• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Went to Max Landis' twitter to see if the tweets were still there or deleted, and....

https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/638493083043262464

In that video, Jay even acts surprised that Mike even liked it. Weak argument from the guy.

what a salty little asshole

The reviews have been largely mediocre to negative. Instead of whining that two internet personalities didn't like it, and bring decent arguments for it, how about complaining about everybody else?

And the review for Jurassic Park told exactly what the movie was. A stupid fun blockbuster. It's dinosaurs and a man with two margaritas. What's not to love? Not to mention that Kay was highly critical and Mike was basically just "fuck it I enjoyed it I guess"

They liked (didn't love) the Chronicles, totally lukewarm towards the Hobbit movies, and split on the JW.

I'm sure they will mention this on the Wednesday stream.

i hope they give him the attention he deserves. Which is like a crack at him at one point during their next review

"Hey Mike did you hear about X movie?"

"No, but I hope it doesn't suck"

"Jeez we better not give our opinions on it, or the writer might start twisting our words on twitter"

inky

There is no such thing as "on point" criticism of art. Only stuff you agree with and stuff you don't.

They should just call their reviews art. Then everything he says is invalid amirite

I didn't realize Landis was such a fucking child.

I can understand being disappointed that people aren't taking to something you've created, but Landis is acting too immature about this whole thing. I mean, it's not like he wrote the Citizen Kane of movies.

Sephzilla

Max Landis is exposing himself to be nothing more than entitled little punk.

I'm also pretty sure Jurassic World and all three Hobbit movies were in fact better than his stupid Chuck knock off.

Sephzilla

is that so surprising when he only has a career because of nepotism?

"my dad killed three people on set, buy my script!"

I'm starting to think he can't think of an original idea on his own.

• Chronicle = Super hero tropes meets Akira
  • American Ultra = Jason Bourne and Chuck do the DBZ fusion dance.
  • His most notable Youtube videos = Low budget retellings of 90s comic book stories & wrestling
This guy's notoriety seems entirely built on the work of others.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm starting to think he can't think of an original idea on his own.

• Chronicle = Super hero tropes meets Akira
  • American Ultra = Jason Bourne and Chuck do the DBZ fusion dance.
  • His most notable Youtube videos = Low budget retellings of 90s comic book stories & wrestling
This guy's notoriety seems entirely built on the work of others.

i can hardly hold that against him. nothing is original anymore...

Aiii

So not worth it
If they have Max Landis on, I'm afraid the world will overload with the hack fraudery of it all.

Too many hack frauds to process all at once.

ElTopo

Banned
Max has a very ADHD personality (I think he actually has ADHD and he's admitted to being Bipolar) if that wasn't obvious then you should watch his appearance on Screen Junkies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad4T7c7T1So

I don't know if he'd work on BOTW or a Half in the Bag because he's so hyper whereas the RLM crew have a more subdued and absurdest style of humor. It would be interesting in a trainwreck-y way though.

barik

He was also on The Indoor Kids podcast recently, but I couldn't finish it. He's absolutely insufferable to listen to.

jett

D-Member
Max has a very ADHD personality (I think he actually has ADHD and he's admitted to being Bipolar) if that wasn't obvious then you should watch his appearance on Screen Junkies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad4T7c7T1So

I don't know if he'd work on BOTW or a Half in the Bag because he's so hyper whereas the RLM crew have a more subdued and absurdest style of humor. It would be interesting in a trainwreck-y way though.

Man that haircut doesn't suit Landis.

ElTopo

Banned
I just remember roughly 3-4 years ago when there was a stream that had Feeding Frenzy and Mike and Jay were in the chat room taking some questions. There so many fans in there asking questions that Mike was mindfucked by the barrage and the chat had to be slowed down.

I don't think Mike could handle Max talking at about a 100 miles per hour.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
for me i feel like rocket league would get old kind of fast. i couldn't imagine spending more than like 7 hours on it.

for me i feel like rocket league would get old kind of fast. i couldn't imagine spending more than like 7 hours on it.

I thought the game looked super boring when streamers were playing it during release, but seeing some of the youtube highlight vids changed my mind, it really is pretty crazy when people aren't doing that little league ball chase.

Top Bottom