• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
oh but, there is

mHkieMi.png

i'm sure that number will keep growing

I don't care I don't even know why i'm posting about it, that other thread about the video is the real joke

The clicks: the real conspiracy behind the Internet's obsession with Ghostbusters.

imBask

Banned
The clicks: the real conspiracy behind the Internet's obsession with Ghostbusters.

look don't quote me on that but i'd say there's a 94% chance RLM are doing clicks laundering according to this data I won't release

WHERE'S THE MONEY RICH

also where is jesse?! was she against the clicks and they took care of her? i'm just saying

Nekofrog

Banned
Does anybody truly believe Sony is competent enough to manufacture that kind of surgicaly precise campaign to inflame the sexist angle to their benefit?

This is fucking Sony films we're talking about here.

Does anybody truly believe Sony is competent enough to manufacture that kind of surgicaly precise campaign to inflame the sexist angle to their benefit?

They didn't manufacture anything. They simply piggybacked on the controversy to promote their film. And they failed at it judging by the box office number.

Sanjuro

It's not even a question if Sony did use it as a campaign. There are plenty of examples and it is in the actual film.

The notion they started the entire thing in house is the crazy talk.

Xux

So, the vocal minority gets too much attention. They could've made the video a dozen or so minutes shorter and just had that last clip.

Oh well.

When's the next BotW, again?

Cheerilee

Sony was moderating the Youtube comments. Sony removed mildly negative comments, and clearly left the disgusting hatred standing where it was. Why on Earth would any normal moderator act like that? Aren't they supposed to do pretty much the opposite? Obviously, they did it because they were fanning the flames of hatred.

Harold Ramis' daughter wrote an article about how when GB2016 was announced in the wake of her father's death, she felt the movie was blasphemy and she initially wanted no part of it, but then she saw the hateful and disgusting Youtube comments, and felt compelled to join team GB2016. Sony toyed with the emotions of a grieving daughter and played her like a fiddle.

Sony did a fantastic job in "upgrading" the environment around GB2016 from a mess into a toxic shitshow, apparently on the adage of "any advertising is good advertising." They did a terrible job in somehow spinning the hostility into box office numbers.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Has she been in any of the videos where I'm supposed to recognize her name? lol
They're adorable together. They've done plenty of episodes. It's hard to find them all with a search though. (You can search "Karen" but it won't show all of them because they don't always put her actual name in the description.) I think her first time on camera was Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Before that it was before they had a face cam. But she's been there for a lot of games. (For instance, she isn't mentioned by name on Keep Talking. He calls her "the fiance" instead in the description.)

Here's that episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ZRK99WNqI

Lupercal

Banned
Sony did a fantastic job in "upgrading" the environment around GB2016 from a mess into a toxic shitshow, apparently on the adage of "any advertising is good advertising." They did a terrible job in somehow spinning the hostility into box office numbers.

They're at 110m domestic now, for the quality of the film that's a good spin.

El Topo

Sony was moderating the Youtube comments. Sony removed mildly negative comments, and clearly left the disgusting hatred standing where it was. Why on Earth would any normal moderator act like that? Aren't they supposed to do pretty much the opposite? Obviously, they did it because they were fanning the flames of hatred.

Do you have data and/or evidence for this (regarding the nature of the comments and the extent of the moderation) and how it applies to all the other trailers for the movie on Youtube (on other channels and in different languages) that have an enormous amount of abhorrent comments? Because I also see an overwhelming amount of hateful comments at other (e.g. German) channels. Is this an international conspiracy throughout different companies?

Harold Ramis' daughter wrote an article about how when GB2016 was announced in the wake of her father's death, she felt the movie was blasphemy and she initially wanted no part of it, but then she saw the hateful and disgusting Youtube comments, and felt compelled to join team GB2016.

That seems like a bit of an exaggeration of what she wrote (regarding the project, its announcement and her initial feelings towards it):
http://splitsider.com/2016/07/on-my...ostbusters-torch-to-a-new-generation-of-fans/

I'm also not sure how an announcement half a year after Ramis' death counts as "in the wake". You make it sound like they announced it a day after he died.

Sony toyed with the emotions of a grieving daughter and played her like a fiddle.

...what? I thought Sony only deleted some comments (besides maybe other media spiel), did they write all the hateful shit on Youtube, Facebook, Reddit and Twitter as well?

Could you elaborate on that? I see people mention that they removed some comments on the English trailer, how did they influence Reddit, Twitter and Facebook? How did Sony achieve this toxicity by removing Youtube comments, when the reaction was enormously hostile long before the shooting had even begun?

Maybe, just maybe, some people are sexists and/or assholes. Sometimes you may find yourself on the same side of a discussion, e.g. because you dislike something (for different reasons), that's okay, it happens. Downplaying the problem or fantasizing about a grand conspiracy however is not helpful.

man, we already have one shitshow of a thread yelling about this, someone pinch me when this one is done

and yeah I need some BotW in the near future...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, what is worse. Ghostbusters 2016 or Naughty Dog.
Their opinion on one matches my own so they're basically internet folk heroes to me.

But their opinion on the other makes them hack frauds baiting for clicks.

You see the conundrum they've placed me in.

Well, I'm on hold for updating the OP with linked pics because I ran out of characters for the Half in the Bag piece.

I've put in a request for a separate post for each section.

(Does any one actually care about OP maintenance? :lol)

Well, I'm on hold for updating the OP with linked pics because I ran out of characters for the Half in the Bag piece.

I think it's great for new fans, they do offer a lot of content and your op helps navigate it.

komplanen

I've seen literally every video on their Youtube channel several times so I don't care, but it's beneficial so that new people have something to start from. Also ask us for help, if there's anything we can do :)

I think it's great for new fans, they do offer a lot of content and your op helps navigate it.

I've seen literally every video on their Youtube channel several times so I don't care, but it's beneficial so that new people have something to start from. Also ask us for help, if there's anything we can do :)
Good to know!

It's not too much work to update it every couple of months. I'm now less constrained by the work as much as the character limits!

It's crazy that OP is 5 years old.
I know, right?

So I take it back on not needing help. I don't like the old BotW logo for the banner and I would like to grab the new one but I have no skills with Photoshop or whatever.

Can someone grab the logo from this picture (looks easiest since there is nothing but black behind it) and make it transparent like the RLM logo? And then make the re:View and Pre:Rec logos transparent too?

In other words:
Grab the BotW logo from this picture, then make it and these:

transparent like this:

If that's hard or impossible, then no worries. But it will definitely make me happier and make the OP stronger. Much strong, very wow.

Much obliged to you all for keeping this thread going over all these years!

Top Bottom