• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate Microsoft's Xbox One conference

Using bags of DORITOS®, rate the POWERFUL CRUNCH of the XO reveal!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Won

A conference focused showing features I won't get in my country, revolving around content I don't care about, packaged with apps I don't need on my TV, surrounded by games we already had a decade ago.

Hmm putting that into a number is hard.

It's funny. I expected that direction and was somewhat curious about it, but after actually seeing it in action I now know I don't want it.

And I really don't want to talk to my TV.......seriously.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I voted 3 out of 10, because... well, actually I probably should have voted lower. Maybe the 2 extra points are based on potential E3 announcements?

The Xbox One is literally everything I hate about the so-called future of gaming, in a machine that charges to play games borrowed from friends. It honestly doesn't even look that big a leap in technology over the current generation, which I thought was what was going to be pushed.

In fact it has retroactively made me understand how much better the Playstation 4 unveiling was, thanks to new IPs and indie support.

I guess Wii U and (maybe) PS4 for me now, then.

Foxix Von

Wow, this is viewception or something.

Wait, Accolade's post is in green in that picture they have on their site. So, Accolade is actually Acclaim.

Which means he posted that the forum is obsessed with us, then took a screengrab of his post and then posted it on that forum, to draw their attention to us drawing attention to them.

Fuck.

I thought the conference was good but not great. My only major issue with it was not showing any gameplay and instead just giving us trailers. The news after the conference though has been downright terrible.

DaBoss

Wait, Accolade's post is in green in that picture they have on their site. So, Accolade is actually Acclaim.

Which means he posted that the forum is obsessed with us, then took a screengrab of his post and then posted it on that forum, to draw their attention to us drawing attention to them.

Fuck.

Holy shit you're right. They are among us and then talking about everyone of us including themselves. Well damn, this is some weird stuff.

snookee

Neo Member
1/10 for showing the hardware. The rest was an absolute poor presentation of a bore fest. They didn't even reveal what ram it was, is it ddr3, gddr5? What apu, gpu does it has, 5 billion transistors?

Enco

Talked to one non hardcore gamer and they thought the Xbox One looked amazing.

al5syGM.png

Didn't expect GAF to be this harsh.

I'll definitely wait until E3 before I make up my mind.

From the gamer's perspective, this event may not have been that great. But let's face it: there is a wider audience out there.
Let's just hope they don't forget about the people who made all this possible, the core. That's what I hope to see at E3.

Tookay

Didn't expect GAF to be this harsh.

I'll definitely wait until E3 before I make up my mind.

You'll wait until E3 to make up your mind about this particular conference?

This isn't some immutable decision that isn't subject to change.

It's a record of one's thoughts after one conference.

Some of the reasoning/rationalizing here is silly.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Fuck.

izjan4ClJl4Ub.jpg

You'll wait until E3 to make up your mind about this particular conference?

This isn't some immutable decision that isn't subject to change.

It's a record of one's thoughts after one conference.

Some of the reasoning/rationalizing here is silly.
Nah, you're right in that regard. I was thinking about the console as a whole, not this specific conference. My bad.

It's just that MS explicitly stated that this event was just the first part of their reveal. That's what I was getting at.

I'd say 5/10

Wanted to just hear and see the console

Tv and movie and halo series was pretty meh to me. That halo tv series won't be free and I wanted halo 2 anniversary :(

Bummer about the lack of games but I'll wait til e3
Should have been better

Shads

5/10

To be objective on this, I don't think the presentation was a total failure as I think a lot of the features provided with it appeals to the mass audience. If you got cable TV then it's convenient and trying to do interactive television right could be compelling. Families and casuals seem to embrace Kinect favorably. Sports and more sports is for the average American (and I'm in that demographic as I love watching sports and playing fantasy football). Xbox original shows (i.e. Halo TV Series) could have potential, but remains to be seen... seems like they're trying to take a page from Netflix.

I still gave the conference a 5 due to I won't be able to take advantage of the TV features (I don't have cable TV) and I probably will be too cheap to pay for NFL TV (which I assume you have to like MLB TV, NBA TV, etc.) unless they allow you to watch home games as well. But I don't necessarily think any of that stuff is a bad idea. A lot of internet based setup boxes already have these features, and now Xbox's partnership with NFL is much bigger than most may think (well only in America at least).

I've never owned a Kinect and I've only tried it at stores briefly. I always thought the Kinect 1 should never have been released because the technology seemed so unpolished, but from some of the video demonstrations I saw after the conference, Kinect 2's tech demos looked impressive and actually looks like a real product. I don't know how much it would enhance gameplay, but I actually do like the voice commands and gestures for navigating through the system. I'm simply indifferent that they all come with one, whether it's useful or not is to be determined, but I don't see any hassle on having it always connected... as long as they price it right with the system.

The primary usage of my Xbox 360 are games and Netflix. So obviously, I was disappointed like the majority of people that there were nearly no games shown at the conference. But the only positive that I did take from the conference was the fact that Phil Spencer announced they had at least 15 exclusive games coming out, in which 8 are new IPs. How many of those are Kinect games? Who knows. But I'm very eager to see what these games are at E3 and thus I will hold final judgement on the Xbox One when that happens.

1/10

I don't really understand people saying to wait til E3. They had a chance to impress
us at the REVEAL. They chose to appeal to everyone except gamers, so they
will live with that choice. Don't give them your money if they don't want it.

SGRU

Why can't I vote in the poll?

Anyway, 2/10 for me. I was expecting a new generation game console and they showed a VHS-style thing with some TV, more TV, even a little bit of TV and, well, it's also supposed to have games and Skype.

Oh, and also TV.

GC|Simon

One out of ten.
Probably already a outworn joke
Reasons:

- Focus on TV, movie and sports. Most of the stuff even is US/NA exlusive. That totally sucked from a European point of view.
- The OS looks great but I guess it will consume a lot of RAM space and CPU power. Sucks for games. A focus on some integral stuff may have been good enogh. The Kinect controls are nothing really new, are they?
- Pay a fee for playing used games? Lol.
- The system needs to be only every 24h? Should be the case over here but it still sucks for the consumer.
- Kinect is always active. I'm not a privacy nerd but I understand the concerns of some. This already lead to a serious backlash in German media.
- They showed FIFA, some other sports games and Call of Duty. Nothing, absolutely nothing, looked like something which would not have been possible on the current gen fun-wise. If they introduce an updated Kinect I expect some mind-blowing Kinect games. But there were none.
- I don't think that the system looks ugly but it isn't exactly beautiful and seems to be pretty huge.
- No self-publishing for indies sucks.

I never intended to buy the system and that didn't change.

Pudge

2/10 because of the "Rocket Science Level Stuff" quote. I always appreciate a quote that can reach the levels of insanity that Sony 06 reached. Looking forward for more at E3.

Top Bottom