• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

cf148defc9d9c2560c6c0262d02039db.gif

Who is she?

So much for that, I'm a fool thinking that there wouldn't be a repeat, oh well. Maybe we'll get a simultaneous PC release too... lol

Maybe they need the Benz.

Nategc20

Banned
All those other 3rd parties who planned holiday releases just breathed the hugest sigh of relief.
This game wont even go toe to toe against call of duty 2018 or madden 2019 in sales in the west. Not sure why people think this game is a lock for it to do gangbusters.

Siege.exe

This game wont even go toe to toe against call of duty 2018 or madden 2019 in sales in the west. Not sure why people think this game is a lock for it to do gangbusters.

Probably because the first game sold well and CoD and Madden don't stop other games from selling well just because they also sell well.

Why does rockstar even bother announcing a release window until it's out in 5 months or less? We all know it's going to be delayed.

LQX

Everyone but Rockstar knew this game would be delayed. In fact I think delaying games is part of their marketing strategies.

eso76

Too bad but expected and no big deal.
Most anticipated 2017 release becomes most anticipated 2018 release, and that's it.

Everyone but Rockstar knew this game would be delayed. In fact I think delaying games is part of their marketing strategies.
They probably know but need to set some target date along the way for both themselves and investors to work towards.

Option-

This is actually good for the industry and I wouldn´t conspire against a theory that says that Rockstar deliberatly delayed it to show other devs that they should be allowed to so with their games, too as a sign to the industry (and to dodge Destiny 2).

Toni

We have to considerate the fact that after GTA 5 Online blew up, the reason of this delay could be to focus on RDR 2 Online, so its ready for retail release. Something R* didn't have to prioritize in before.

Online was almost like an after-thought in RDR 1, primarily serving your regular MP matches as the main component and Co-op on the side for replayability. But for RDR 2, I'd wager Rockstar would want to throw everything together like GTA 5 Online and just create a huge free roam map with stuff to do with your friends in it, instead of separating the components.

Because if RDR 2 online takes off (and its done well), well holy shit at all the extra money that is about to come Rockstar's way.

This is actually good for the industry and I wouldn´t conspire against a theory that says that Rockstar deliberatly delayed it to show other devs that they should be allowed to so with their games, too as a sign to the industry (and to dodge Destiny 2).

Hoo boy... They delayed their game just to show other developers that it's OK to take their time? The R* stanning reaches heights unseen on GAF sometimes. I remember some dude talking about the floaty-ass controls in GTAV being deliberate commentary on how listless moving through life feels or some shit. Man.

Makes me wonder why they even announced it would be out this year in the first place....

It's like early, wrong, release dates has become a form of douchebag marketing strategy.

Really not sure why people are falling for these screenshots at this point. How many devs have posted beautiful screens only for the eventual downgrade in visual quality?

Guess they are doing exaxtly what Rockstar intended: softening the blow from the games delay and generating hype.

I dont expect the final product to look this good. If microsoft plays its cards right, Ill be in the market for a scorpio so I would love to be wrong.

Top Bottom