• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Coming to Switch and PS4 (Digital August 17th, Physical October 13th)

This just further proves how Rockstar is a pos company. They don't have enough respect for fans to even offer a bare minimum 60 fps port of an Rdr1 re-release. They wont give next gen owners a simple 60 fps patch for Rdr2.

Its all about the greed for Rockstar. Gta trilogy remastered is still a piece pf crap too.

mclaren777

If this includes the Euphoria physics of the original, I'll buy it day one. If not, I'm (sadly) going to have to pass.

BountifulMadArgentineruddyduck-max-1mb.gif

I get that it's fun to hate on Rockstar but let's be honest: the bulk of the anger should be directed at Sony. If Sony had taken the time to prioritize PS3 backward compatibility -- which has long been a community feature request -- this wouldn't be an issue. There'd already be a PS4 Pro enhanced version of RDR1: the same version that's been on Xbox One X for years.

Instead, Sony argued that PS3 back compat work was too hard, not economical, or whatever excuse they'd have at the time. Then decided the only way they'd let modern PlayStation consoles have PS3 titles was through a curated cloud-based format only available through PSNow then PS+ Premium. Rockstar is only working within the confines of what Sony provided.

For all their faults, at least Microsoft understands the value of maintaining multi-generational game access, much like PC libraries on Steam.
Whereas Sony "believes in generations" and has no issues walling off your past games on previous consoles, only allowing you access if you pay again.
Stfu 😂😂😂

Forcing console war narrative into the thread is classy.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Imagine if this was a proper remaster and on Xbox too. I'm sure they would have got Xbox players buying it again. Also the backlash would have been smaller if this had been a native PS5 game also on PS4. Just make this a proper cross-gen game.

Last edited:

DeVeAn

Ugh, they couldn’t be arsed to give us a res bump and 60fps? Why such low effort? I bet this will have bugs at release too. What happened to Rockstar after RDR2?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I get that it's fun to hate on Rockstar but let's be honest: the bulk of the anger should be directed at Sony. If Sony had taken the time to prioritize PS3 backward compatibility -- which has long been a community feature request -- this wouldn't be an issue. There'd already be a PS4 Pro enhanced version of RDR1: the same version that's been on Xbox One X for years.

Instead, Sony argued that PS3 back compat work was too hard, not economical, or whatever excuse they'd have at the time. Then decided the only way they'd let modern PlayStation consoles have PS3 titles was through a curated cloud-based format only available through PSNow then PS+ Premium. Rockstar is only working within the confines of what Sony provided.

For all their faults, at least Microsoft understands the value of maintaining multi-generational game access, much like PC libraries on Steam.
Whereas Sony "believes in generations" and has no issues walling off your past games on previous consoles, only allowing you access if you pay again.
You got a misplaced “believe in generations” dig, Rockstar doing the bare minimum to make a stripped off simple port at a high price many years later is not Sony’s fault (I guess I should blame Sony for the Switch port also) and not Rockstar for not doing a remaster… only need a reference to Velocity Architecture, VRR (nope, now Sony has it too), VRS, and Sampler Feedback Streaming to complete the platform war pitch Bingo.

rockstar is on crack.

i mean it kinda makes sense for Switch but full price is still rough for such an old game. other than that it's only going to PS4? lmfao. this should've been a remake with RDR2 graphics/engine on PS5/XSX and PC. Switch could've still got the version it's getting.

even if it goes on sale it's not worth buying.... this is so bizarre lol. looks like it's just another lazy ass cash grab. rockstar hires a studio to do a half arsed job and then they know fools will buy it because "rockstar".

if you haven't realised by now this ain't the same rockstar from 10+ years ago. as soon as they release GTA VI then everyone will be happy and they'll keep getting away with this shit for another 10 years.

Braag

This is kinda hilarious but also just sad with how low effort everything Rockstar lately has been.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So...is there a list of the improvements?:pie_thinking::pie_roffles:
It has to be 1080p on PS4 and 1440p on PS4 Pro right?

No details on anything but someone counted the screens on the official website and they were 2160p, but they could very well be bullshots. (the game does render natively at 2160p on xbox bc so its not entire impossible either).

Braag

19 millions sales for GTA trilogy last time I checked, people are happy with what's on offer (sadly)
I think they are just "suffering from success" and don't really need to care much. Outsourcing half assed ports on old platforms still sell.

Elios83

No details on anything but someone counted the screens on the official website and they were 2160p, but they could very well be bullshots. (the game does render natively at 2160p on xbox bc so its not entire impossible either).

Well there is no native PS5 version, Switch isn't running this in native 4K, base PS4 will likely be native 1080p. PS4 Pro could do 4k at 30fps with PS3 graphics, which might leave the possibility open for it to run at native 4K with forced 60fps on PS5 through BC.

Anyway the game is too outdated at this point, I remember I was completely bored and kept playing just to see the ending by the time I reached Mexico.
And that was 13 years ago.

Pallas

I was hoping to replay this with an updated engine or at the very least a new coat of paint. Guess I’ll have to stick to my series x version. 😮‍💨

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
just sad with how low effort everything Rockstar lately has been.
TuuWGm1.jpg

When you've made this much money on one game you can be as shit as can be in terms of output. Factor in too that the key players of the company left and now you get winning treats such as 'Grove streets' GTA trilogy effort..

Look at all the other giants of media and see whats happend to them over the years until now. Most are now filled with this 'Equity and diversity' bullshit and thats just the tip of the iceberg. Key people pushed out/leave, new people come in who couldnt run a piss up in a brewery hence everything burning in piles of shite

It's partly the reason I have zero faith of GTA 6 being much cop. It sure as hell wont have the humour of Vice City, iii or even IV (V wasnt even that humerous truth be told, it was quite infantile humour when it came to it)

If i'm wrong about any of this i'll gladly eat my hat. I hope I am, but it's current year and AAA hasnt been great.

Dazraell

I find it hilarious that the lesson they've learned after GTA Definitive Flops was to do even more low-effort ports. This is one of the most tone-deaf approaches since Diablo Immortal

Zheph

I find it hilarious that the lesson they've learned after GTA Definitive Flops was to do even more low-effort ports. This is one of the most tone-deaf approaches since Diablo Immortal

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have yet to see anything official on whether it's only 30 fps. Just a bunch of tweets.

Gonna holdout hope that it will be 60 fps.

Unbloody likely. It seems that they were deadset on making this as shitty as possible

TheUsual

Gold Member
It would be a pleasant surprise if it's 60fps but lack of confirmation on their announcement pretty much seals the deal. Damn shame as well.

Edit : I would laugh if it's locked 30fps and they say we wanted parity with the Switch version as the reason. (Ignoring resolution differences of course)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It would be better if they did that instead of using the PS3 version. The PS3 version was inferior in pretty much every way.
Yeah, it would be stupid to see the PS4 re-release looking worse than the Xbox 360 version (resolution aside)…
Watching the video in 4K at home on the TV, you can tell it's above even the 360 version. Now if it's also 60fps on the PS5, I do hope they release a 60fps patch for the Xbox version, but we are still waiting on RDR2 60fps, so...

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Red dead redemption re release is interesting, but bad decisions are piling up for rock star.

Top Bottom