• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

How the hell do you say Jim is awkward and then rank Len above him. He's fucking awkward acting incarnate. And when they discuss movies he tends to just sit there

At least with Jim you get Collin with him as they're a buy one get two Canadians special. And max was a bit too eager to please. His positive value is that he wanted to actually discuss the movies instead of letting the other guys do most of the talking. But God damn that awkward high five attempt

How the hell do you say Jim is awkward and then rank Len above him. He's fucking awkward acting incarnate. And when they discuss movies he tends to just sit there

At least with Jim you get Collin with him as they're a buy one get two Canadians special. And max was a bit too eager to please. His positive value is that he wanted to actually discuss the movies instead of letting the other guys do most of the talking. But God damn that awkward high five attempt

I'd argue Len embraces his awkward nature, has interesting insight, and knows how to use a gag. Jim without Colin would be pretty miserable.

I'd argue Len embraces his awkward nature, has interesting insight, and knows how to use a gag. Jim without Colin would be pretty miserable.

I think he’d be fine without Colin since they rarely feed off each other in discussions.

Jim without Mike, however? That would be bad. Mike seems to love Jim’s awkwardness, and Jim finally cracking up at Mike’s jokes always makes me laugh.

jett

D-Member
The Canadians are the only good guests they actually had. They fit well with the show.

I'd take another Max Landis just for the laugh of it, but that's all.

Max was great.

I don't really like the canucks all that much. They're all right, just a little bland.

Rockk

I really hope we get a Half in the Bag of the new Transformer movie. It's been a little bit since they ragged on the series and Michael Bay. Maybe they can watch the first 4 movies all at once to prepare for this new one.

Schlorgan

I really hope we get a Half in the Bag of the new Transformer movie. It's been a little bit since they ragged on the series and Michael Bay. Maybe they can watch the first 4 movies all at once to prepare for this new one.
I liked their one for T4, where they talked about how awesome Edge of Tomorrow was then mention mention that T4 sucks right at the end.

Maybe they could combine it with Apes and do something similar.

Just finished catching up on Devolver Digital's E3 Big Fancy Press Conference.

It legitimately felt like I was watching a real-life episode of the Nerd Crew, but for video games instead of geek and nerd culture. It was brilliant.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Max was great.

I don't really like the canucks all that much. They're all right, just a little bland.

Can't remember in which one exactly but there's an episode where Colin gets all red while laughing, like the dude looked like he was dying of laughter.

Also, i like Max :3

Joeku

Let me correct my previous statement: The WotW with The Osteoporosis Dance et al may not be the best episode (cuz yeah, SOS is complete lunacy itself) but it is the crew at their absolute peak, in the room and at the table. Them trying to deal with the editing of How Can I Tell if I'm Really in Love, Jim falling asleep, the endless ageist jokes, Tay Zonday, the slow realization of the origins of American Flatulators, all of it. Just *mwah*

I guess they just decided to do ReView for bad movies but still call it Best of the Worse?

First movie is Hollywood Cop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PILodU2wXw&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=bdLxCJpCfjWyJXOW-6

I'm all for more content as it could possibly mean more regular content, but it seems like a dumb idea to call it Best of the Worst if it's going to have a similar format to Re:View.

Just make it into a Re:View episode since they're going to focus on B movies they've already seen and haven't discussed. When I see 'Best of the Worst' I get excited because I imagine the whole she bang (she bang ay miralaaaa) not just clips from the film with discussion like.. well like Re:View.

If you want to keep the Re:View name for good/decent cult classic non-B movies then call this like Re:poo

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm all for more content as it could possibly mean more regular content, but it seems like a dumb idea to call it Best of the Worst if it's going to have a similar format to Re:View.

Just make it into a Re:View episode since they're going to focus on B movies they've already seen and haven't discussed. When I see 'Best of the Worst' I get excited because I imagine the whole she bang (she bang ay miralaaaa) not just clips from the film with discussion like.. well like Re:View.

If you want to keep the Re:View name for good/decent cult classic non-B movies then call this like Re:poo
I guess the idea is that these are movies that would have been Best of the Worst movies but just didn't make those segments? Hollywood Cop sort of makes sense since they've done all those other movies, but I'm not sure what else would be next.

Also, the Tums segment killed me. lol

Rockk

Tums Festival
Tums Festival
Tums Festival
Tums Festival
Tums Festival

Probably better named Re:View but it seems like they've been trying some new stuff like the Slenderman video, the BoTW with Freddie Willems ,etc.

Anth0ny

this new transformers movie makes me want to grab some rope, get a chair, go into my attic, and commit

to learning all of the nautical rope knots

19274897_10103590920538435_1117645455912393002_n.jpg

Euphony

Banned
Eh I wasn't really feeling the new episode. I loved the Tums festival argument/bit but the rest of the episode wasn't a great as the recent BotW episodes. Like others have already said, the video would have been better off as a Re:View episode. I guess I learned that a big part of my enjoyment of the BotW episodes is seeing everyone react to bad movies or tapes they haven't seen before.

Yeah, I think Re:View is a better format because bad movies don't really give as much material to have a productive discussion about.

That's what BotW is for, basically. To shit on them for deserving it.

Tums Festival is one of their better bits in a while.

Rich's power is predicting stuff, Jack's is paying attention to garbage, but you do not fuck with Jay when it comes to knowing the content of movies - actors, plot points, lines of dialogue, etc.

Also, depending on when they filmed this, that "hanging out" comment seems oddly specific. I just bothered to look up whether they ever responded to a certain previously named individual, and the answer is no.

So that answers that.

Cheerilee

Tums Festival
Tums Festival
Tums Festival
Tums Festival
Tums Festival

Mandela Effect.

Between the time of the gang rewatching Hollywood Cop and the time they sat down to discuss it, Rich Evans shifted over from a parallel universe (displacing the Rich Evans we all know and love, off into some other parallel universe). He came from a universe where Amir Shervan honestly did not include that line when he was writing in Hollywood Cop, choosing instead to use it in his later film, Samurai Cop.

Also, depending on when they filmed this, that "hanging out" comment seems oddly specific. I just bothered to look up whether they ever responded to a certain previously named individual, and the answer is no.

So that answers that.
It's possible that Mike came from a parallel universe where one of RLM's stalkers was getting a little too close for comfort. Jay and Rich played along because they thought Mike was joking, but he wasn't. One of these days Mike's going to ask "Whatever happened to that creepy guy?" and nobody is going to know who Mike's talking about.
And that stalker still exists in this universe, he just hasn't made his move yet. He could be buying a bus ticket to Milwaukee while you read this spoiler.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Legit question: WTF is a Tums Festival?

English is not my first language as you might have guessed

Edit: Oh, it's an antacid. Make sense.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm not sure I agree with calling it a best of the worst, but I suppose if they don't want Re:View to cover that type of movie then it makes sense.

Best of the worst just is de facto for crappy b-movies for them I guess

Top Bottom