• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Hits PS3 November 12th

Dinjooh

Ahh Ratchet, why do you make such good avatars.

Anywho; surely getting this, something to play untill Ps4 launches.

Totally getting this, man between Beyond, Puppeteer, R&C and rain one would think PS4 is a year or two away still.

I actually ended up canceling my PS4 preorder as there were too many PS3 games I wanted to play this Fall, and not a single PS4 game that interested me until Infamous.

Ark

Havn't found it anywhere else to compare with yet but amazon uk have it at £16.60 which seems like a very good conversion from €29.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FLL8G9K/

ShopTo have had it up for a couple weeks now for around £19.99. I figured I'd wait for a solid release date before placing my pre-order. Thankfully Amazon finally put it up today so I pre-ordered it from them just now.

Fantastic deal to be honest.

VeeP

We would love for there to be a Vita version. But it has to be up to the quality our fans expect and deserve

ESRB recently rated Into the Nexus for Vita, PS3, and mobile phones. Can you comment on that or anything? Mistake, wait and see, its happening, etc.

reKon

Banned
THE GAME IS PRACTICALLY FREE.

I'm really excited for this though. The last couple R&C left me heartbroken. Hopefully this is proof that still have what it takes to make great games.

I hope you're not referring to ACiT because that was easily the best Ratchet and Clank game they've ever created. I might go back and replay it on a harder difficulty one day because it was grand, fun game with some refreshing gameplay concepts (for a Ratchet game) and really great puzzles.

Silky

Banned
Insomniac till I die. Definitely picking two copies up (digital and physical.). Haven't steered me wrong yet.

FFA and All 4 One had co-op right? I thought they would continue on this path. Never played a Ratchet game before that.

Well understand those were spinoff multiplayer iterations. Previous to that there were 5+ single player games with no co-op to speak of (online multiplayer aside for like two PS2 titles) that the franchise was very well known for. I'm not going to try to convince you of the value and entertainment singleplayer focused games are capable of, but Nexus has been touted as a return to classic single player Ratchet gameplay from day one. It's like me walking into a TLoU thread a week from launch and complaining about no co-op in the campaign mode. You're missing out on some of the most exciting, high quality platformers this gen and last gen had to offer with your 'skip coop-less games' policy though.

Well... Okay... that we know of.

I'm assuming you guys are going to be too busy elsewhere for the next couple of years or so, so at the very least this'll likely be the last for quite some time... no?

They have like, two huge studios dude.

DigitalOp

Banned
Thanks jstevenson. One of the coolest aspects of GAF is having the chance to interact with some of the creators involved. Your time is appreciated.

This has been shaping up well. Im still a schmuck and have to go through R&CHD collection still... AND pick up the PS3 Ratchets but I'll def pick this up in November because I support the hell out of mid-tier games.

I think they are a super smart market to infiltrate and allow good ideas to get out without being weighed down by the developement process of a AAA. For 30 bucks, Its really a no brainer...

Unless you have a Vita version coming soon..... :p

Silky

Banned
Well... Okay... that we know of.

I'm assuming you guys are going to be too busy elsewhere for the next couple of years or so, so at the very least this'll likely be the last for quite some time... no?

How small do you think Insomniac are?

Also: I hope there's a R&C Future Collection in the future. Tools, Booty, Crack, and Nexus for like $40? That'd be stellar.

Vashetti

Banned
Is this going to be native 720p?

I know all the future titles were sub-720p. They looked great, but hitting 720p is quite important too.

Dinjooh

I hope you're not referring to ACiT because that was easily the best Ratchet and Clank game they've ever created. I might go back and replay it on a harder difficulty one day because it was grand, fun game with some refreshing gameplay concepts (for a Ratchet game) and really great puzzles.

Sadly the hard difficulty in that game isn't that hard, but yes - it's definitely the best R&C game i've played.

Why on earth is the only version I can find of this game on searches this? Yet that direct link works.
I can't find the PS3 version regularly to save my life, and I'm pretty sure that tab says PSV.

Also, is that Amazon bonus available in the UK? I can't see it in the description.

VanWinkle

We would love for there to be a Vita version. But it has to be up to the quality our fans expect and deserve

Man it would just be so great to actually have a Ratchet and Clank game on the Vita. Hope we will see that.

Still looking forward to this, though.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Havn't found it anywhere else to compare with yet but amazon uk have it at £16.60 which seems like a very good conversion from €29.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FLL8G9K/
ShopTo have had it up for a couple weeks now for around £19.99. I figured I'd wait for a solid release date before placing my pre-order. Thankfully Amazon finally put it up today so I pre-ordered it from them just now.

Fantastic deal to be honest.

Damn, £16-£20 is a fantastic price, will definitely be picking this up for that price, hopefully it can live up to the fantastic aCiT.

Vashetti

Banned

tumblr_mlrfsx5lAI1qcakl4o1_500.gif

Twio

Alright I'm hyped. It seems like it's going to have a Dead Space sort of vibe (at times) which is really awesome.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Alright I'm hyped. It seems like it's going to have a Dead Space sort of vibe (at times) which is really awesome.

Well, don't think horror. Think creepy / spooky. Perfect for Halloweentime (even if we are a little after Halloween on nov 12th)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Are you ever going to do anything with the Angela character?

Pretty sure she was confirmed to be a lombax, right?

There was a radio message or something in ACIT that implied she had gone with Max Apogee into another dimension already, I believe

Possum

There was a radio message or something in ACIT that implied she had gone with Max Apogee into another dimension already, I believe

With Thugs-4-Less making a return, can we expect to see the Thug Leader back in action as well, or will the Progs just be acting as their "bosses" here?

Vashetti

Banned

I believe Tachyon got sucked into another dimension too ;)

Would be nice to see those characters in future games.

With Thugs-4-Less making a return, can we expect to see the Thug Leader back in action as well, or will the Progs just be acting as their "bosses" here?

He was blown up, lol

confuziz

Banned
Well understand those were spinoff multiplayer iterations. Previous to that there were 5+ single player games with no co-op to speak of (online multiplayer aside for like two PS2 titles) that the franchise was very well known for. I'm not going to try to convince you of the value and entertainment singleplayer focused games are capable of, but Nexus has been touted as a return to classic single player Ratchet gameplay from day one. It's like me walking into a TLoU thread a week from launch and complaining about no co-op in the campaign mode. You're missing out on some of the most exciting, high quality platformers this gen and last gen had to offer with your 'skip coop-less games' policy though.

I realise that now, thank you. I have played TLOU, Uncharted and all that though. I didn't say I only play co-op games, just mostly.

Top Bottom