• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reassessing the Switch's lineup post-spotlight

Fireblend

Banned
Where is Stardew Valley, come to think of it...They made an announcement for it coming to Switch and havent said a thing since.
The last tweet from the devs the week before E3 said development is progressing well. I just wish we had a release date.

Also, for first party stuff Im buying pretty much everything lol. The only big one I'm skipping is ARMS.

Riposte

It's a fairly weak line-up, but that's to be expected. I've reorganized OP's list, removed DLC and MHXX since that's not coming west.

New Exclusives (DX is a borderline expansion)
Arms - June 16
Splatoon 2 - July 21
Rabbids x. Mario: Kingdom Battle - August 29
Fire Emblem Warriors - Fall
Pokken DX - September 22
Super Mario Odyssey - October 27
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Holiday

Multiplats
Sonic Mania - August 15
NBA 2K8 - September 19
FIFA '18 - September 29
Sonic Forces - Holiday

Ports of old games (>1year)
Cave Story + - June 20
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - Fall
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Holiday
Rocket League - Holiday
Rayman Legends: Defintive Edition - Holiday
Payday 2 - Holiday

I bought and enjoyed a Wii U with less, but it's a little disappointing in terms of E3 improving things. Props to the 3DS still killing it though.

MartyStu

This lineup IS pretty anemic, but I have faith that this will improve next year. Nintendo alone can vastly improve things by porting some of the Wii U's library over.

Things I am definitely getting:

Splatoon 2
Kingdom Battle

Games I MAY get depending on quality:

Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
Zelda DLC

Ports I hope to see soon:

#FE port
Kerfuffle port

Games I would KILL to have access to, but never will...

Wario Land: Shake It
Metroid Prime 3

Imagine Luigi's Mansion on Switch using the joycons and that HD rumble!

index.php

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got mine at launch as even though I only care for a minority of those games, it's still more than enough to justify it as a third platform. No way I could ever make it or any Nintendo platform in recent years my only or main platform, but as long as I get 5ish retail games a year I want to play on it owning the platform is justified. Add in that I prefer playing most indies (at least the retroish ones) on a portable, and it's even easier.

So far I have Zelda (and DLC pass), Puyo Puyo Tetris, MK8 Deluxe, Arms, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, Blaster Master Zero, Binding of Issac Afterbirth+ and Kamiko.

I'm definitely getting Mario Odyssee, so that's at least 5 retail games first year. I'll probably skip Splatoon 2 as I'm just not into MP shooters anymore, got burnt out on the first, have barely played Overwatch etc. Fire Emblem Warriors is a maybe as I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors--but I'm not big into FE and what I saw from E3 didn't sell me on it at all. The rest doesn't appeal to me, which is fine as plenty I want to play later in the year on PS4/PC.

ramparter

Banned
Games I'm buying:

Super Mario Odyssey - Fucking day 1
Mario + Rabbids - maybe day 1
Splatoon - probably day 1
Arms - as soon as I find it cheaper than 40 eur - second hand ?

That would be more than enough for now!

13ruce

Banned
For Switch this year: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim (third time lmao), Mario, Splatoon, Sonic Forces & Mania, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Stardew Valley, Terraria (whenever that comes).

For 3DS these will be my last 3 games: Super Star Sage Remake, Metroid 2 Samus Returns and Pokemon Ultra Sun (owned Moon so lets vhange things up:p).

For PS4 i will only get AC Origins and buy Wolfenstein, The Evil Within 2 (and 1), Dishonered 2 DLC and Uncharted in a sale later.

I already own Zelda, Mario Kart Deluxe, Arms and Lego City on Switch + these indie games: FAST RMX, Shovel Knight, Minecraft (indie not anymore:p) and Shock Troopers + Metal Slug 3. And that 5 dollar chinese lil action game.
Still need to get Disgea 5 tho is was sold out and i need to wait till it's in stock again order is still up:(

My opinion so far i am really enjoying the Switch so far since arms is out i play daily now. Will even play more when Splatoon 2 is out, normally my Nintendo machines collect dust inbetween games so i am happy with the lineup this year.

chronomac

You're missing a few, small and large, like Bulb Boy, Oceanhorn, Minecraft Story Mode, Redout, Enter the Gungeon, and Stardew Valley, just to name a few (I'm going to go ahead and link to my schedule here because I have no shame). I know you've thrown these under the "indie" label but a lot of these are worth your time. There are also a ton of Neo Geo releases, and those are hitting once per week.

I think it's a pretty robust line-up, at least for Nintendo's standards. Mario, Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon 2, and a bunch of small and large games to fill out the year. And this is just year one, mind you.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Mario is a definite.
Interested in Arms and maybe Splatoon.
Skyrim - When it hits the bargain bin
Sonic Mania - Getting for my wife

I don't think anything else really interests me.

- Indie games I'll continue buying on PC.
- The big AAA games that excite me most are absent on Switch.

Lelou

Arms day // 1
Splatoon 2 going to take, depending by the differences from the wiiu game

Rabbids x. Mario: Kingdom Battle // day 1
Fire Emblem Warriors // day 1
Super Mario Odyssey // day 1
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 // day 1

Is a nice year, but could be better..

Top Bottom