• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman's a trophy in Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS...Wait, WHAT?!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Hahaha, New Super Mario Bros. U and even Wii are far and away better....not to mention the (...) Kirby games.

Yeah, it's best not to mention the Kirby games, because they don't stand a chance when compared to Rayman. Overly simplistic and easy.

maxcriden

Yeah, it's best not to mention the Kirby games, because they don't stand a chance when compared to Rayman. Overly simplistic and easy.

Yeah, I love Kirby games, but compared to something like 100%ing Rayman Origins they're generally much easier.

Hahaha, New Super Mario Bros. U and even Wii are far and away better....not to mention the Donkey Kong and Kirby games.

People are easily fooled by Rayman´s stellar presentation, the level design and secrets are painfully mediocre.
Having played NSMBU I find this amusing.. That game was so mediocre to me, it felt like they didn't have to change anything and that made it super familiar.. Too familiar considering the number of mario bros games.

By contrast.. Mario was awesome. I'll give you DK though, I beat that on the weekend and it was fantastic.. I beat it in four sessions!

I'll know I'm going to get shit but a Rabbid trophy would be nice. There were 6 games released exclusively on Nintendo platforms (not counting the handheld side-scrolling versions as separate) with only one game, Rabbids Kinect, not on Nintendo platforms.

I'm a big fan of them and own all of the games except the Kinect one. Much like Sonic Racing is my Mario Kart equivalent on Wii and Wii U the Rabbids are my Mario Party equivalent. The Rabbids are strongly tied to Nintendo historically and would fit in as a rare modern (created in the last generation) third-party trophy.

As would Travis Touchdown but I hope one day he'll actually be in Smash.

Simplistic and easy =/= inferior

Actually, for a lot of gamers, yes it does. Difficulty = respect. Easy games make you think the dev thinks you are a bad gamer with no skills. They don't respect you. Hard games make you feel respected and it is much more satisfying to win. I cant stand Mario from the last decade for this reason, but I love Donkey Kong and Rayman for this reason.

maxcriden

Actually, for a lot of gamers, yes it does. Difficulty = respect. Easy games make you think the dev thinks you are a bad gamer with no skills. They don't respect you. Hard games make you feel respected and it is much more satisfying to win. I cant stand Mario from the last decade for this reason, but I love Donkey Kong and Rayman for this reason.

You should check out the Challenge Mode in NSMBU.

Bryko

Made a gif to show the differences between the two, a lot of small changes. Weird.

ELEr8bw.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybeeee...................... Maybe all trophies will have an animation??????? Maybe.........
It's one thing to speculate a special third party trophy supported animation but it's a massive leap in logic to then guess every trophy has animation, especially as we've seen some.

The Kirby games might actually be more mechanically complex than Rayman just due to the significant amount of special moves available from the copy powers. Granted you will die more in Rayman, but when you restart right before the challenge it becomes a war of attrition rather than a true test of skill.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It is the same trophy .... with a completly diferent expression

sHt1dQL.jpg

....this means ubisoft changed the drugged face ?

But they were the ones that gave the model to sakurai in the first place....

Maybe the real megaton is animated trophies?

bon

Whaat, so now Ubisoft posted a different screenshot of a different Rayman? Something fishy is going on.

Ivan 3414

That's silly.

If I'm playing an easy game, I don't think that the developers are spitting in my eye, I just think that I'm playing an easy game. I get playing a game for challenge, but I've never heard of gamers not playing easy games because the developer is disrespecting them.

Difficulty = respect is one I've never heard before haha. I think Kirby games are pretty damn creative with all the different powerups. I definitely feel like I've been respected when playing Kirby.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Maybe the one Ubisoft posted is photoshopped and the one Nintendo posted is how it actually looks like.

#Downgraded.

Zubz

Banned
Made a gif to show the differences between the two, a lot of small changes. Weird.

ELEr8bw.gif

The hair changes completely, though... Maybe the 3DS one is the one Sakurai & team made, and the Wii U one was the one Ubisoft actually did? Animated trophies just seems too weird and unlikely for my tastes.

The hair changes completely, though... Maybe the 3DS one is the one Sakurai & team made, and the Wii U one was the one Ubisoft actually did? Animated trophies just seems too weird and unlikely for my tastes.

That gif set off the animation idea even more for me. Looking at the hair and hoodie, it seems to get some upward momentum as if he's making a little jump (with his feet staying on the ground but they aren't connected so). The hair rotates a bit so we see it from the side. I don't know. It would be very impressive if ever trophy had a little animation, but it seems unlikely since it would take way too much work to justify it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Both pictures have the Wii U's screen ratio.

kvothe

As someone with heavily lidded eyes, I am offended by all these "high Rayman" statements.

NO, SIR, I AM NEITHER HIGH NOR TIRED. BUT I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN ABOUT MY FACE.

Votron

Wasn't any different a situation when there were no Metal Gear Solid games on the Wii yet Snake got into Brawl (plus a ton of MGS2/3/4/Peace Walker stuff)!

Because the fact that snake was released on Gamecube and this was early on into the Wii's life, and then this was BEFORE MGS4 was released on ps3 then AND the Wii won't even be able to handle it regardless without major downgrade...so yea. BUt this Gen in which the game will be released for pretty much last and current gen consoles but No wii U version? Psssss.. DOn't kid yourself Next excuse?

Top Bottom