• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

inky

Fucking hack frauds jumping on the reaction video bandwagon. Between this and sub only mode in Pre-Rec they must be desperate for moeny!

inky

I know this is old news and has been said before a bunch of times, but god, Jay became such a handsome motherfucker almost overnight. Damn.

Cheerilee

They called themselves that in something. I think it was a Half in the Bag

In their seventh episode of Half in the Bag, the one with the Watchman interview, they replaced Mike with a Rich Evans-portrayed character, and Jay killed him for being awful, and when he called to get Mike back to the show, Mike agreed that "the fraud ratio had jumped from 50% to 100%".

In a teaser for their new digital downloads, Mr Plinkett (the Mike-voiced "Plinkett reviews" version) said that he could sign DVDs that were purchased, and maybe "that hack fraud" Jay could sign them too.

So it kind of started out with Mike comically insulting Jay, but it turned into a term of endearment from the fans to all of them.

DrSlek

I guess they're going to have to reshoot all of Spacecop, going by this reaction vid. On the plus side, there should be shitloads of footage for the making of Spacecop.

I guess they're going to have to reshoot all of Spacecop, going by this reaction vid. On the plus side, there should be shitloads of footage for the making of Spacecop.

I wonder how many hours they spent trying to figure out where the shot footage was in the sea of camera lens footage

komplanen

It should have cut immediately to them all recovering from the reaction and calming down, and then all leaving the room. Then just the empty room for 10 minutes.

Who the fuck do you think you are correcting the Red Letter Media? Back off hater OMG go back to sucking George Lucas' dick you neeeeeerd.

In their seventh episode of Half in the Bag, the one with the Watchman interview, they replaced Mike with a Rich Evans-portrayed character, and Jay killed him for being awful, and when he called to get Mike back to the show, Mike agreed that "the fraud ratio had jumped from 50% to 100%".

In a teaser for their new digital downloads, Mr Plinkett (the Mike-voiced "Plinkett reviews" version) said that he could sign DVDs that were purchased, and maybe "that hack fraud" Jay could sign them too.

So it kind of started out with Mike comically insulting Jay, but it turned into a term of endearment from the fans to all of them.
It's been going on longer than that. I think the 'behind the scenes' video they did for one of their old horror movies pre-Plinkett Star Wars reviews had them jokingly asking the cast and crew what their thoughts were about the 'hack frauds' that directed and wrote the film.

Also jesus Chewbacca's face as he's melting is priceless.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i heard something about a George Lucas museum being built in Chicago. would be funny if RLM goes there after it is completed and does... something

komplanen

i heard something about a George Lucas museum being built in Chicago. would be funny if RLM goes there after it is completed and does... something

Wanna know what is my most hated RLM skit? it's Rich dressed up as George Lucas and buying copies of the Holiday Special to destry at comic con.

I cringe every time I see it. It's not poorly done, really, but fuck I can't stand "on the streets" candid camera comedy like that.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wanna know what is my most hated RLM skit? it's Rich dressed up as George Lucas and buying copies of the Holiday Special to destry at comic con.

I cringe every time I see it. It's not poorly done, really, but fuck I can't stand "on the streets" candid camera comedy like that.
Thats one of the best though. But I see why you don't like it. I love it though.

Cheerilee

I thought that tidbit about how Jay was almost (got the job, didn't want to do it) an actor stand in for the remake was interesting

If I believe Jay's anecdote (that actors are hackfrauds who lie for a living and make up anecdotes on talk shows), then logically I can't believe Jay's anecdote. I don't know what to believe anymore. Save me, Mr Plinkett!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But Mike, without the prequels you wouldn't have done the Star Wars Plinkett reviews. And without those RLM wouldn't be half as popular as it is now. Are you sure that's a world you want to live in?

Half might be understating it
47da28f8e10c27bb93cd82d9dbc0f92b.jpg

Top Bottom