• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ray Parker Jr Spotted In Dead Rising 2? (Pic Inside!)

Lmao, boy am I glad I wasn't interested in this game! Talked about spoiled! I would be having chest pains right about now if someone made a title like "SA-X spotted in Other M".

Don't worry, SA-X isn't in Other M and it's impossible for it to happen anyway, so I didn't spoil anything in my example of a spoiler :D Still...fuck man, that was a bad thread title and I feel bummed for the people who were interested :^(

DidntKnowJack said:
I think it's kinda funny when people consider something like this a spoiler.

"Oh great. The whole game is spoiled! I don't even wanna play it now."
Well, that's an exaggeration. Some people like to be surprised is all. Things don't have the same impact if you are told about them vs you being there and experiencing it. That's really all it amounts to. Like telling someone about the window scene from RE1 before they ever play it themselves.

"Spoilers" and "media blackout" are two different things.

People should expect to come here and not encounter untagged spoilers (spoilers being things that the developer doesn't present upfront, or plot points). People should NOT come here at all and expect to preserve a "media blackout". It is anathema to the purpose of a video game forum.

DuckRacer

Jinfash said:
I wish one of the mods would edit the title into:

Guess who was spotted in Dead Rising 2?
>forum babbies enter thread expecting Obama guest appearance

Wait, Frank West is in Dead Rising 2?! Fucking spoiler, why wasn't there a warning in the thread title?
Frank West was spotted in...

That way no one would guess it dot dot dot
>forum babbies enter thread expecting Frank West's appearance in Castlevania Lords of Shadow
>repeat reaction

DuckRacer said:
>forum babbies enter thread expecting Obama guest appearance

Wait, Frank West is in Dead Rising 2?! Fucking spoiler, why wasn't there a warning in the thread title?

>forum babbies enter thread expecting Frank West's appearance in Castlevania Lords of Shadow
>repeat reaction

So..."Dead Rising 2 info: Possible Spoilers" is too difficult to type or come up with for you?

Yeef

While I do think it was extremely stupid and inconsiderate to put the spoiler in the thread title, knowing that Frank West is in the game makes me a lot more likely to buy it closer to day one instead of waiting a bit.

ad3584a8.png

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Maybe CAPCOM will pull a reverse MGS2, making us think that we will play with mr generic motor cycle man but we end up playing with every man hero FRANK WEST !

Kurtofan

LaserBuddha said:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d141/urielsynthesis/ad3584a8.png[/MG][/QUOTE]
:lol :lol

[QUOTE=abstract alien]So..."Dead Rising 2 info: Possible Spoilers" is too difficult to type or come up with for you?[/QUOTE]
It's too vague.

Nif

Have to agree with everyone else about the spoiler. Dumb to put it in the thread title like that. You should have made a Dead Rising 2 spoiler thread instead.

LALILULELO said:
Maybe CAPCOM will pull a reverse MGS2, making us think that we will play with mr generic motor cycle man but we end up playing with every man hero FRANK WEST !

Ah if only, game would probably score an extra 3 points on every review if they did.

Oh snap, great news! I was getting this day one regardless, The only thing that lessened my hype for DR2 was no Frank West, but now I'm full on hype.

Woo.

On a side note, This thread is pretty hilarious with the spoilers. :lol

This is totally a spoiler though. Like others have said, some want to be surprised when things happen in a game. The thread title could have been something different and saved a lot of people some grief.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
shagg_187 said:
The twist is that Frank West IS the hobo from the coop mode!! :O :O :O

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

I can understand people being disappointed finding this out, but it's not even 100% for certain yet. Probably more of a callback than any story significance.

abstract alien said:
So..."Dead Rising 2 info: Possible Spoilers" is too difficult to type or come up with for you?

Then some people might find that too vague. It's stupid to worry about people's level of spoiler. I think the thread title is fine. It ends with a question mark, so if you really don't want to be spoiled you don't click the link and you will never really know if Frank West is in the game or if this was a joke thread or a photoshop or whatever.

G-Fex said:
And why I ask? What the hell is the big deal about frank besides the one line everyone repeats over and over?
He is not some macho dudebro like the majority of video game characters. Compare him to Capcom's Chris Redfield. Frank is an everyday guy just trying to get the scoop on a story. He is a much easier character to relate to than generic military guy #586. Same reason why I like Chuck Greene, just a dad trying to keep his daughter safe (while slaughtering thousands of zombies of course).

Characters like Frank and Chuck are just not the norm. Hell look at their names.

MisterHero

Hey Altair in AC2 doesn't count
it's a flashback, not a crossover with the main story
unless I really missed something

anyways I hope Frank returns, to cover the war of all wars

Chemo

People crying about this being a major spoiler need to re-prioritize their lives. Also, if you didn't already know Frank was going to be involved in DR2, you are mentally challenged.

<3 Frank, "aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" :lol
we need to know what happened after that.

i hope Isabella makes an appearance too, kinda was messed up to spoil that but i saw a screen shot "an old friend returns" as a case title so it was given that frank comes back.

Chemo said:
People crying about this being a major spoiler need to re-prioritize their lives. Also, if you didn't already know Frank was going to be involved in DR2, you are mentally challenged.
I'm sure most Dead Rising fans had a hunch that Frank was coming back. Most of us would have rather waited to play through the game to see what happens though.

I don't think this is a MAJOR spoiler though, just something that isn't going to be as surprising to me when I am going through the game now.

Hyunkel6

My only question is whether Frank is part of the story or just some drone that they added for the coop. "Hey, having another Chuck for the coop is kinda lame. Let's change the character model of the coop partner to Frank."

Hyunkel6 said:
My only question is whether Frank is part of the story or just some drone that they added for the coop. "Hey, having another Chuck for the coop is kinda lame. Let's change the character model of the coop partner to Frank."

This would make me happiest.

Hyunkel6 said:
Pretty sure co-op is just two Chuck Greene's. Nothing wrong with that though, there are so many clothing/hair options that nobody is going to look the same.

At this rate, by 2015 Game Announcements will be spoiler tagged. "I WANTED TO BE SURPRISED AT THE STORE SHELVES!"

Anyone who could have gleaned Kotaku would have been "spoiled" as well. I consider Duke Nukem Forever getting a tentative release date a bigger surprise than this.

But I ain't no mod. They can weigh in on what's spoilers and what isn't.

Darkshier said:
Pretty sure co-op is just two Chuck Greene's. Nothing wrong with that though, there are so many clothing/hair options that nobody is going to look the same.

Whenever you're pretty sure about stuff you seem to get owned... :lol

Darklord

Banned
Darkshier said:

They said they might change that but that was the last we heard about it so...they probably left it with 2 chucks.

Ninja Scooter said:
Then some people might find that too vague. It's stupid to worry about people's level of spoiler. I think the thread title is fine. It ends with a question mark, so if you really don't want to be spoiled you don't click the link and you will never really know if Frank West is in the game or if this was a joke thread or a photoshop or whatever.
There is nothing vague about it. If you are interested in Dead Rising 2 and don't mind some new spoiler-ish info, then click on the thread :lol

Chinner

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
part of the story. theres audio of him speaking in the first trailer, and some off screen screenshots mention a double team or something like.

Phaethon0017 said:
At this rate, by 2015 Game Announcements will be spoiler tagged. "I WANTED TO BE SURPRISED AT THE STORE SHELVES!"

Anyone who could have gleaned Kotaku would have been "spoiled" as well. I consider Duke Nukem Forever getting a tentative release date a bigger surprise than this.

But I ain't no mod. They can weigh in on what's spoilers and what isn't.

And the real problem is, if you tag the ridiculous shit, then normal people won't be able to learn anything about a game because they wont know if a REAL spoiler is going to be under those tags until they read it.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to know anything going into a game. There is something wrong with going into a forum that pretty much exists in direct opposition to your philosophy (videogame discussion) and try to bend it to your will.

Darkshier said:
I'm sure most Dead Rising fans had a hunch that Frank was coming back. Most of us would have rather waited to play through the game to see what happens though.

I don't think this is a MAJOR spoiler though, just something that isn't going to be as surprising to me when I am going through the game now.
The thread title is a question so technically your "hunch" remains intact by not clicking on the thread.

abstract alien said:
There is nothing vague about it. If you are interested in Dead Rising 2 and don't mind some new spoiler-ish info, then click on the thread :lol

it's very vague. As you can tell by this thread there are plenty of people that don't consider Frank being in DR2 much of a spoiler, so if you just label every thread as "GAME TITLE: SPOILER ALERT!" how will anyone know what exactly that means? It could just be a thread like this, which plenty of people don't mind, or it could be fucking pictures of the last boss and ending. That's why its too vague.

Top Bottom