• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Schlorgan

Mike earnestly talking about movies he likes is strange. The Star Trek Beyond and Jurassic World reviews were similarly strange. It's a dog going meow strange.
The Star Trek Beyond love was way more genuine than the JW love. The JW love seemed to be more that he liked how dumb it was.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So I found out today the first time I watched iron man 3 it was with the "descriptive video services" on and I thought it was a legit/funny/self-aware quirk of the movie.

Apparently I was very wrong as I was watching it on tv and noticed the lack of the "narrator"

My PS3 for some reason automatically had it going when I played it. I never seen it before the blu ray so I didn't know better

I guess it's not as enjoyable if you are going into it aware of that fact but I thought it was hilarious at the time

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Some TV shows also offer the descriptive video service, too. Bob's Burger's second audio track has a narrator, for example.

So I found out today the first time I watched iron man 3 it was with the "descriptive video services" on and I thought it was a legit/funny/self-aware quirk of the movie.

Apparently I was very wrong as I was watching it on tv and noticed the lack of the "narrator"

My PS3 for some reason automatically had it going when I played it. I never seen it before the blu ray so I didn't know better

I guess it's not as enjoyable if you are going into it aware of that fact but I thought it was hilarious at the time

Were you watching the "Stanley Parable" version of IM3? hahah

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior

I accidentally had that turned on for The Amazing Spider-Man once. Listening to someone describing the Sony logo is hilarious.

BigAT

I accidentally had that turned on for The Amazing Spider-Man once. Listening to someone describing the Sony logo is hilarious.

I watched some of Passion of the Christ with it turned on. It was a very dark/hilarious experience. Imagine someone very calmly and emotionlessly describing Jesus' torture.

"A man slaps Jesus. A man kicks Jesus. Someone spits on Jesus."

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I watched some of Passion of the Christ with it turned on. It was a very dark/hilarious experience. Imagine someone very calmly and emotionlessly describing Jesus' torture.

"A man slaps Jesus. A man kicks Jesus. Someone spits on Jesus."

I mean yeah. It was like oddly descriptive but it felt like it was intentional since it wasn't over dialogue or anything. I started cracking up when the narrator began reading the credits one by one!

I was like "I guess I get why not a lot of people like this now, the narrator must have been annoying to them"

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that GotGV2 couldn't hold a serious moment for more than two seconds. I found it extremely distracting. Didn't ruin the movie for me, but it's one reason I didn't like it as much as the first.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that GotGV2 couldn't hold a serious moment for more than two seconds. I found it extremely distracting. Didn't ruin the movie for me, but it's one reason I didn't like it as much as the first.
The first one did the same thing. It just didn't have emotional stakes in the same league as the second one. It is one of those things that Gunn does a lot. It made Super hard to watch for me.

The first one did the same thing. It just didn't have emotional stakes in the same league as the second one. It is one of those things that Gunn does a lot. It made Super hard to watch for me.

The first one did it here and there, but it knew when to pull its punches.

If the first were written like the second, when Peter's mom was lying in the hospital bed dying, as her EKG went to flatline, she'd've ripped a giant fart right before her last breath.

Gui_PT

I thought I was the only one for a while. Many of the jokes just felt forced like "we need a joke in this scene"

Geeky

I honestly hope that Rich appears on a youtube talk show as Mr. Plinkett.

I can see him doing that horrible Movie Fights show and answering the questions with the most inane stuff.

The "Gardens of the Galaxy" joke was a little on point.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'll never understand how they were so relatively soft on Prometheus. It's SO MUCH WORSE than almost anything they've ever talked about on Half in the Bag, and it's bad in exactly the ways that usually really nag at them.

They place far too much value on basic technical competence but they're getting better about it.
It should be expected from anything with a major studio budget. It's not worth discussing.

NotLiquid

I was watching the GOTG2 review just waiting for Mike to mention Star Trek, because I kept drawing those same connections while watching the entire movie. Not too surprised that Mike and Jay enjoyed the movie.

Cheerilee

IIRC, Jay said that was a one-and-done joke (from him), which surprised him by it's popularity. He would like to give us more, but one joke was all he had in him.

IMO, Jay should use it as the basis for a new "Mr Plinkett's creepy relative" video. That hack fraud Mike isn't keeping up with his Mr Plinkett duties, so Jay should step in. It would be different, but different can be good. I'm sure Jay could find more jokes in there once he actually started looking.

I'm gonna assume Hollywood isn't rushing to set up advanced screenings of anything out in
Milwaukee.

I assumed the poster was hoping to see a review of the upcoming alien film that the poster had gotten to see at an advanced screening. The fact rlm hasn't seen it yet would be why their isn't a review since it isn't readily available. I didn't realize the poster was referencing gotg2 with their post.

Schlorgan

I assumed the poster was hoping to see a review of the upcoming alien film that the poster had gotten to see at an advanced screening. The fact rlm hasn't seen it yet would be why their isn't a review since it isn't readily available. I didn't realize the poster was referencing gotg2 with their post.
We still don't know what movie they were referring to.

oatmeal

Banned

I did this when I turned on Tower heist or whatever on TBS a few years back. Complete confusion. Thought it was a stupid choice by bad filmmakers.

aravuus

I'm going to be watching FWWM for the first time as soon as I finish rewatching the second season of Twin Peaks. Gonna be interesting to watch the re:view with it so freshly in my mind.

I'm betting that one of the two of them will think Alien Covenant was not terrible. Or certainly much better than Prometheus, anyway. Probably Mike "Schlock" Stoklasa.

I thought it was great, myself. Really enjoyed it and I wasn't much of a fan of Prometheus. The rest of Gaf seem to be shitting on it from a great height, so it seems like I'm in the minority.

Top Bottom