• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

READ before buying 'Playstation Move Controllers' in anticipation of 'Playstation VR'

atomsk

Party Pooper
Last time I used the one I've got was 2014, charging now.

Holding off on buying a 2nd until I actually get a PSVR

ps3ud0

Well I found my sharpshooter and the nav controller in thats charging - will try the moves once thats charged. Please say I can use my sharpshooter with PSVR!

ps3ud0 8)

Well I found my sharpshooter and the nav controller in thats charging - will try the moves once thats charged. Please say I can use my sharpshooter with PSVR!

ps3ud0 8)

f2qjqthl.jpg

:)

Mathieran

Banned
I bought factory refurbished wands on Amazon so I hope those will have good batteries. They have a warranty so if the battery is bad I should be able to send it back

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Isn't a bit alarmist to worry about batteries for something that's only 3-4 years old?

Incidentally I just bought a brand new move controller from ancient stock 2 months ago and it never occurred to me that there'd be an issue. And there wasn't.

Isn't a bit alarmist to worry about batteries for something that's only 3-4 years old?

Incidentally I just bought a brand new move controller from ancient stock 2 months ago and it never occurred to me that there'd be an issue. And there wasn't.

They were originally released in 2010. It's been almost 6 years of it's release. I personally bought them day one and haven't used them or charged for at least 4 years, which is enough time for the battery to drain out and die. Better safe than sorry. ;)

I definitely went a couple years without using it and it did charge up fine.
I'll see how long it holds a charge now though. Good excuse to dust off some old move games!

I have one move and nav controller lying around. Wonder if i should bite for another cheap used move before people buy them out. But I got no plans to buy VR for atleast 1.5 years.

Pimpbaa

Found my camera. My Move controller wouldn't charge with a phone charger I have been using to charge the ds3 and ds4. Although I think it behaved the same when I had it first. It does seem to be charging off my ps4 however. I just hope it can hold a decent charge. Guess I should buy octodad later to make sure everything is in working order.

Found my camera. My Move controller wouldn't charge with a phone charger I have been using to charge the ds3 and ds4. Although I think it behaved the same when I had it first. It does seem to be charging off my ps4 however. I just hope it can hold a decent charge. Guess I should buy octodad later to make sure everything is in working order.

Sportsfriends was free on PS+. See if you have that.

majik13

Thanks, will test mine tonight, its been several years for sure. I think the last time I used them was for the KZ3 demo.

Pimpbaa

The best practice for improved battery life is: Full charge, then full discharge, then full charge again. After that, charge every time it hits 50% or less.

If a lipo battery is working correctly, it's ok to keep it topped off (no need to drain to 50% every time).

Woot! My controllers just revived! :D

Tried it on Sportsfriends and they light up. However disconnecting the wire completely kills it. The batteries are fully drained to bits, and would require a full charge to see if it holds it.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I have a dusty move and a nav from the old days and I haven't used them since then, well thanks to this thread now I know my move is fine but the nav is completely dead.

this confirms that the Nav controller works with PSVR, unless this is a regular Move-enabled game that the user is just playing with the cinematic mode.

i really hope the Nav is compatible though because it has the D-pad and could be great for PSVR games that only need one Move wand.

The PS4 recognizes the Nav controller. I just tested mine and it works great! Hopefully developers make use of it.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to catch up on some PS3 light gun shooters, so this gives me an excuse to move them up the backlog.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I haven't used my Move controllers for many many years and they are most likely dead.:( I'll try charging them today and update this post.

Edit: It works! The red lights are blinking on the two Move and navigation controller.

Thanks for the thread Shagg. I wouldn't have done this otherwise.

Dusted off my one move controller, charged it up, worked fine. Without the camera it can still control the interface of the PS4 with just swipes, but man is it inaccurate as hell using it that way.

Afrikan

My biggest problem with Move and PSVR (or any light-based tech) is that it requires your home lighting conditions to be stellar. Move controller does not work that well when your home lighting is bright or the sun is shining into your room. It requires darkness (which is why a lot of tech demos shown are in darkness).

This is something that a lot of folks have forgotten from the PSMove days. It was a bitch to work with.

The lighting issue you are talking about has more to do with upper body tracking/head tracking and the PS3 camera.. Tracking the Bright LEDs was not the problem.

The PS4 Camera is much better in dark situations...and of course should also have no issues tracking those LEDs.

El-Suave

Good thing for me that JS Joust is such a popular party game. I've used my controllers a lot the past few years.

Yup, we got a few used ones and now have the maximum seven Move controllers the PS3 allows for JS Joust. Super fun game and it also works on PS4 (only with four controllers though).

Minions

RIP; my nav controller which was still sealed in its box from when I bought it a couple years ago is DOA. Blinks for about 15-20 seconds then turns off. My move controller from the sports champions bundle works though.

Grinchy

Banned
One of my Move controllers was really warm after charging. The other one wasn't warm at all. Both of them charged, at least.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
No Nav controller support? Seems like an odd thing to do.

Nav controller will be supported as well, or at least at one time they said it would be. My guess is not many games will use it though.

I've heard it both ways at this point. They should specify and clear it up.

EDIT: If you have a PS3 still hooked up and the PS3 Eye, snag Sports Champions for Frisbee Golf. It's the Wii Bowling of Move.

RIP; my nav controller which was still sealed in its box from when I bought it a couple years ago is DOA. Blinks for about 15-20 seconds then turns off. My move controller from the sports champions bundle works though.

Hmm, I am not sure if that's the case. The 15-20 second blinking may mean it's searching for a console to connect with. Did you plugin the USB cable to PS4 to let it sync? Confirm before you consider it DOA. :)

Top Bottom