• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate Microsoft's Xbox One conference

Using bags of DORITOS®, rate the POWERFUL CRUNCH of the XO reveal!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm giving them 5/10, only because I have lingering questions about some of the DVR stuff. If there's a way that I can shave a bit off the monthly fee from Comcast by replacing a DVR with an XBox, then there's a little added value for me, but not much else. And I'm happy thus far with what I've seen from the controller. I'm also generous.

E-phonk

Banned
nOYYYi5.jpg

1/10

ps4u & me

SmartBase

I don't live in the States, don't care for TV, don't care for Kinect and I already have a PC, the conference had zero relevance but the poll didn't have a zero option.

1/10

Enco

4/10

The motion tracking tech was really cool and the gestures are impressive. The UI also looks pretty nice.

Everything else was shit.

5/10 as a Xbox dieharder and living in Europe, I was a liitle dissapointed.

Focused too much about kinect and TV stuffs.
Technical data sheet has been not properly put on paper to show to the publics, like kind type of RAM; clock of CPU/GPU. Else will put them so pale vs Sony.

Took NO TIMES to answer the 1.000.000 $ questions that bothered us for months, like:
Blocked used games?
Always online needed?
etc

Georgious

Banned
Really sad, but also kind of funny. My original PS3 just YLOD died the same day the XboxOne was announced. It's as if it saw my underwhelmed reaction and committed seppuku...

alba

Little is the new Big
I didn't come in with any expectation but man, that was really rough. I sure hope for them E3 will be good because of all the shit they're trying to shove on the side in regards to used games and online requirement is really going to hurt them.

BuzzJive

What a terribly confused device. I gave it a 2/10 because I was feeling generous.

All I want is a complimentary device to my Wii U that'll play Destiny. Until this reveal, MS was in the running for that.

Thought the presentation seemed pretty standard for what I was expecting. Which is too bad, since I was hoping to have a "wow" moment like the Sony conference did. Modest showing, considering e3 is right around the corner. It was alright, but not great.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Now that I think about it, the conference reminds me of jim cramer in iron man afther starks confrence:
"abandoned ship"
"Does the Hindenburg ring any bells?"
"Let me show you Microsoft's new business plan"
"That's videogame company that doesn't make videogames!"

5/10 Im still confused on what the hell I just watched and the bad news coming out about it. 4 points for Remedy using the hot teacher from Community though.

and LOL are people calling it xBone now

Etnos

Banned
1/10 My reasons:

-I don't live in the US, all those services are meaningless to me
-More Kinect!... yeah no thanks.
-Double down on anti consumer restrictions

So yeah, PC for me.

Mr Swine

Banned
1/10

For a company that said that the main focus of Xbox one is games they failed pretty hard. And I wasn't impressed with the games they showed. Yes they look better than what's out today but there wasn't a "WoW" effect I had hoped to get. And all that Kinect bull was not good either...

Focused event. But focused on the wrong aspects of the new gen. Bad name, durango, 720, or infinity would have been better and really stress the reality of the xbox being the next gen gaming console. At this point its hard to call it a gaming console. Sure the extra features are nice but not needed, games games games should have been the motif for the event.

I give the event a 4/10
Focused in poo features.
No games that amazed that arent on ps4.

Ps4 and wii U it is.....

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I was lurking here when the conference started, and I found it to be very underwhelming, nothing interesting to be honest. After the conference, everything just went terrible.

> They seem to be completely focused on America, so those services are pretty meaningless to me.
> Rumors that Kinect are mandatory just bother me completely. It was a rumor when I was lurking here, is it still the same?
> The always online / must be connected every 24 hours / blocking used game with a fee is horrible! Again, it was all slightly new a few hours back, is THAT still the same?

I'll be giving the conference a 2/10. I'll give it a point for showing the console, even though it was pretty ugly to me.

Cyborg

4/10

-I do not live in USA
-Where are the games
-I can use skype on my PC, Laptop and phone
-VCR in my livingroom? No way.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
6/10

They showed the console which was the point of the event, to show the next genertion of the console itself
I really like the live tv thing, i can watch some tv while waiting for a friend to grab a drink before we party up and get my notifciation on screen
Controller looks great
remedy game looks great
system looks about how you would expect an xBOX to look some of you forget what the first one looked like
Im smart enough to realize they will show games at E3 and can wait to see them
bundled with a kinect...i dont have one and probably never would have bought one so i enjoy this

emalord

I voted 3/10

2 points for the perfectly working Xbox360 app which fluidly livestreamed the whole conference.
Kudos, MS

1 Point for MocapDog, probably a better PR for X1 than any other (human) yesterday

Top Bottom