• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore DE Details Revealed (Reduced Load Times, 2 New Overworlds, 10 Dungeons + More)

Via the ReCore site.

https://www.recoregame.com/upcoming-updates-new-adventures-recore-definitive-edition/

UPCOMING UPDATES & NEW ADVENTURES IN RECORE: DEFINITIVE EDITION

New Adventure
“Eye of Obsidian” is a brand new chapter in the ReCore story. Join the plucky Corebot, Violet, and journey into the permanent midnight of the “Starving Sea”, a previously unexplored region of Far Eden where ancient enemies plot their revenge on the last remnants of humankind!

New Companion
T8-NK Corebot (“Tank”)

New Areas to Explore
2 New Overworlds
10 New Dungeons
Dynamic sandstorms in Far Eden’s Shifting Sands regions. Brave the storms to defeat more dangerous enemies and earn more valuable loot.

New Weapon Modes
3 new weapon modes for Joule’s Energy Rifle (switch to these instead of the charge shot)

Load Times
When dying, reload times for combat encounters went from 30-60 seconds to < 5 seconds
Restarting traversals and arenas are now instantaneous (was a load before)
Optimized Level/Area Load Times

Prismatic Cores
Added P-Cores for additional game play rewards and made them show up on the map from greater distances
P-Core requirements fixed to a single value for the entire E-Tower. (Once you’re in the E-Tower, you no longer need additional cores.)

The Map
The Map displays everything that needs to be collected (audio logs, chests, prismatic cores)
The Map shows all visual parts of dungeon maps
Objective Markers improved
Map improvements (greater visual detail, better iconography, improved zoom functionality, more game elements show up like power cells, audio logs, etc)

Fast Travel
Fast Travel points now allow the player to complete Stash Transfers, Swap Cores and set their Companion Party Configuration without having to go back to the Sandcrawler
The player can now warp anywhere there is a Fast Travel node via the Map
Intra-Level (e.g. within The Cradle) fast travel warping is now instantaneous
Added a few new Fast Travel nodes (Granite Steps, Lonely Basin, The Cradle)

Gear
All new AoK gear for all Corebots
Armor stats now make each Set vastly different from one another & the Perks have been refined and polished
Blueprint Inventory now sorts by Armor Type, Color and LVL requirement

Combat
Improved the Combo Meter to encourage much higher combo amounts, with the ability to chain combos for a longer period of time.
At high combos (more than x10), the player now keeps some of the combo meter after using an extract!
Global weapon tuning, enemy health and damage balancing, and late game encounter improvements

General
Enhanced visuals (increased resolution and HDR support)
20 New Achievements and 500 gamerscore.
Increased level cap from 30 to 40
4 new bosses and Tank challenges
Various UX and Feedback fixes (Core Pulling HUD, Combo Counter feedback & wordsmithing, menu navigation)
Audio for pickups, combat feedback, rewards improved
Dialogue from Corebots and Violet is no longer in the Corebot language and is now readable

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
might be time for me to pick this up then! not that i was holding off...just never really had time. great timing i suppose :)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
might be time for me to pick this up then! not that i was holding off...just never really had time. great timing i suppose :)
Its coming to game pass next month so that will be the cheapest option, if you only play it for one month that is.

GHG

I'll get this now that the loading times are finally fixed.

Good work from the devs.

I only got through maybe the first dungeon when I played it before, possibly a bit of the second, but I really liked what I played. Felt really "futuristic Zelda" to me which was a nice change of pace as I was beating TP and SS leading up to BotW.

All these improvements sound fantastic though so I'll probably just start over once the DE hits and I have time. Woo!

SimonM7

To me, the biggest flaw of ReCore was the way it handled loadouts and gear, specifically the particulars of the loop of returning to your HQ to engage with that stuff. I'd hoped to see some tweaks in that regard, but this is still a really substantial update, and I'll revisit the game for sure.

JaggedSac

Hot damn, now that is what this game should have been from the damn beginning. Load times alone are fantastic but the companion swapping without going back to base will be a huge time saver. Core requirements for tower being gone is great too. Now I am excited to go back to this thing after I get the X.

LiK

Super glad I never played the unfinished version at launch. This sounds like what they wanted to release all along.

So all this stuff is free right if you already own the original game? Bought it on Black Friday along with Gears 4 but never opened them. Can't wait to play em on XB1X.

JaggedSac

To me, the biggest flaw of ReCore was the way it handled loadouts and gear, specifically the particulars of the loop of returning to your HQ to engage with that stuff. I'd hoped to see some tweaks in that regard, but this is still a really substantial update, and I'll revisit the game for sure.

Did you read the details in the OP?

Nephtes

Wow.
Sounds like waiting to play this was the better choice...
Some of those QOL changes... I can't believed they shipped the game in that state...

Does this help?

Fast Travel points now allow the player to complete Stash Transfers, Swap Cores and set their Companion Party Configuration without having to go back to the Sandcrawler
The player can now warp anywhere there is a Fast Travel node via the Map

Zedox

Did you read the details in the OP?

Sounds like a couple people haven't. This is what the game should have been when they released it, solid title. Hopefully other people jump in and at least try it out (Use gamepass if need be...even if you are on PC...$10). I hope they stick with ReCore as an IP...it's really good imo.

All I really want to know is if there's a physical edition because that mock cover was very pretty; I've checked on Amazon and they're still selling the first edition (yes, I now the upgrade is free).

Sounds like a couple people haven't. This is what the game should have been when they released it, solid title. Hopefully other people jump in and at least try it out (Use gamepass if need be...even if you are on PC...$10). I hope they stick with ReCore as an IP...it's really good imo.

Could you imagine a Recore 2 with a good budget, Blur cinematics and co-developed with Rare.

Gator86

Feeling incredibly pleased with the 9 bucks I spent on a used copy earlier this week. This seems like a huge update to a game where the biggest criticism was it was unfinished. Excited to play it.

Fuchsdh

The loading time reduction sounds amazing. By far my least favorite element of a lot of modern games is the tedious restart after death. I've been used to near-instantaneous loads since Halo, and that was 16 years ago.

Glad I waited to break into this game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Woa this makes me want to keep playing.
Discounted or free upgrade for existing owners?

Gestault

These are pretty close to the ideal improvements the original game needed. Better late than never, and being a $20 game (or a free update if you already have it) is good stuff.

FaintDeftone

Prismatic Cores
Added P-Cores for additional game play rewards and made them show up on the map from greater distances
P-Core requirements fixed to a single value for the entire E-Tower. (Once you’re in the E-Tower, you no longer need additional cores.)

Wait, does this mean they fixed the monotonous collect-a-thon padding towards the end of the game that made me stop playing?

Rosur2a

I might get this version as looking it fixes the issues with the end game and be a good game to see on the X. Though does seem like it will be a games for gold title at some point.

Gestault

I might get this version as looking it fixes the issues with the end game and be a good game to see on the X. Though does seem like it will be a games for gold title at some point.

It's already been announced as a Game Pass library title, too.

Sygma

did they tweak the endgame grind at all? it seemed to be the biggest issue the game had

Not if you wanna access all the dungeons from the looks of it. Tower has a fixed amount of required cores you ll need to climb it, however, compared to before

Damn that's a substantial upgrade from the sounds of it. Never played the original release but will pick this up with my One X for sure

munroe

Wait, does this mean they fixed the monotonous collect-a-thon padding towards the end of the game that made me stop playing?

It sounds like the following : instead of entering the tower and finding out you need (for example) 20 cores, only to find out on the next level you need 30 cores, then 40 cores, I believe the entry requirement to even enter the tower will just be the greater amount

I stopped when I reached that last huge area last holiday when I heard they were updating the game early this year

Should I restart?

Hopefully I won't have to and can access all the new stuff.

Zedox

Could you imagine a Recore 2 with a good budget, Blur cinematics and co-developed with Rare.

I don't even need the other two. Gimmie ReCore gameplay but Rise of the Tomb Raider type of exploration/world budget. Hopefully we'll get ReCore 2 in like 3 years.

Top Bottom