• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Nintendo Direct

What would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
Highlights -

1 - Mario vs Donkey Kong Remake Announced
2 - Princess Peach Showtime Announced
3 - Splatoon 3 - Side Order DLC Trailer
4 - Super Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remake Announced
5 - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD Announced
6 - Unicorn Overlord (Next Vanillaware Game) Announced
7 - Tomb Raider 1-3 Trilogy Remaster Announced
8 - Mario Kart 8 Final DLC Showcased Announced
9 - F Zero 99 Shadow Dropped
10 - Contra Operation Galuga Announced
11 - Another Code Recollection Announced

For me Tomb Raider, Vanillaware Game, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario vs Donkey Kong and Paper Mario were quite good so 4/5

Last edited:

Doom85

Paper Mario TTYD/10

In other words:

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I couldnt watch it but it seemed okay from headlines. 6.5 or 7 probably. I need to see it later today.

Last edited:

Fbh

Unicorn Overlord looks awesome.

That's it for me.
Wasn't really expecting much as I don't expect any major titles from Nintendo until the Switch 2 is announced. Still, as with every other company I don't really care for these "every other thing is a remake or HD port" lineups.

AngelMuffin

F-Zero 99 is going be a blast!

Excited for 1000 Year Door since I’ve never played it and I thought Contra looked really good.

TexMex

Mario Vs Donkey Kong is one of my favorite Nintendo games ever, certainly from the GBA era. Never thought I’d see that back in a million years.

TTYD is a hard 10, wish it was sooner, but glad it’s en route.

4 stars.

MiguelItUp

I thought it was a 3, it was fine for me personally. A lot of remasters or games that I'm not super into. Fzero 99 looks cool, but I can't help but imagine a lot of people would prefer a new game, but hey, it's something, haha.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Both these two games makes this direct perfect.

But we also got this

Which really reminds me of Puppeteer, even the fact just like Kutaro charges power based head he has, Peach changes power based on her costume.

Last edited:

Fake

3 stars for me. Wasn't their best, but even this is galaxy ahead of everything State of Play presented so far.

There are good games looking foward. Unicorn and Tomb Raider are my goal.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Can’t believe the TTYD remake was real tbh, day 1.

Peach game looked surprisingly good too, but I’m still not sure if it’s something I’d enjoy.

Too much Mario and the most exciting game of the entire show for me was a remake/remaster - not great. I’d score it 2/5 maybe. Really wanted something Metroid.

Last edited:
Never played it because it was on DS and I am a big LM fan, so this is good for me.
Yeah, thinking back, I actually bought a 3DS for LM2. Great game, very cool 3D effect too on the handheld. Glad to see that it doesn't have to die on that platform. Too bad it's not coming out in time for Halloween, the series is such a treat to playthrough around that time.

Virex

Banned
My favourite announcement: Another Code Recollection

So happy, and happy those in NA can play the games. Lucky they released in PAL land. Hopefully they remaster Hotel Dusk and Last Windows - Secret of Cape west. Guess I can replay all these games on Wii and DS. But playing Another Code Recollection again on Switch is going to be cuntingly awesome

sigmaZ

9 cans of garbage out of 10

More than half the games are horrible clunky cellphone-looking games or remakes.
I'm all in for Super Mario RPG and the Thousand Door remakes.
I'm really worried about Eiyuden Chronicles now after seeing the footage they showed. The sprites and framerate looked garbage as did the environments.
If that is not indicative of the final product they should've have show that.

Kabelly

I got my Pauline in MK8 but all in all you can tell they're saving stuff for the successor.
We're still getting Wonder this year and that's an instant cop.

Astral Dog

Im glad for the Fzero and Paper Mario fans,but i was really hoping for some Metroid goodness this Direct, and there wasn't much interesting new games

2/5

Robb

Gold Member
At this point, Metroid Prime 4 sounds like a Switch 2 thing.
Yeah I’ve been thinking it’d at the very least be cross-gen.

I imagine Metroid Prime 4 would be a great showcase-type game for “Switch 2” though, so hopefully we’ll see a really great re-reveal alongside their next system.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Much of this stuff doesn't appeal to me... but still was a pretty decent show.
Will pick up a few of these multiplatform. And will definitely get Mario RPG.

Gave it a 3. Which, for Nintendo, for me, is actually pretty good.

Last edited:

cireza

As an Xbox player, happy to get the new Vanillaware and Tomb Raider I II III.

I also own a Switch, and sadly nothing else was of interest to me :(
At least I have Anonymous Code to try out.

EruditeHobo

Correction, hardcore Vanillaware fanboy.....I have been wanting new game from them since 13 Sentinels and finally got it so that makes this direct already 5 stars for me..

I agree in principle... but you're not going to get that on Switch, right? Surely it will look much better on other platforms.

It's a good trailer to have in your show and all, but that isn't a Switch purchase. At least that's how I rate these things -- exclusives are what matter most, anything else is weighted much differently since I'll be playing it on a more powerful console.

JordiENP

When you compare other Nintendo consoles, this has been an amazing final year. And there's a lot more content coming, people here never will be happy even if they announce something impossible like Earthbound 4.

Top Bottom