• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me a computer chair.

Max budget $1000 Can ($750 US).

Comfort - Every body type is different. I'm 6 ft 2, 175 lbs, long legged.

I've seen some mesh chairs, and I like the idea of a chair that's "breathable" so as to not get a sweaty back. But I don't know how comfortable they are.

I PC game and also play my consoles at my desk, so it will get a lot of use. I'm semi retiring in the fall, so even more time to game.

Preferably something that is available in Canada, or at least ships to Canada. Even better if it was from Amazon as I have lots of credit there.

My current $250 Can "Staples Serta" chair was comfortable enough in trying it out at the store. But over longer sessions, the lumbar support (adjustable) is never comfy. It's fake leather and if the temperature goes up at all, I get sweaty and gross.

I'm betting there are high end brands/models that almost everyone can agree on.

Weilthain

Banned
One day I’ll get a decent computer chair but I’ve always gone cheap and never been satisfied. Everyone of them was not what I’d hoped for

Maybe I’ll see one here and be tempted.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
If you're in a decent sized city, check Craigslist or Facebook for a Herman Miller Aeron. Businesses buy them in bulk and when they downsize or shutter, they'll typically be sold off for $300-$350 or so each. Size B fits most people.

If you're in a decent sized city, check Craigslist or Facebook for a Herman Miller Aeron. Businesses buy them in bulk and when they downsize or shutter, they'll typically be sold off for $300-$350 or so each. Size B fits most people.

Interesting. Did a quick look.

yrxAfln.jpg

So it ticks the "mesh" box for sure. And they are comfortable despite not being stuffed with padding?

Last edited:
Herman Miller if you have that kind of budget. My workplace has the Mirra 2 model and they are very comfortable and highly adjustable. They even sent a sales guy over to teach everyone how to use it lol.

rickyEGM

Banned
Herman Miller is really comfortable. I game in a Herman Miller Embody. Great chair, but can't go wrong with the Aeron either.

anmolosm

Neo Member
$750 should purchase a very good chair.

Comfortable is subjective:

Go to as many stores and locations as you can and actually sit in some chairs.

Examine the chairs carefully to see how well they are made and assembled.

Test all of the controls. Move around in the chair.

Should give you some sense of whether the chair is durable or not.

Select a couple of candidate chairs and look for online reviews by professional reviewers and verified buyers.

If interested in buying Online than Read Reviews and guides before making your purchase, adding some links for help check it out:

https://www.t3.com/features/best-gaming-chair
https://bestchairsreviews.com/best-office-chairs-under-500
https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-chairs/

I hope it helps.

Just as a followup, I did end up purchasing a chair. I ended up going with a "Hyken" chair from staples. It's a low cost chair, and downright cheap when on sale. Its obviously not an Aeron, but it's got the mesh I wanted, and works well so far.

SpartanN92

Banned
Anybody have any recommendations in the $200-$300 range?
I’m 6’5” and 275lbs

My office chair that I’d had for 10 years broke today 😭

Top Bottom