• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Hits PS3 November 12th

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Phew, glad they decided to release this during a week when nothing interesting is coming out. It would have gotten overlooked otherwise.

To me this is Insomniac throwing Playstation fans a bone, while they move on to new brighter Microsoft shores and new exclusive IPs. That's what I think.

Ratchet and Clank is a bone? Nah Ratchet and Clank is the meat. Its like Insomniacs mascot (sorry spyro) and what they are known for. I don't care of the rest of their games are all exclusives to XB1, as long as they continue making Ratchet and Clank they will still remain as one of my favourite devs.

V_Ben

Banned
I played through the full demo they had at the Eurogamer expo, can safely say that i'm super excited for the final product. Felt like old ratchet, they nailed it.

Toppot

I'm not interested in this game anymore.

Don't let that put you off, from what I hear they extensively replayed the Future Trilogy to make sure they got the same feel as the games had when they were made in Burbank.

Or at least see what reviews, and fellow Gaffers, says.

Ridley327

I'm not interested in this game anymore.

To be fair, the reason why A4O and FFA were bad was because they strayed way too far from what the series has been about. At worst, they're at least aping a familiar, successful template this time around.

Takao

Banned
No SCE logo? Welp, I guess Ratchet IS coming to XB1:

10059892406_b5c5ebd5e3_o.png

d31m0s

oh god, this makes me want to go down the Ratchet rabbithole so badly. Played all 3 original games during the summer and loved them. Now I have to play the PS3 ones.

I sold my 360 and all my games and got all of them with a ps3 and few other games best decision i ever made

I should note for you East Coast people. Community Day. This month. I'm flying out to partake in it, and of course, the North Carolina BBQ (and probably a Zaxby's Lunch... god I miss Zaxby's)

http://www.insomniacgames.com/insomniac-north-carolina-community-day-and-escapist-expo/

I just ordered a ticket for it. Really looking forward to it! :D

Oh sweet, beers with James! See you in a few weeks.

Getting this day 1, can't wait to play it at Community day. Flight will be well worth it.

I'll buy you a beer of your choice. :)

rjc571

Banned
well-trodden debate. I think we used the extra resources to resounding effects. It's definitely the most gorgeous Ratchet game. Some of the lighting and stuff going on is just really beautiful.

So you feel that graphics are more important than gameplay? Is this Insomniac Games' official policy?

Aiming for 30 fps may allow you to make the game look better in screens, but in motion it's going to look so much worse than all of the other Ratchet games do on my TV, running at 60 glorious frames per second. Not to mention play worse, as well.

Toppot

Can't wait.

Wondering if I should wait though for the inevitable PS Plus discount.

Preordering a game is really important to developers/publishers. The more people that pre-order the more they will print in a first run, the more retailers will want to advertise it/give it space in-store/online and the more budget the publisher will put towards marketing it. This ultimately leads to the game selling more, the developer and publisher making more money and a higher chance of newer, bigger and better games in the series.

8byte

Banned
So you feel that graphics are more important than gameplay? Is this Insomniac Games' official policy?

Aiming for 30 fps may allow you to make the game look better in screens, but in motion it's going to look so much worse than all of the other Ratchet games do on my TV, running at 60 glorious frames per second. Not to mention play worse, as well.

Subjective.

Toppot

Wonder how long it'll be? Old school Ratchet games were like 6-8 hours iirc.

Its longer than Quest For Booty but smaller than A Crack In Time. Hours it takes will vary wildly from person to person and what they consider complete. The game will have a challenge mode I believe so there should be a lot more replay value than Q4B, along with a deeper gameplay experience and multiple paths on planets.

If I was to guess I would say about 3-4 hours, that would put it somewhere between a small R&C game and a large R&C game, though there is probably many more hours entertainment there if you go for everything.

Satchel

Banned
Preordering a game is really important to developers/publishers. The more people that pre-order the more they will print in a first run, the more retailers will want to advertise it/give it space in-store/online and the more budget the publisher will put towards marketing it. This ultimately leads to the game selling more, the developer and publisher making more money and a higher chance of newer, bigger and better games in the series.

I know, but I also have my own finances to worry about.

It won't be $30 AU though so I'll see what our price is.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I love Ratchet and Clank and at this point are really the only series left fulfilling my 3D Platformer needs. I just picked up Pupeteer so that should hold over until November.

8byte

Banned
I can't wait to live stream this. I hope it has some sort of timer ala FFA so speed runs will be fun to do. That was probably the best part of FFA, though I suppose due to the structure of that game it made a lot of sense. Still, cannot wait for this.

Thinking it'll be a 4 hour experience, and Insomniac will probably have some cool unlockables and trophies for the completionist in me, so I won't have to worry about getting my value out of it. Heck, at $30 I'd be good with just a 4-5 hour campaign.

spwolf

Yes.

They made All4One & FFA.

My kids loved A4O and they would love another RC but not if they had to play alone, unfortunately. I know a lot of people wanted single player RC and didnt like A4O, but it was one of the few games that was family friendly.

I cant think of anything else like it, except for Rayman.

Toppot

My kids loved A4O and they would love another RC but not if they had to play alone, unfortunately. I know a lot of people wanted single player RC and didnt like A4O, but it was one of the few games that was family friendly.

I cant think of anything else like it, except for Rayman.

LittleBigPlanet(1/2 and soon HUB), Toy Story 3 (Can be 2 player in Toy Box Mode), Disney Universe, Lego games like Harry Potter and Pirates of the Carribean (2 Player)

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DIDNT MAKE AN UPREZZED PS4 VERSION OF THIS!?!?!

It seems like such a smart move. Make the graphics look better with a high resolution , some higher poly models and some newer effects and voila! A solid PS4 release.

Just putting it out on PS3 and not PS4 is dumb. If Sony wants to keep supporting PS3, then fine, but AT LEAST put the games out on PS4 too. If even, just a somewhat upscaled version of the same title.

It seems like such a smart move. Make the graphics look better with a high resolution , some higher poly models and some newer effects and voila! A solid PS4 release.

Just putting it out on PS3 and not PS4 is dumb. If Sony wants to keep supporting PS3, then fine, but AT LEAST put the games out on PS4 too. If even, just a somewhat upscaled version of the same title.

I believe port-begging is bannable, not sure. Either way, it's unbecoming.

Vashetti

Banned

It's not easy to port PS3 games to PS4. It costs time and money.

Money they may never see a return on as the PS4 userbase is obviously going to be low to begin with.

They chose to go with PS3 as they are most familiar with that platform and the 80 million userbase cannot be ignored.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, I can't handle the hype :( I really want to play a Ratchet game RIGHT NOW. Don't wanna start ToD or ACiT :(

Top Bottom