• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Coming to Switch and PS4 (Digital August 17th, Physical October 13th)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What's the point of this?

Seriously.

3cj1bg.png

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Last edited:
Fun fact, Double Eleven Studios are the next town over to me and stared by ex rockstar employees, they're usually good quality when porting stuff tbf

But the gall to ask for 50 quid for a barebone port is ridiculous.

Is it not going to xbox?

No need to port to Xbox One/Series, those can run the 360 original

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nearly full price for a port and couldn't even be bothered to make native current gen versions or finally release it on PC.
How embarrassing.
Nearly? That’s more expensive than new game was considering inflation lol. Mother fucking fuckers

This would have made sense 10 years ago. Now it's a joke, anything other than a remake is a pointless money grab.

Considering people had a problem with The Last of Us being remade for PS5 and PC i can only imagine the uproar to this should be a thousand times worse.

Last edited:
What are some of you talking about? Its a fuck up if they don't spend the years necessary remaking an old game while in the middle of development for what will be this gen's biggest title? Stop crying, get real.
Lol they did to themselves. Who teased the whole of mexico map in rdr 2 with not even a story mission there.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If it's 4K and at least 60 fps on PS5, I will get it when it's cheaper.

But if its only 30 fps, then I won't bother.

mrcroket

All it has is additional languages. It’s probably going to be 720p/30.

PC emulation is far superior as it allows 60fps.
Nop, on pc in xenia has graphics glitches and crashes, maybe in a future. Also you need a very beefy pc for 4k/60.

Last edited:

Holammer

Maybe they will announce a Remaster for current year systems?
If not, PC players have more options if they prefer Yuzu.

Hugare

Hopefully it at least has PS4 Pro support and enhancements, the press just says PS4 with BC support on PS5.

RDR in 4K looks very nice, still
Every PS4 game released after the Pro gotta have a Pro version

Dont know how devs are respecting this rule, but it was a rule back then

So we will at least have a 30/4K Pro version (I hope)

Macaron

Banned
This would have made sense 10 years ago. Now it's a joke, anything other than a remake is a pointless money grab.

Considering people had a problem with The Last of Us being remade for PS5 and PC i can only imagine the uproar to this should be a thousand times worse.
No, it makes sense right now, when its not on those systems in anyway and they clearly aren't doing a remake.

This thread filled with the biggest baby tears with the dumbest of reasons behind them

No, it makes sense right now, when its not on those systems in anyway and they clearly aren't doing a remake.

This thread filled with the biggest baby tears with the dumbest of reasons behind them

I mean sure there's a slight argument for it but considering the scope of this release is so tiny it probably should have been done a long long time ago.

The price though is a major problem considering it's in no way improved. Much better off just playing this one on Xbox for whoever has access to that console.

This. The two largest fan bases in the world right now are getting an amazing game. Huge revenue boost and great for people that don't have it, or want to play it on the go. Huge win for R* and fans, but a debbie downer for the PS5/XSX/PC elitists on this board. Boo hoo.

They did this to themselves? Because you interpreted a part of the map in a game released like 8 years ago to mean a remake HAD to happen?

No, you did it to yourself, with this ridiculous way of thinking and setting expectations.
Lol ok then. Keep defending R*, maybe we get gta 6 before the ps6 launch lmao.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

Macaron

Banned
I mean sure there's a slight argument for it but considering the scope of this release is so tiny it probably should have been done a long long time ago.

The price though is a major problem considering it's in no way improved. Much better off just playing this one on Xbox for whoever has access to that console.
I bet this game sells well. So price isn't actually a problem if thats the case is it?

Lol ok then. Keep defending R*, maybe we get gta 6 before the ps6 launch lmao.
Yes I will defend Rockstar from a thread full of crying big ass babies who expect them to ground up remake this game while in the middle of GTA development 👍

Kikorin

Someday I'll buy this on Switch just because of the greatness of Euphoria Engine, like a document of the peak for physics/animations that will never be reached again (we are going backwards actually).

Top Bottom