• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One - New Screens & Art (April 2011)

SykoTech said:
And this is why the Internet exist. I'll be up for some online co-op with you and anyone else once the game comes out. No real life friends necessary!

Me too! I need some new internet friends. And Ratchet & Clank co-op is the best way to meet new friends!

Okay, maybe not the best way, but definitely in the top 5%.

SykoTech

Nice to know character specific abilities are in. Looks like Clank hasn't completely ditched his time manipulating powers after all.

Fularu

Banned
8 Ratchet and Clank games in 9 years (without even counting the PSP entries)... talk about milking...

The game looks nice though, I hope it feels fresher than the last few entries.

BluWacky

Fularu said:
8 Ratchet and Clank games in 9 years (without even counting the PSP entries)... talk about milking...

They are all essentially the same game, as well. And yet I have bought all except Gladiator. So who's the fool here? :(

I'll be buying this one on release as well :(

KAL2006

Banned
I can count 6 mainline R&C games, the first 3 on PS2 and the 3 sequels on PS3, but even this game at least it is something completely different with it's multiplayer aspect.

Quest for Booty don't really count as it is just a 3 hour PSN game
Deadlocked was a spin off
PSP handheld games are also basically handheld spin offs

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The first two screens look absolutely fantastic, number two in particular, and most of the concept art is ace. The rest...all bug me slightly for various reasons.

Some great art direction overall though.

Duffyside

Banned
Fularu said:
And yet, I find myself worrying now that Insomniac is third party developer, and with the lack of success the series has had recently, is Ratchet done for?

SykoTech

KAL2006 said:
I can count 6 mainline R&C games, the first 3 on PS2 and the 3 sequels on PS3, but even this game at least it is something completely different with it's multiplayer aspect.

Quest for Booty don't really count as it is just a 3 hour PSN game
Deadlocked was a spin off
PSP handheld games are also basically handheld spin offs

Yeah, Quest for Booty was pretty much Tools of Destruction. Wrench mechanics aside, everything was recycled from ToD and only 2-3 hours long. The PSP games were outcourced, forgettable, and unrecognized by Insomniac (Secret Agent CLank was an obvious spinoff anyway). Deadlocked was a spinoff, and so is All 4 One.

So 5 games if you're only counting the mainline ones.

Dynedom

Super excited about this game. Don't give a crap about the handheld games at all. As far as I'm concerned, this is their 7th full length console outing (but only the third this gen) so the series doesn't feel stale to me at all.

A Crack In Time is actually one of my favorite games this gen.

I just hope this comes together well. If it suffers from horrible FR problems, I will cry. :(

Tizoc

The boxart and release date were posted on the EU and US blogs.
Also it seems EU ver. will, depending on retailer, have codes to unlock certain weapons, including everyone's favourite friend
Mr. Zurkon <3

Top Bottom