• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends JP box (Wii U exclusive in Japan, published by Nintendo)

fi1ip

Just for the reference, EU cover:
81IM-feBxVL._SL1500_.jpg

Much worse.

As mentioned, Origins released for a budget price (2,500 yen) for PS3/PSV/3DS and the only version that charted was the PS3 one at #43 in a week where the #20 game was at 3,254 units sold.

This one is at full price (5,985 yen); I'd expect it to sell about 1-2k first week.

TimmiT

Just for the reference, EU cover:
81IM-feBxVL._SL1500_.jpg

Much worse.

I actually like it more than the Japanese box-art, which is just a level background with character sprites sprinkled over it. Not that it looks bad, cause the game itself looks fantastic, but it just seems lazily done to me.

cafemomo

Out of curiosity, why is Nintendo publishing it in Japan? Does Ubi eye soft have no business presence (publisher wise) there?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like the NA/EU box art better, honestly. Looks more indicative of the game's art style.

Colors are nice though.

zroid

Banned
Nintendo continues to nail it with pretty much all of their box arts. Only questionable one in recent memory is Nintendo Land.

Out of curiosity, why is Nintendo publishing it in Japan? Does Ubi eye soft have no business presence (publisher wise) there?

they do have a bit of a publishing business there but no one ever really buys their games, Nintendo has picked up a few of their games before (just dance definitely and I think zombiu)

Top Bottom