• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - DAAAAAAAH

Muppet345

Amir0x said:
I hope they release more videos of bunnies screaming and dancing. There needs to be more of such cutting edge humour in this world!
I agree. I prefer humor like South Park. I get so angry when I miss an episode.

Amir0x

Banned
Kevar said:
I agree. I prefer humor like South Park. I get so angry when I miss an episode.

I do not think South Park matches the pure brilliance of the humour found in dancing and screaming bunnies, my friend.

Taxman

What I would love is if they didn't make a platformer, but rather an antiplatformer starring the bunnies as the main characters. What would an antiplatformer be? Well, what I basically mean is that instead of navigating the world and solving puzzles while trying to avoid being hit by things, you navigate the world and solve puzzles primarily by showing little to no concern for your character's general welfare. The cruder and more painful, the better. And you could build up a meter and turn into Superbunny. So in other words, a game starring the bunnies that rewards you for actually portraying the bunnies accurately.

Taxman said:
What I would love is if they didn't make a platformer, but rather an antiplatformer starring the bunnies as the main characters. What would an antiplatformer be? Well, what I basically mean is that instead of navigating the world and solving puzzles while trying to avoid being hit by things, you navigate the world and solve puzzles primarily by showing little to no concern for your character's general welfare. The cruder and more painful, the better. And you could build up a meter and turn into Superbunny. So in other words, a game starring the bunnies that rewards you for actually portraying the bunnies accurately.

I would love a game where you play as a Rabbid.

As long as they made each level kind of unique and introduced a new mechanic in each.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Sigh Ubisoft needs to let the team have more than 1 year to make a game :/

Well at least Ancel probably isn't working on this game, he didn't even work on the first Raving Rabbids

laserbeam

Banned
Even more confirmation

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10441

"The graphics look more polished this time round, and details on new minigames are a bit scarce. We know that one has 4 Rabbids strapped to lab tables, with electricity-throwing cathodes above them. Cue lots of screaming when they get zapped. Another one involves some Rabbids in some theatre seats (naturally, they are wearing costumes like a Pirate, American Sport player, and one in bandages) talking on cellphones. Hopefully there will be some unique usages of the Wii Remote's Speaker here. "

Not much else is known about Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, and no news of a release date. It will appear on both Wii and DS, though. More news as it comes.

Bildi

LET ME STAND MORE THAN 8 FEET FROM THE SCREEN AND I WILL BUY YOUR STUPID GAME.

Just kidding, I won't buy it. One was plenty.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I got to try it out.. They now use licensed rabbits like there was a Naruto dressed one, and a Spidey dressed one.

They also had a game where it involved eating carrots as fast as possible.. Then you spit out a drool line and dangled it and swung it into buckets below.. :lol

That sounds like silly fun. I need to pick up the first one, I wish it'd drop to $29.99

Wonder if RRR 2 will make it this year already?

Amir0x said:
I do not think South Park matches the pure brilliance of the humour found in dancing and screaming bunnies, my friend.

Pretty much, yeah.

Hey Ubi, I've got an excellent proposal: make the shorts and skip the game. Everyone wins.

Branduil

dark10x said:
Yes, IF BGE2 ever comes to be (I doubt it), I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if they were to release it on the Wii (more than most games).

Well, releasing it on the other consoles would be a sure way to make sure it sells just as excellently as the first title.

Branduil said:
Well, releasing it on the other consoles would be a sure way to make sure it sells just as excellently as the first title.

Since Zelda is selling so well on the wii, I'm sure BG&E2 would do gangbusters!

I expected more than this from a Rabbids sequel. I guess it sold so well Ubisoft just figure they can pull it off twice with all the new Wii owners since launch.

Alx

I am currently playing RRR and I love it... shooting and dancing games are perfect, most other games are very funny, and those which are not at least use the wiimote in very creative ways.
I think there is potential in a sequel, provided they don't go the easy way and only rehash the first game (yeah I know, it's Ubi...).

White Man

Raving rabbids was a decent enough launch title, but I was hoping for something with more substance for the Rabbid characters. Those designs are too good to waste on minigame shit fests.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
My girlfriend's gonna love this, she spent countless hours on the first one.

Taxman said:
A self-destructive platforming/action adventure title starring the bunnies by themselves would rock.

BTW, let me join the choir of "Where's my BG&E 2?".

StevieP

Banned
dark10x said:
Yes, IF BGE2 ever comes to be (I doubt it), I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if they were to release it on the Wii (more than most games).

I hope he's not spending much time on this Raving Rabbids crap, though. :(

Yeah, because the first BG&E sold so well, that they're giving Ancel an HD-level 15mill+ budget for BG&E2 :lol (btw, Ancel loves the Wii - I'm sure a sequel will be going there if it ever gets greenlighted).

Y'know, I won't be picking up a sequel to RRR at full price (the first one was a shitload of fun, but not worth the $50), but I'll gladly pick up its sequel at $40/30 or less. Many, many fun moments had from the first game, especially with a group of people. The Simon Says-ish minigame along made 3 women scream much like the Rabbids :lol

At least the damn thing has better graphics (apparently)... the first one was really clean-looking, and had charm, but technically wasn't doing anything special other than some inventive uses of the remote. Hopefully this one will be deeper and perhaps have some actual platforming amongst the waggling.

Fredescu

RRR had some great minigames. Better than most of the Warioware ones. It just lacked the polish and options. If you put the RRR minigames into the Warioware shell you'd have an awesome minigame game
game
. I assume I'm the only person on GAF looking forward to RRR2, and I'm fine with that.
And now the bad news: NGamer didn't seem impressed as some mini games look like rehashes from the original.
That's not necessarily bad news. "Some" is not very strong wording. "Most" would be bad, but they could rehash the rail shooter and hippo racer over and over and I'll keep coming back. Bad news would be if they didn't improve the multiplayer options, or the shitty "you failed" etc screens and music.

Fredescu said:
I assume I'm the only person on GAF looking forward to RRR2, and I'm fine with that.
We've hardly written it off yet. This is one preview from a Nintendo magazine.

I was hoping Ubisoft after parading their "We want to be the next EA on Wii" trash would try to raise the standards of third party titles.
Instead of essentially doing the same game twice, and no doubt selling a million.. they could have taken the sub-series further in new ways. The mini game genre is already stagnant on Wii.

Raising the standards of Wii games is the key to destroying shovelware, and making a million seller at the same time.

Fredescu

Visualante said:
The mini game genre is already stagnant on Wii.
Because of two full games? Warioware and RRR were both quite different, and both had their problems which could be improved upon. That's not really "stagnant."

Wasting time on tacking on mini games to other full games is another story. I've never even touched the ones in Sonic.

Ramenman

One thing I can think of, is if the miginames were sort of "story driven".

Like in Feel The Magic/Project Rub and also Rub Rabbits. Yes, there is a story in those game, and it's a good way to 'forget' that you're playing minigames, and the sort of wacky story this appeal to would sooo much fit with RR crazy rabbits.

Seriously, they should do that.

Branduil said:

StevieP said:
Yeah, because the first BG&E sold so well, that they're giving Ancel an HD-level 15mill+ budget for BG&E2 :lol

You both won.

Ramenman said:
it's a good way to 'forget' that you're playing minigames, and the sort of wacky story this appeal to would sooo much fit with RR crazy rabbits.
Does the Rayman universe even have a story? I only played number 1. Not that they couldn't fabricate one.. like they did the Rabbids themselves.

However the first game was heavily based on repetition (one of the flaws reviewers often pointed out) so a story would't necessarily fit that well.

Unless it was like detached from the game.. and mini clips were purely rewards for progressing.

Ubisoft is taking notes from Nintendo, they now have their own cash cow. Mini games, are cheap, and aren't a big risk, but if they catch on, they catch on. Especially when there's a drought, beggars won't be choosers.

Taxman said:

I want an antiplatformer using the bunnies but you use them in groups(each bunny with a different attribute), doing mini-game and puzzle style stuff like Treasure Island Z.

Ramenman

Visualante said:
Does the Rayman universe even have a story? I only played number 1. Not that they couldn't fabricate one.. like they did the Rabbids themselves.

There was one in the second one. And in the 3rd too, a wackier one, but it was there. And they already had one set up for Raving Rabbids too... Rayman was supposed to save his girlfriend, his worst ennemy (which was meant to be Andre from R3), his worst ennemy's girlfriend and then the world.

I remember that the game was originally meant to be a platformer, then around july they told in a preview in some magazine (think it was Nintendo Power) that they were mixing platforming, and "alternative gameplay sequences", such as the races, the shoot, AND some wacky minigame, but all of this kind of story driven... Then they turned it to minigames only, probably rushing for launch or something...

Remember those screens ? It looked promising :'(

rabbids05.jpg

rabbids04.jpg

sortaship.jpg

The summoning of wiimote controlled Creatures such as Eagle or Spider was also interesting imo.

And where the toilets minigame actually should have taken place. Here and also here.

I have some more proof again that they were really advanced in the developpement of this version of the game, like an Ancel interview were he talks about what happens in the scenario (Andre from R3 was supposed to make a come back at some point), the whole NP scans (dont know if I could post them, since they're about one year old...) and some "storyboard" with Jabba parody, but I'm really derailing the thread enough here. :D

Still, I'm sad... :(

andthebeatgoeson

I never thought I would say this: Thank God for EA. It's the competition of the big boys to dominate on every platform pushing these two guys this much. It's quick and dirty ports and quick and dirty sequels. Is there any doubt that Red Steel will get a yearly update as well? Fuggin Ubisoft, they are godawful. Maybe they should realize that there is a platformer drought that Rayman would fill excellently. Unfortunately, instead of doing a platformer that wouldn't have hit launch but maybe summer of 07, they won't have a platformer until well after Mario Galaxy. And guess what, it'll get trucked then. And they'll wonder why it didn't sell well.

You can't trust 3rd parties to do anything original. These big conglomerates all just react. Try and fill the need before Nintendo is forced to jump into the arena. How about a good action game? Shooter? RPG? Instead, they want to release another minigame fest after WarioWare, Rayman RR1, Super Monkey Ball and Mario Party are already out.

Pfft, meanwhile, EA has dropped Tiger Woods and a host of other sports games, filling the need. Way before 1080, Mario Strikers and Mario Tennis is out. Thank you EA for being bold enough to release timely games on a system that has established itself as the dominate player in all 3 territories./sarcasm because it's not bold, it's good business. The difference btw EA and Ubi is that EA is trying to fill the gap with games that really take advantage of the system and actually puts effort into it. I'm gonna sell Red Steel just so someone won't be suckered into it. Let me guess, they'll continue to botch the Splinter Cell franchise until it dies off. How did they manage that?

Squeak

Ancel, stop fooling around and waisting your time with this sh*t and give us the real spiritual successor to Rayman 2.

At best, these games won't do anything for the Rayman brand/character, and will disappoint gamers and nongamers.
This is not what Nintendo meant by going after other demographics and simplifying entry into gaming.
This is just plain poor quality and poor value for your money, and everyone, gamer and casual alike will be able to tell that.

Top Bottom