• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy |OT| Rip your PS3 a new one

Peff

I had forgotten just how entertaining the first game is, looking forward to the next 2 even more now. Crikey.

Yeah, there really are a lot of neat ideas and even a bit of Metroidvania in there, Pokitaru is one of the best worlds of the franchise. It's too bad the controls are not so good, the lack of strafing is really glaring when you can play the sequels back to back so easily.

Also, it's kind of funny how the presentation of the collection has a bootleg-ish feel to it, with the cover/backcover having reversed art from three different games, none of which are in the actual collection and the menu is just taken straight from All4One. For some reason pressing left goes to credits and not to the previous game too. But other than that and the small glitches and stutter during the cutscenes, it's a pretty good remaster. I was surprised at how nice/sharp the Qwark vidcomics look, they could easily pass for a PSN game.

balddemon

Banned
I remember a particular water sequence that is very demanding, but I don't remember it to be awful. Frustrating maybe :)

the one where you only have enough air to swim like 3/4ths the way is fucking annoying

i remember me and a friend were playing that game and we raged so much when we were like 12

NBtoaster

Strange..got Bolt Collector with only 500k bolts.

edit: and now I bought the RYNO, woo Platinum. Finally on to the second game!
2 and a half speedy playthroughs got me to 500k (after purchasing everything except the RYNO and starting with almost no bolts).

Strange..got Bolt Collector with only 500k bolts.

edit: and now I bought the RYNO, woo Platinum. Finally on to the second game!
2 and a half speedy playthroughs got me to 500k (after purchasing everything except the RYNO and starting with almost no bolts).

Is it possible that it's 1million bolts cumulative including what you've spent then?

NBtoaster

Is it possible that it's 1million bolts cumulative including what you've spent then?

Seems to be it. I just got the "More Bolts?" Trophy in the second game which requires 50000 bolts, even though I only had 28000. Counting the weapons I've bought it's around 50,000 total.

BHZ Mayor

the one where you only have enough air to swim like 3/4ths the way is fucking annoying

i remember me and a friend were playing that game and we raged so much when we were like 12

Fortunately that was the last time in the entire series that air mattered.

Footos22

Seems to be it. I just got the "More Bolts?" Trophy in the second game which requires 50000 bolts, even though I only had 28000. Counting the weapons I've bought it's around 50,000 total.

Well shit.... You have just brightened up my week a little bit :D

Atruvius

Just get the helmet from the lava level and you get infinite oxygen.

BHZ Mayor

Just get the helmet from the lava level and you get infinite oxygen.

IIRC, the part he's referring to is required for story progression and the helmet is much further after that point.

Although,
if you go back after getting the helmet, you do get a gold bolt in a spot you can't reach without it.

Atolm

Finished the first game yesterday (with platinum) and loved it, now I'm with the second game and it's even better. I'm falling in love with the series.

Yaska

bit off topic but found tools of destruction for 10€ today on the store, had to pick it up. Going full R&C mode for few days to see if I can get 'em all done.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm stilling waiting for my copy, they shipped it last Thursday ; ;

Importing is such a bitch =/

Should've just DL from EU Store... but Sony never prices them right, was expecting the £39.99 price

Toppot

Should've just DL from EU Store... but Sony never prices them right, was expecting the £39.99 price
Sony usually do a good job pricing their games. Its other publishers that usually set the digital price at full RRP.

NIN90

The pricing on this one is total bullshit! I bought my retail copy for €40 but it's only €30 on PSN. When the fuck has a downloadable version been cheaper than retail at launch? TELL ME SONY

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So to those who got it, does it come with a key for Ratchet: Deadlocked downloadable in the case or not?

Toppot

So to those who got it, does it come with a key for Ratchet: Deadlocked downloadable in the case or not?
Nope

I believe Idol Minds are working on Deadlocked/Gladiator as we speak. Probably spending lots of time on the multiplayer when it was pretty awful and unbalanced and they should be spending their time fixing 3/UYA's online performance issues! /rant

How is 3's multiplayer holding up? Stable? Are people still exploiting it as much?

I hope this leads to a current gen multiplayer Ratchet. I think it would be an incredible downloadable game.

injurai

Banned
Finished the first game yesterday (with platinum) and loved it, now I'm with the second game and it's even better. I'm falling in love with the series.

YES YES YES!!! Despite its popularity far too many people overlooked these great games.

TripOpt55

How is 3's multiplayer holding up? Stable? Are people still exploiting it as much?

I hope this leads to a current gen multiplayer Ratchet. I think it would be an incredible downloadable game.

I got the idea that Full Frontal Assault would have some kind of multiplayer component.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I got the R&C HD collection a few days ago and was happily replaying the first game until I suddenly realized that the game was running in 720p. Wasn't the game supposed to be extra special because of its 1080p 60fps goodness?

The silly thing is I have no idea how I can get the game to run in 1080p. The PS3 video signal is set to 1080p through HDMI, but other display modes (480p, 576i, 720p, 1080i) are available as well. Do I have to force the game to run in 1080p by deselecting those other resolutions?

Derrick01

Banned
GUYS

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXI6K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341393935&sr=8-1&keywords=ratchet+and+clank+collection

Game is available for pre-order for only 30 bucks on amazon! Pre-order price sticks btw, even if it goes up you still get it for 30 bucks if you pre-order while the price is as listed. CAN'T WAIT! Wish the date wasn't so late though..

Yeah I preordered it for that price a while ago. My only concern is when the preorder bonuses for NA get announced will it be automatically put into existing preorders or will we have to cancel and do it again? We run the risk of the price going back to normal that way.

The silly thing is I have no idea how I can get the game to run in 1080p. The PS3 video signal is set to 1080p through HDMI, but other display modes (480p, 576i, 720p, 1080i) are available as well. Do I have to force the game to run in 1080p by deselecting those other resolutions?

I've noticed the 720p too, and yes you can solve this by deselecting the other dispaly modes, although you can't disable 576.

When should this hit in NA? September?

Never played these games but I've always wanted to.

I thought the said fall 2012, but did not give a specific date.
I wouldn't wait myself, and would import the game. In fall the next truckload of AAA-titles will arrive, and now is the perfect time to play some HD remasters ( in fact it's always the perfect time, but there aren't may blockbusters released during summertime ).

If you never played these game you're in for a treat.

@ Daycru: when shipped

Drago

I thought the said fall 2012, but did not give a specific date.
I wouldn't wait myself, and would import the game. In fall the next truckload of AAA-titles will arrive, and now is the perfect time to play some HD remasters ( in fact it's always the perfect time, but there aren't may blockbusters released during summertime ).

If you never played these game you're in for a treat.

@ Daycru: when shipped
I wont be picking much up in the fall aside from WiiU. I'd rather save this for then, and get bonuses (and better boxart, probably) while I'm at it. Thanks for the answer, can't wait to finally play these :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
GUYS

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXI6K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341393935&sr=8-1&keywords=ratchet+and+clank+collection

Game is available for pre-order for only 30 bucks on amazon! Pre-order price sticks btw, even if it goes up you still get it for 30 bucks if you pre-order while the price is as listed. CAN'T WAIT! Wish the date wasn't so late though..

Yup, that's what I did. I also had a 10 dollar gaming credit that I had to use by 6/30, so I got it for 20 dollars.

I can definitely wait for that.

I just want some more news on this supposed "bonus" the US is going to receive, supposedly Deadlocked as a download, is the rumor right?

Yaska

Finished first one, really liked it. Can't wait to start second one with strafing and all the goodness from that ^^. Didn't platinum the first one tho.

Finished the first one and its great the final boss was hard with only 5 lives. Started the second and it looks miles better than the second and is great fun too. Definitely a great series of games I missed out on playing when I was younger. Gonna have to buy more Ratchet after this.

I got the idea that Full Frontal Assault would have some kind of multiplayer component.

I've been thinking that as well.

The menus are laggy, slow and stutter occasionally. Other than that the experience is smooth. Far too many noobs and people lagging for my taste, but still a ton of fun to play.

So the experience is "smooth", but there is to much lagging.

That doesn't sound smooth to me. :p

Ok, I want the platinum trophy in the first game before starting the second one but those damned skill points are killing me. I haven't done them all when i played it on the PS2 so it's kinda like the first time I got to deal with those bastards... ò__ò

Top Bottom