Intelligent Qube
Lunar Silver Star Story (Both PSX and Sega CD versions)
Suikoden II
Klonoa II Unopened
Rez PS2 Unopened

Not really sure which one would be considered the "rarest"

I owned Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence LE for awhile. I bought it at release from Game Stop during the well known pre-order fiasco. I ended up selling it for a for a price that I could live with. I'm glad I did. It allowed me to finally chase down a complete Guardian Heroes (Saturn) and a couple of other games.

Today? My rarest game is probably...

DSC06343.jpg

DSC06346.jpg

I think there is precisely ONE copy of this game, sealed and signed by Mitsuharu Misawa (the squiggles over the title, and he died about a year after signing it and is also one of the 4 cover guys) as well as Samoa Joe, Curry Man (Christopher Daniels) & Takeshi Morishima.

This right here. Thing of beauty.

Kainazzo

Rarest single game? Probably either my MVS copy of Gunlord or Fast Striker. Otherwise, I also have:

-N64 DD with complete collection.
-Wide Boy 64 (GBC version, not Advance)

Have plenty of uncommon games like Super Mario RPG, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Lunar II for the Sega CD, but the four above are the only ones that I can't find with just a quick hop to eBay.

Cookie18

I suppose the Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles. I've left the Wizards Edition sealed, I don't know what to do with it. I hope to play Xenoblade at some point.

In answer to the question I have all kinds of rare stuff.

Dead space ultra limited edition
Mgs3 subsistence le
Earthbound
Chrono trigger complete and a loose copy
Every working designs NTSC release with the exception of magic knight rayearth
Every atlus release since
Every square soft release since snes
Sideshow tychus findlay
Sideshow diablo overthrown
3a metal gear Rex

I know there's a lot more that I'm forgetting.

Either my copy of Trizeal with the bandana and OST selection or the NA Rage of the Dragons AES with that t-shirt.

Edit: The Crystal System with Crystal of the Kings is rare?! Holy god, I should sell that ASAP.

RazorK1d

Earthbound for SNES complete with the strategy guide that came with it. Also apparently Xenoblade, which I just picked up one of 2 (!) remaining copies in GameStop's entire inventory. They sent for the game from Alabama and I live in Vermont if that's any indication for you. It sells for $100 on Amazon now.

NFreak

I've been looking through my DS games lately and was surprised to see how many of them were going for more than their original retail price. Most of the Atlus titles I own on the DS are up there in price and was surprised by how much Okamiden was.

Top Bottom