• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins levels to be Wii U exclusive in Rayman Legends?

Posted this in a couple of threads but fuck it it's likely and so new thread time.

Can we clear up whether the Origins levels are exclusive to Wii U or not?

Nintendo's PR singles out the Wii U version:

• Rayman Legends from Ubisoft: Even Rayman likes to cosplay! The Wii U version of the game will include a special bonus: Players will be able to unlock a Mario costume for Rayman and a Luigi costume for Globox. Players on the Wii U version will also have access to select fan-favorite stages from the previously released Rayman Origins game. Rayman Legends launches Sept. 3.

And Prima Games' website says it is in their article about it (and this is Prima who makes the guides for games, surely the guide for this game as well:

http://www.primagames.com/games/ray...n-legends-gets-exclusive-origins-levels-speci

In addition, Ubisoft will add 40 fan-favorite levels from Rayman Origins into the game, an exclusive to the Wii U version. Creator Michel Ancel and his team modified these levels to make use of Legends' new lighting system, as well as the Wii U's touchscreen controls. The levels will be part of an unlockable chapter in the game, titled Back To Origins.

Confusing as I would've thought all versions would have them, it actually makes the most sense to be Wii U exclusive as it's the only platform to not have Origins, AND Legends began as an Origins port IIRC.

Fireblend

Banned
I already preordered the PC version and don't really mind, already 100%'d Rayman Origins.

Maybe they'll be provided as DLC sometime later.

Zomba13

I don't think so. The level select was shown in a video of the 360 version on the videogamer youtube channel. Had the Origin levels (though they didn't select any).

VanWinkle

Not exclusive.

iBlHNjzJClFE0.JPG

Vico

I don't think so. The level select was shown in a video of the 360 version on the videogamer youtube channel. Had the Origin levels (though they didn't select any).

Cool.

But now that we mention this, are they playable online, now?

This is not news. And no where does it say exclusive.

In addition, Ubisoft will add 40 fan-favorite levels from Rayman Origins into the game, an exclusive to the Wii U version. Creator Michel Ancel and his team modified these levels to make use of Legends' new lighting system, as well as the Wii U's touchscreen controls. The levels will be part of an unlockable chapter in the game, titled Back To Origins.

Top Bottom