• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nah. It's Twitch money and tips that they used.

Pre Rec doesn't get a penny of the Patreon money.
Did they buy their own copy or did someone send it in?

Because they kept saying "please donate to a charity instead", so it'd be kind of weird for them to buy the game anyway to destroy it. lol

Cheerilee

i think the game is just ok, not no worst than mass effect 3. It's just more of the same which I guess can be seen as disappointing

The joke is that Rich hated #3 so much that it killed the entire series for him. It doesn't matter if Andromeda is better or worse than #3, because he'll never play Andromeda or any other Mass Effect game, that's how badly he hated #3.

Andromeda didn't do anything to deserve to get shredded, except be "a Mass Effect game" after #3 killed Rich's dog. Mass Effect 1&2 similarly didn't do anything to deserve a shredding, but they were related to Mass Effect 3.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Did they buy their own copy or did someone send it in?

Because they kept saying "please donate to a charity instead", so it'd be kind of weird for them to buy the game anyway to destroy it. lol
I think I know the internet well enough to think that at least a few people sent Rich a copy of Andromeda just to see if he'd actually destroy it. He's a man of his word, I like that.

Schlorgan

Discovered a subculture on YouTube of taking video of the RLM guys laughing while watching something and having them be watching a tragedy.

Like them reacting to the end of Resident Evil: Afterlife but making it look like they're watching 9/11 footage.

Weird.

Harlock

Oh, yeah!

4af5f4aee672db18b0b1ef6782be743e.jpg

jman2050

I suddenly wants an EUIV-style war/economy simulation game chronicling the Franchise Wars.

Imagine taking the reins of behemoth supreme-yet-declining McDonalds and whethering the storm of competition or perhaps taking some no-name midwest regional franchise and catapulting it to global fame.

Sephzilla

Demolition Man is a more clever/funny movie than it has any right to be considering its a Stallone platform.

"We're police officers! We're not trained to handle this kind of violence!"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember a Giantbomb discussion where they said the Bullock character is Stallone's character's daughter or something... is that true?

I remember a Giantbomb discussion where they said the Bullock character is Stallone's character's daughter or something... is that true?

no, that's wrong. There are a few deleted scenes, and one of them is the cut Ventura fight in the sewers, after which you suddenly see Stallone holding some girl. That girl is his daughter, and there supposedly is a cut scene that explained that, but didn't make it into the movie.

Bullock is -obviously- no relation to Spartan.

So question about the Nerd Crew: which film podcast are they parodying? It seems like they're really trying to go in on specific mannerisms and what not. Is there a podcast I should watch to get a treasure trove of references?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So question about the Nerd Crew: which film podcast are they parodying? It seems like they're really trying to go in on specific mannerisms and what not. Is there a podcast I should watch to get a treasure trove of references?
Collider apparently, and various other youtube channels.

Cheerilee

Haven't watched it yet, but I love Demolition Man. It's genuinely one of my favorite movies.
Me personally, I also love Demolition Man, even though I've also never seen it.

Stallone's character was frozen for 30 years.

Sandra Bullock was 30 years old when Demolition Man was filmed.

Lenina Huxley: "Says here your wife is dead, but you have a daughter. Should I open this Maury Povich-style paternity envelope and tell you who your daughter is?"

John Spartan: "No thank you, I don't want to know."

*Spartan bones Huxley*

IMO, the daughter is the reason why Spartan's character was frozen for 30 years, and not a more-realistic 230 years. I think someone involved with the production (writer/director/producer) really wanted to play the incest card.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I disagree with them about the product placement. I think because it was so blatant and over the top, it was kind of like the scene in Wayne's World. It's there as a joke.

Eyeh4wk

Me personally, I also love Demolition Man, even though I've also never seen it.

Stallone's character was frozen for 30 years.

Sandra Bullock was 30 years old when Demolition Man was filmed.

Lenina Huxley: "Says here your wife is dead, but you have a daughter. Should I open this Maury Povich-style paternity envelope and tell you who your daughter is?"

John Spartan: "No thank you, I don't want to know."

*Spartan bones Huxley*

IMO, the daughter is the reason why Spartan's character was frozen for 30 years, and not a more-realistic 230 years. I think someone involved with the production (writer/director/producer) really wanted to play the incest card.

What? Why Wouldn't Stallone know the name of his daughter? She was the kid at the beginning of the movie if I remember right.

can we not tarnish a good movie with this White Fire crap?

imdb trivia said:
In a scene that was cut from the movie, before the Wasteland battle, Spartan meets one of the Wasteland Scraps, a young woman named Kate (Vasilika Vanya Marinkovic) and Spartan learns Kate is his own daughter. In the film, Spartan is seen protecting Kate during the Wasteland battle and at the end of the movie, she is seen standing next to Edgar Friendly, when Associate Bob introduces himself to Edgar Friendly.

edit: unless I'm missing a joke here. Director is Italian, not French though.

Cheerilee

What? Why Wouldn't Stallone know the name of his daughter?
Wife is pregnant, daughter's first name is not yet decided.
John Spartan goes to cryo-prison for the rest of everybody's forseeable lives. He's basically dead.
Spartan's wife remarries to a "Mr Huxley". Spartan's daughter is then named "Lelina".
Spartan's wife/Lelina's mom dies in the earthquake. Lelina never learns of her Spartan connection.

Spartan asks Lelina about his family. The police computer says his wife died in the earthquake (Lelina: Yeah, that happened to lots of people, aka: Yeah, that happened to my mom too), but his daughter is still alive, and her identity is protected. Lelina would need to unseal the file to see any more than "wife (dead), daughter (alive)".

Edit: It's a ratburger situation. Spartan doesn't want to know if this theory is true or not, he just wants to eat his ratburger in blissful ignorance.
She was the kid at the beginning of the movie if I remember right.
That was a hostage being held for financial ransom.

Really surprising re:View. I'm kind of shocked that Rich, who complains that he can't say "tranny" or "retard" without resistance, would love a premise where politically correct culture has run amok.

Top Bottom